never played, is it worth?

untuvakana

I bought the 4, 5, 6 bundle.

Started with 4 since Resident Evil fans seem to universally praise it.

Hated the camera, controls, moving, shooting. Everything interactive felt subtly, but unbearably, wrong.

Never made it past the first village.

Moved up to 5, finding 5 a whole lot of fun.

Thanks a lot. I think I will buy one then. I have a mindset that it's remastered and controls and graphics might be outdated so it doesn't bother me att all. I just missed the original cause I was minor back then and my mother was very strict and then I forgot all about it.

• Like 1

I can't speak for the PS4 version, but when I played it on PS3, I thought it was just "ok". The game was decent but it just didn't live up to the hype of its legacy imo. I enjoyed the PS3 version of Resident Evil: Revelations so much more where it became my favorite entry in the series.

RE4 never appealed to me, and RE5 and RE6 went further in that same direction with even more focus on action. RE4 is basically a mix between the old games and the newer ones. I guess if you like the older ones better, then do one of those like RE2 or RE3 or something, but if you like the newer stuff, maybe do something like RE5 or even RE6.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

When I played this game for the first time in PS2, I couldn't believe it was real, it was a BLAST!! Its length, tension, graphics, sound, gameplay, everything was ahead of its time, thus it received highest grades from critics and became a genre shaping game especially with its combat and camera angles. 

But a few years ago, I played it on PS3 this time, I felt it overly outdated, finished it hardly and left completing it on hard once again to my brother for me (a thing very, very rarely I do).. It is hard to play this game after Battlefield 1 for example.. But if you'll play it for the first time I guess it will carry you to the end with its story and tension. No doubt about, it's a top quality game but outdated, maybe because how bad the port is as stated somewhere above. 

PS: I still think Code Veronica is the best in the series and I utterly enjoyed its PS3 port too with that old school controller scheme ?

Edited by Darpiom
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

The PS2 version was the best one.  Controls were really good, not so tanky.  This Ps4 version the controls arent the same.  But the best one is set 1 IMO.  This is one of them rare games where you never get bored playing through it.  Probably cause there is a a bit of strategy involved.. It's not just a shooter.  There are many dimensions to the game.  It was ahead of it's time when it first came out.

Edited by Winds-of-Neptune

• 2 months later...