Moving to a new profile

Dawnbringer90

Good morning, this will be my last post with this profile, as i have just made a new one.

I have had some really bad experiences with multiplayer recently, from lag, to cheaters, to the personal messages sent by angry 12 years old, insulting and claiming i'm a camper/aimbotter and nonsense like that (that's what ruined Star Wars Battlefront, to me).

That's why i decided i'll never play online games anymore, nor buy games who have trophies that include online, as i have realised that, instead of relaxing myself, these online matches only made me upset and frustrated.

Only relaxing and peaceful singe-player games in my trophies shelf from now on :lol:. Since i'm a completionist, instead of playing online any longer, i prefered to create outright a new profile.

I just wanted to inform the ( very few) people who know me, about this profile shift.

My new profile is: Bright_Morning

See you all.

I have had some really bad experiences with multiplayer recently, from lag, to cheaters, to the personal messages sent by angry 12 years old, insulting and claiming i'm a camper/aimbotter and nonsense like that (that's what ruined Star Wars Battlefront, to me).

That's why i decided i'll never play online games anymore, nor buy games who have trophies that include online, as i have realised that, instead of relaxing myself, these online matches only made me upset and frustrated.

But why get upset and frustrated when people claim you're a camper/aimbotter/hacker/whatever? Who cares? Just mute everyone in-game and, if you feel that's necessary, change your settings so only friends can send you a message on PSN and have a great time. You're really going to miss out on some awesome multiplayer experiences if you stop playing multiplayer games.

• Like 3

Don't let childish people get the best of you. When it comes to Multiplayer games, unfortunately, there will always be a few bad apples... or maybe a handful. Don't let them ruin something you enjoy doing. Ignore them, block them, or even do as Milan/Lucas have said. You're much better than that. I'm actually quite jealous of your Mortal Kombat X and Star Wars Battlefront platinums! 

• Like 1

You really shouldn't let these people get to you.  Just laugh that they wasted their time sending you an angry message that you will only delete anyways (or do as I do and just have notifications turned off for messages).  Your old profile is already good for a 100% completion one and I'll tell you, there's a lot less kids on MMOs (Neverwinter) as the majority of the playerbase in those are in their 30s and don't take much BS from kids.. if you're having problems in it.. maybe search for a mature/raiding guild.

• Like 3

One, grow a thicker skin. It's pretty weak and honestly almost pathetic that you're letting some chubby 12 year fucks stop from doing the shit you love. 

They're 12 and borderline diabetic due to bad diets, who fucking cares about them? No one, even their parents wish they would die. You're letting those chubby fucks dictate what you play? 

Come on man. Just reply calling them fat or something and laugh it off. Or block them OR make it so you can't receive messages from people not on your Friends list. 

Two, it kinda just seems like you want to start again and you're stretching for a reason to justify it. 

you don't need to justify making a new account dude, you just do it. 

I wanted to make a new account everyone, so I did. 

That's all you needed to say man. 

Have fun.

• Like 2

One, grow a thicker skin. It's pretty weak and honestly almost pathetic that you're letting some chubby 12 year fucks stop from doing the shit you love. 

They're 12 and borderline diabetic due to bad diets, who fucking cares about them? No one, even their parents wish they would die. You're letting those chubby fucks dictate what you play? 

I know what your trying to say but I don't think it was necessary to insult twelve year old's like you just did. We were all twelve at some point in our lives and I think we can all say that we did stupid things at that age. Their twelve, still learning right from wrong. I think you can cut them some slack.

I'm not trying to say twelve year old's (or young kids in general) get free 'insult-and-get-away-with-it' cards. They annoy me as well. But we need to be the bigger person and let kids be kids. One day, most of them will regret how they treated people when they were younger. Be patient. What goes around comes around.   

• Like 2

Seriously?  According to all of the stereotyping and generalizing here, that sounds exactly like something a 12 year old would say.

Edited by awf9495
  • Like 3

I'm going to answer to the posts above with my new profile.

The thing about kids sending insults via messages is just one of the reasons why i grew tired of online play, and admittedly the least important. I was actually kind of amused and flattered, that they thought i was cheating. Apparently i had been performing quite well.

There are a lot of factors that made me quit online, and listing all of them would be impossible. Another good example is the endless and depressing spam of ranged attacks in Mortal Kombat (those who know the game will know what i'm talking about), that often resulted in the enemy getting a flawless victory cause i didn't even get my hands on him. The fact that 90% of online opponents tend to spam obviously killed my interest for that game,at least the online part. Generally speaking, i lost the most important requirement needed for online play: having fun. Meeting so many unpolite and frustrating players obviously hurt my interest.

My first post was meant, anyway, to inform the few people i know here that i've changed profile. I didn't try to "justify" my actions, or anything else.

On topic, if having fun is the most important aspect of playing games for you, then don't avoid the single player portion of games you want to play just because they might have a few multiplayer trophies. I know it can be hard to kick that completionist habit, but avoiding games you might love (i.e. Uncharted 4) just because of a few trophies isn't doing yourself any favors either.  Ask yourself what is more important - a 100% profile or perhaps never playing potentially your favorite game of all time?  I avoid multiplayer as well and just skip those trophies without skipping games I want to play.  Perhaps you can do the same as well.

• Like 1

Yes, i have to say i agree with you. On one hand, i obviously like to have a "perfect" profile, without games at very low percentages that i'm not going to play anymore ( read, Neverwinter. I was kicked by several dungeon raids because " i didn't know what to do". How one is supposed to learn if you don't let him play the game?).

On the other hand, i am aware that there might be games with excellent single players, that deserve to be played despite the online trophies.

Maybe my "retirement" from online is not going to be permanent, but for sure i'm going to play single player for a while. I'm going to (re)start the great Final Fantasy X just tomorrow. A single player classic that never gets tiresome  :D at least, to me!

I know what your trying to say but I don't think it was necessary to insult twelve year old's like you just did. We were all twelve at some point in our lives and I think we can all say that we did stupid things at that age. Their twelve, still learning right from wrong. I think you can cut them some slack.

I'm not trying to say twelve year old's (or young kids in general) get free 'insult-and-get-away-with-it' cards. They annoy me as well. But we need to be the bigger person and let kids be kids. One day, most of them will regret how they treated people when they were younger. Be patient. What goes around comes around.   

Seriously?  According to all of the stereotyping and generalizing here, that sounds exactly like something a 12 year old would say.

God forbid someone makes a joke at someone else's expense. 

How could I? 

Yes I was 12 once and yes I was retarded, I literally wouldn't have cared then if someone ripped on me for being 12 and certainly wouldn't care now if someone made a joke about me today. 

There's no need to for you two get all uppity because I'm roasting every 12 year old on the planet. 

I sound 12 huh? I'm offended. You've killed my self esteem. How will go on, knowing the man who can't detect a joke does not approve of me! 

God forbid someone makes a joke at someone else's expense. 

How could I? 

Yes I was 12 once and yes I was retarded, I literally wouldn't have cared then if someone ripped on me for being 12 and certainly wouldn't care now if someone made a joke about me today. 

There's no need to for you two get all uppity because I'm roasting every 12 year old on the planet. 

I sound 12 huh? I'm offended. You've killed my self esteem. How will go on, knowing the man who can't detect a joke does not approve of me! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhBr0lPNuuU

I have nothing against you nor do I harbor ill will. I just feel like if we don't approve of certain behaviors, we can do better. JMO of course.

• Like 1