Sony PS4: Super powered specs revealed!

shelby900

This is exciting news.....

http://gadgetshow.ch...-specs-revealed

We’ve still heard no official line on when we can expect to see a PlayStation 4 or PS4, but a new report this week gives us some juicy details on the fabled next-gen console, straight from the developers making games for it. Read on to find out just what to expect.

According to VG247’s sources, Sony has begun issuing game developers with a new version of its “Orbis” development kit, which gives some idea of what the final hardware inside the PS4 will be like. Inside, it’ll be powered by an AMD processor and graphics, and paired with a beefy 8 or 16GB of memory, and be capable of playing games in full HD 3D, at a smooth and flicker-free 60 frames per second.

Despite Sony’s purchase of cloud game streaming service Gaikai earlier this year, the new PS4 will still have a Blu-ray disc drive for games and movies, and it’ll come with 256GB of storage for your downloads and films as standard.

The current PS4 Orbis dev kit also supposedly shows off some of the software we can expect to see on the final product. That would appear to include an updated XMB interface, as well as smart multi-tasking, so that you can press the PS button on a gamepad and jump to any other app or service, then dive right back in.

The Sony PS4 is expected to be announced just before E3 next year (in June), so we’d expect to hear lots more about it before then. In the meantime, let’s; hear your thoughts in the comments below. Is this the next-gen console to go for?

This is exciting news.....

http://gadgetshow.ch...-specs-revealed

We’ve still heard no official line on when we can expect to see a PlayStation 4 or PS4, but a new report this week gives us some juicy details on the fabled next-gen console, straight from the developers making games for it. Read on to find out just what to expect.

According to VG247’s sources, Sony has begun issuing game developers with a new version of its “Orbis” development kit, which gives some idea of what the final hardware inside the PS4 will be like. Inside, it’ll be powered by an AMD processor and graphics, and paired with a beefy 8 or 16GB of memory, and be capable of playing games in full HD 3D, at a smooth and flicker-free 60 frames per second.

Despite Sony’s purchase of cloud game streaming service Gaikai earlier this year, the new PS4 will still have a Blu-ray disc drive for games and movies, and it’ll come with 256GB of storage for your downloads and films as standard.

The current PS4 Orbis dev kit also supposedly shows off some of the software we can expect to see on the final product. That would appear to include an updated XMB interface, as well as smart multi-tasking, so that you can press the PS button on a gamepad and jump to any other app or service, then dive right back in.

The Sony PS4 is expected to be announced just before E3 next year (in June), so we’d expect to hear lots more about it before then. In the meantime, let’s; hear your thoughts in the comments below. Is this the next-gen console to go for?

You beat me to it. I was going to report that new dev kits have surfaced. They kits are in PC casing, so yeah, I guess they are still working on designs. Anyway, I still do not see the next gen-releasing till sometime later 2014. Typically, systems get announced around a year before they are released, and I still don't think we are close to seeing an official announcement. Even if we see an announcement at next years E3, we are probably looking at a holiday 2014 release date. This also makes sense if developers are just getting dev kits.

Sounds like complete speculation, doesn't even mention the GPU or CPU specs.

Exactly. this is another reason that I will chock this away as simply rumors and speculation. I am sick of rumors....I have been hearing for years now that "this is the year they announce it" or it is "coming out this year". Every time the year passes and nothing is said. I am 100% positive the next-gen is being developed, but all signs seem to indicate Holiday 2014.