How does the co-op work?

I plan to start this game in the (somewhat) near future, but this one trophy got me thinking:

Two Can Tango!
Complete "All Zones Mode" while playing Co-op

I've read elsewhere that it is possible to play co-op solo by letting the other player die or something like that. Can anyone shed some light on how this mode works? I'd really like to have an idea before starting the game. Thanks!

Edited by fabmorais_2011

If I remember correctly there's a staircase in the top right corner of the main lobby. It says co-op. Make sure to have your second controller connected and stand on it. If for some reason the staircase is locked, I think you need to beat all zone mode Cadence first. Not sure about that though.

While going for the co-op trophy I strongly recommend using Bard for both players. This way you're not forced to move on the beat and can freely move through the levels.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I see, thanks! I'll probably be using my Vita in remote play as a second controller. Hope it works!

I also read that if you let your partner die he will respawn on the next level, so I hope that's true as well. :)

Save yourself the sanity. Don't try to plat this game. :devil:

It's true. If P2 dies, they will respawn on the next level. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Co-op is just all zones but with a second person with you, if you don't have a second person you can always kill the second person, then it's just a solo all zones mode. The game ends if both players die, the dead player will come back to life if the other player successfully makes it to the exit. If you want fast and easy floors you can do Dove and Bard coop thanks to Dove there are no bosses, and she spawns with peace so easier minibosses for Bard and peace despawns eight enemies, so you shouldn't see too many large groups of monsters. You don't want to play a character that has unique bosses since you still have to fight them at the end even if you have Dove with you. Only player one gets the trophy, so you will have to redo it so player two gets the trophy too. Coop Amplified is also useful if you need the "Mostly Harmless" trophy just use Eli's shove ability and shove a green slime into to player one for an easy trophy, you can't do this without Amplified since Eli's shove ability is exclusive to the Amplified DLC only.

Edited by Kimura Takahashi

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2023 at 2:00 PM, soncrashtg said:

@Kimura Takahashi

I will ask here, is online throphy still feasible or they shut down the servers?

None of the trophies are unobtainable, the game has no online either so if they do turn off the servers you can still play the game, the daily challenge trophy would be unobtainable though since there will be no server to keep resetting the daily challenges every day. It will be a while till they shut down the servers anyways since they are still updating this game on Steam, we haven't even got the new DLC on console yet.

• Like 1