Best World Series in Forever!

Bullstomp

This should be a great series and someone's drought will end

I think that is the coolest aspect. Usually there is one of the usual winning franchises (ex. Yankees, Cardinals, Giants etc.) and there isn't a doubt who will win. I am looking forward to one of these teams breaking their curse^_^

• Like 1

Whoever wins I will be fine with the result where both teams definitely deserve to be at the World Series. Want Indians to win it all where I believe they are the underdogs and hope with all of the effort they made this year thanks to the person who made a great score in a late regular season game that save them on being in the promise land which is here right now, Cubs are also great too.  

When I die in 60 years I truly do hope that the Cubs drought is still going on. I have nothing against the Cubs other than me finding the streak hilarious. As for the Indians I'd feel a lot better knowing the Jays lost to the eventual champions than to the World Series losers.

Edited by BhekifaZ

It's just gonna be such a great series. I'm watching the games on my laptop while i beat some games and get some trophies. Haven't missed a single playoff game. For me personally, now that Rizzo and Russell are hitting again the Cubs are gonna win it. They have AMAZING starting pitching (best ERA in the league), a great lineup and a beast of a closer.

I'm definitly rooting for the Cubbies, but If the Indians win I won't be sad.

I will feel the ultimate despair if the Cubs lose.. Junko better stay away from me! :P

When I die in 60 years I truly do hope that the Cubs drought is still going on. I have nothing against the Cubs other than me finding the streak hilarious. As for the Indians I'd feel a lot better knowing the Jays lost to the eventual champions than to the World Series losers.

You.. 60 years may be a lot shorter than you think if they don't win.  :ninja:

• Like 1

All these Cubs fans and I'm sitting here hoping for the Tribe, as if you couldn't tell. I work with a big Cubs fan and we joked a couple years ago about how this combo of Indians/Cubs meant the end of the world. And now, it is a reality. I am pumped

Being pumped about the world ending is an odd thing to be pumped about.. 

• Like 1

Not usually a huge baseball fan but this World Series has me excited. I don't really care who wins but I think if I had a choice it would be the Indians. It would be awesome if the Indians beat the Cubs; a team who had a great regular season record and look seemingly unstoppable. The Indians are in a similar situation as the Cavs were vs the Warriors in the Finals last June. If two Cleveland teams pulled off upsets of this magnitude in a single season it would be something to marvel at for any sports fan. Either way I'm just looking forward to an exciting series.  

Edited by Lithium_Lemon

Thank the fucking gods.

Either team winning would be a huge success story because neither have won a World Series in several decades. 1908 was a long time ago, there are maybe five or six men today in the world who were alive back then.

Chicago will go ape shit if they win, and that's who I'm rooting for.

So Cleveland dominated game 1 with a 6-0 win, setting a WS record with 8 strike outs in the first 3 innings. I expected more of a battle than that. If the Cubbies don't at least make game 2 competitive this may be over quickly. . .

And just like that, 1-1.  :D Baseball is a funny sport. You really can't base one game on how a series of them is going to go. Pitchers change, don't pitch as well(Kershaw pitched a combined shutout against the Cubs the first time, and we beat him the next), and batters can be hot or cold. Should be a fun watch, either way(though I really hope the Cubs win ;w;).

Definitely a great series. As a Yankee fan if my team isn't there I'm focused on football and hockey this time of year. With these two teams all I really hope for is that it goes to game 7, with a nail biting finish. So for now I'm hoping the Cubs have enough fire left in them to get it there.