Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
damon8r351

Skyrim PS3/PS4 Comparison

23 posts in this topic

I'm honestly split on whether to get this immediately or to request this as my "Christmas game"

I'll most likely wait as I'm going to be busy with two very different Final Fantasy's

Has there been any word on 'new' content

As certain articles I've read have said the game comes with never before seen content

I'm all about playing Skyrim again with better performance but this is the harsh reality...

I have all ready beat this on both PS3 and PC and I'm still super excited to play it again. It's actually the game I'm looking forward to playing on the PS4 Pro the most.

the ps3 version is actually a rough rushed out the door port from the 360 version anyway, which explains why it looked washed out and it was a buggy and a glitch fest even when compared to the 360 version at the time. I was about to buy it back then when it was out where it got a price drop on the playstation store until a friend of mine warned me about a bug where the game delete your save data or something.

the ps3 version is actually a rough rushed out the door port from the 360 version anyway, which explains why it looked washed out and it was a buggy and a glitch fest even when compared to the 360 version at the time. I was about to buy it back then when it was out where it got a price drop on the playstation store until a friend of mine warned me about a bug where the game delete your save data or something.

What? No, Skyrim was developed concurrently on all systems. There was nothing rushed about it. The game took 5 fucking years to develop. Bethesda has a reputation for making buggy games, period, no matter what system it's on.

And what I'm to understand, 360 versions don't save what you don't "see". Say things that happened 10 minutes after the last autosave gets removed so there's space for new memory to save. That's why PS3 Bethesda games get so huge save files after many hours of gameplay and becomes almost unplayable.

EDIT: i.e. a bucket that's glitching between meshes will keep clipping in the PS3 version even when you're on other side of the map from it while in the PC and 360 version after some distance it will "fix" itself.

Edited by totallycrushed

So glad that I don't play these type of games

You're missing out on some really great games then.

You're missing out on some really great games then.

Not exactly if a game doesn't intrest me or I just don't like grundy games, plus hearing about the bugs too heck no.

Not exactly if a game doesn't intrest me or I just don't like grundy games, plus hearing about the bugs too heck no.

The bugs are very real, but few games are as immersive or as immense as Skyrim. I would never call it "grindy", either.

I really don't understand this. It's only a 5 year old game. It really didn't need a remaster. Tbh, the differences are minor in that only graphical enhancements were made. Slapped on the dlc, then charged full price. Full flipping $80(CAD) on a 5 year old game. Boggles my mind.

One may argue that's what a remaster is, what did you expect? Which brings me to my point that this isn't even that old. Heck I played it this summer and visuals still looked great on ps3. The glitches? I almost had none, call me lucky. Only experienced framerates drops occasionally but that's it with some freezes when the engine is stressed. Loading times? I disabled auto save and bam! Cut down by so much. Oh and the remaster is still 30 fps..

Lastly, I wish if they remastered morrowind or oblivion with trophy support but given this was their most successful title and remastering an old game would take more work, they of course stuck with it as it can generate the most potential moolah. Gg Bethesda

Edited by poopooblast

I really don't understand this. It's only a 5 year old game. It really didn't need a remaster. Tbh, the differences are minor in that only graphical enhancements were made. Slapped on the dlc, then charged full price. Full flipping $80(CAD) on a 5 year old game. Boggles my mind.

One may argue that's what a remaster is, what did you expect? Which brings me to my point that this isn't even that old. Heck I played it this summer and visuals still looked great on ps3. The glitches? I almost had none, call me lucky. Only experienced framerates drops occasionally but that's it with some freezes when the engine is stressed. Loading times? I disabled auto save and bam! Cut down by so much. Oh and the remaster is still 30 fps..

Lastly, I wish if they remastered morrowind or oblivion with trophy support but given this was their most successful title, they of course stuck with it as it can generate the most potential moolah. Gg Bethesda

The remaster doesn't just increase graphical fidelity. Bethesda took it upon themselves to fix a great number of issues that plagued the previous console versions of the game, so no, the differences are not minor at all. Many developers would leave the game as it is and only increase graphics.

The remaster doesn't just increase graphical fidelity. Bethesda took it upon themselves to fix a great number of issues that plagued the previous console versions of the game, so no, the differences are not minor at all. Many developers would leave the game as it is and only increase graphics.

Well I hope so. I hope youre right. I don't like seeing any game failing. I wouldn't mind if developers actually worked hard on remastering a game and the results were great but when somebody half-asses a remaster and slap on $60 US as if its brand new, then this spits out lazy to me.

The bugs are very real, but few games are as immersive or as immense as Skyrim. I would never call it "grindy", either.

Well I call it grindy since I don't really like lvl up type of dungeon games that involves things like Dark Souls where even people still love the game, that don't change the fact that its grindy especially the trophies I could think they make that grindy as well.

As the Elder Scrolls is my favourite series of all time, I'm really excited about this. I have already pre-ordered my copy. The main reason why I'm buying it is just that I get to play it on the PS4. I have it on PS3, Xb360 and PC. For me, I would still have bought it even if Bethesda didn't bother to add depth of field, "god rays", and other graphical upgrades. I just want to experience the game again. 

(Still it would be nice if Bethesda could fix some glitches. I mean Skyrim is nowhere near a perfect game). 

For me, I would still have bought it even if Bethesda didn't bother to add depth of field, "god rays", and other graphical upgrades. I just want to experience the game again. 

You know nothing is stopping you from replaying the copies you already own, right?

You know nothing is stopping you from replaying the copies you already own, right?

While this is entirely true, it's just far more convenient for me (due to my current living situation) to have it on the PS4.  :)

Looks very nice, I'm one of those rare rpgs lover that missed the opportunity of playing this game back on ps 3, so I'm really glad I got the chance to play this one on ps4. At least graphically it does look way better so I'll avoid watching any more videos and witness the greatness of the world by myself.

Well I call it grindy since I don't really like lvl up type of dungeon games that involves things like Dark Souls where even people still love the game, that don't change the fact that its grindy especially the trophies I could think they make that grindy as well.

Not sure where you get the idea that either Skyrim or Dark Souls is "grindy". They're simply not, especially not Dark Souls. You never need to actually grind anything in Dark Souls, not even for any of the trophies, but you can do a little bit of it to make it a little bit easier. I don't really think you know what you're talking about. You play games like Bayonetta and Alice, those really aren't far away from these games, it's just these games goes a bit deeper and got way more content. Especially Dark Souls is about mastering the battle system, not that different from Bayonetta in a way, just you got more options as to what kinda attacks and equipment you can pick. You also get to explore on your own, not just follow a strict story line. Skyrim kinda suck when it comes to the battle system IMO, and the PS3 version was for me mostly load screens. :\ I'd say some of Skyrim's trophies can be a bit grindy, but nothing terrible in any way.

Edited by MMDE

I bought Skyrim day 1 and never got around to playing it. Then they released the Legendary Edition and I bought that version but never got around to playing it. I wasn't going to get the game a 3rd time but this video makes me think I ought to get the PS4 version ..... and get round to not playing it some more.