Titanfall 2 Trophy Discussion Thread

demonoid321

Give me a reason to hop online and actually play this game. 

Shouldn't the quality of the MP be reason enough? We have to remember something here, we trophy/achivement hunters make up a small amount of the gaming community, the vast majority of people that will return to titanfall will be playing the MP without trophies in mind at all. Most of the FPS in recent years place more focus of trophies in the campaign rather than the MP because the MP is the selling point. 

• Like 1

Shouldn't the quality of the MP be reason enough? We have to remember something here, we trophy/achivement hunters make up a small amount of the gaming community, the vast majority of people that will return to titanfall will be playing the MP without trophies in mind at all. Most of the FPS in recent years place more focus of trophies in the campaign rather than the MP because the MP is the selling point.

In theory, sure. In reality, I very rarely play something anymore just "for fun." I play games that are fun while also working towards getting trophies (or achievements).

For me, if there are no trophies to go after the odds are that I'll play something else that does have them. It's probably kind of a sad commentary on how I play, but that's what drives me. Before trophies I rarely ever even finished the story in a game, let alone spending all the time I spend with them now.

EDIT: just realized we have the exact same number of platinums and similar numbers of other trophies... were we separated at birth or something? lol

Edited by ONUOsFan
  • Like 2

I'm certainly not advocating for lame MP trophies, but I was hoping the trophies would give me reason to put a decent amount of time into the MP, trying different modes and such. We'll see what the DLC brings...

There wont be any DLCs. New Maps, Modes, Weapons and Titans are gonna be free. They will only have microtransactions for skins. While its theoretically possible to get some free DLC trophies too, its probably not gonna happen. Free additional trophies are extremely rare on full price games.

Read the comments and you have an answer: "Rent the game for one weekend, plat it and forget it" Thats not how it should work for a game like Titanfall, where the MP is the heart of the game. I mean we are not talking about some retarded and unnecessary MP like Bioshock 2, Tomb Raider, Assassins Creed, Far Cry or Arkham Origins. On games like these every single MP trophy is one too many, but Titanfall? Imho someone, who wants a Plat in this game, should need to proof himself in the games core discipline : The Multiplayer.

• Like 2

There wont be any DLCs. New Maps, Modes, Weapons and Titans are gonna be free. They will only have microtransactions for skins. While its theoretically possible to get some free DLC trophies too, its probably not gonna happen. Free additional trophies are extremely rare on full price games.

Read the comments and you have an answer: "Rent the game for one weekend, plat it and forget it" Thats not how it should work for a game like Titanfall, where the MP is the heart of the game. I mean we are not talking about some retarded and unnecessary MP like Bioshock 2, Tomb Raider, Assassins Creed, Far Cry or Arkham Origins. On games like these every single MP trophy is one too many, but Titanfall? Imho someone, who wants a Plat in this game, should need to proof himself in the games core discipline : The Multiplayer.

Make the trophies too difficult your trophy hunting crowd gets turned off and doesn't even bother to start the game, make it too easy they just might rent or even possibly buy the game and stick with it, in the latter case its still getting people to play their game. Im not saying they should have been piss easy but I'm glad they weren't as bad as some of the ones from the previous games or anything like Overwatch.

Titanfall isn't the exception to pretty straightforward MP trophies as of late, Cod and Battlefield games (excluding zombies) have had fairly easy MP trophies with just a hint of grind. I'll more than admit this is by far the easiest.

There is precedent for non-paid DLC packs having trophies, and the first Titanfall had a bunch of achievements in free title updates. I agree, though, you don't generally see tons and tons of DLC trophies without having to pay for anything.

Make the trophies too difficult your trophy hunting crowd gets turned off and doesn't even bother to start the game, make it too easy they just might rent or even possibly buy the game and stick with it, in the latter case its still getting people to play their game. Im not saying they should have been piss easy but I'm glad they weren't as bad as some of the ones from the previous games or anything like Overwatch.

Titanfall isn't the exception to pretty straightforward MP trophies as of late, Cod and Battlefield games (excluding zombies) have had fairly easy MP trophies with just a hint of grind. I'll more than admit this is by far the easiest.

I see your point. I also dont like extremely hard/grindy MP trophies. The 40k kills in Hardline were a pain in the ass. But there is also something between piss easy and extremely hard. I personally really liked the MP trophies on Crysis 2. The only bad thing was the glitchy 6 months trophy. 

Yeah but remember there are two types of hunters: They ones that enjoy and try to go for the big preys, and the ones that want to fill that 50-100 platinums quota every year and will play even those free Japanese store rhythm games.

Is the platinum pretty easy? I want the game but at the moment I want a game I can plat pretty fast, (Like 1-3 weeks of casual gaming which is like 30-35 hours per week)

I wouldn't consider the main game hard. Playing on master difficulty took me a while till I had adapted (rushed some parts too fast and died because of that) to the playstyle the game wants you to play.

The only really difficult thing is the ...becomes the master trophy(beat the training course with a time under 33.65 seconds). Got lucky with it after a few hours with a nearly perfect run for me and got a the time 33.60 seconds.

This trophy should be the breaking point between you and your shiny new platinum.

• Like 1

I wouldn't consider the main game hard. Playing on master difficulty took me a while till I had adapted (rushed some parts too fast and died because of that) to the playstyle the game wants you to play.

The only really difficult thing is the ...becomes the master trophy(beat the training course with a time under 33.65 seconds). Got lucky with it after a few hours with a nearly perfect run for me and got a the time 33.60 seconds.

This trophy should be the breaking point between you and your shiny new platinum.

Cool thanks for the quick answer buddy! :) The speedrun trophy sounds like its annoying but Im quite fond of those trophies as practice makes perfect, the hard part will probably be Master difficulty for me then. Is the campaign good or is it a typical Call of Duty / Battlefield / MP Focused shooter story? :S

Yeah, the gauntlet trophy is definitely the hardest - took me almost 7 hours to get it.

I'm about 1/3 of the way through the campaign on master and it doesn't seem like it's gonna be too hard - the game is very forgiving with checkpoints.

So far, I'm really enjoying it. Really good mix of pilot shooting, titan play and parkour.

• Like 1

Cool thanks for the quick answer buddy! :) The speedrun trophy sounds like its annoying but Im quite fond of those trophies as practice makes perfect, the hard part will probably be Master difficulty for me then. Is the campaign good or is it a typical Call of Duty / Battlefield / MP Focused shooter story? :S

The story was amazing for me. It is not the typical f*ck yeah 'merica we are so great (no offense to my fellow american users here) type of story, where patriotism is the main focus. The story focuses aroung Cooper and his titan BT and how the evolve as a team and damn they did a great job with it.

Also the setting was pretty interesting with the enemy faction, but a few questions won't be answered and you kinda know, that Respawn aims for a sequel (I hope there will be Titanfall 3).

• Like 1

As someone who got 100% of the achievements in the first game and loved every minute of it, I am seriously disappointed in this list. I'm sure they'll add some ridiculous trophies to the DLC, but how long is it going to take for that to come out? THIS IS A MULTIPLAYER-CENTRIC GAME.

I'm glad they added a campaign, but that's not why I was excited about this game. I didn't necessarily need another 200 hour grind, and like I said, I'm sure there will be harder MP stuff in the DLC, but come on. Give me a reason to hop online and actually play this game. For a game like this to put all of its trophies into a 5 hour campaign is just... stupid.

How ridiculous do you think they're gonna be?

Are they gonna be as ridiculously grindy i.e. "get 10000 kills per class" like in one of Battlefield Hardlines DLCs?  Or as absurd with riduculous requirements like Overwatch trophies?

Still on the fence about buying this game.

Edited by milanbarca82

How ridiculous do you think they're gonna be?

Are they gonna be as ridiculously grindy i.e. "get 10000 kills per class" like in one of Battlefield Hardlines DLCs? Or as absurd with riduculous requirements like Overwatch trophies?

Still on the fence about buying this game.

Hard to say. The first game had a little bit of both - getting to generation 10, all modes on all maps, and some other grindy stuff, and a couple that almost had to be boosted because they were really hard to get legit.

But, obviously they've made a major shift with the sequel, so who knows what they're gonna do now....

At least the online trophies look decent.

Don't know what collectibles I was looking for or if I have gotten anything.

The blue glowing pilot helmets are the collectibles. There's one up on a ledge towards the end of the gauntlet if you want to see what they look like (if you haven't gotten any yet).

• 2 weeks later...

I think this trophy set is great. I'm happy there aren't any trophies that require a lot of grind. However, that Becomes the Master trophy is really difficult for an older gamer. My reflexes aren't as good as they used to be and I'm only able to manage 40 seconds so far. Very challenging indeed!