Couldn't get the gun in chapter 4?

Legchomper

Hey guys I'm currently following a video for all the collectibles and all was going well until now, after the Nursery in Chapter 4 there's a gun that was collected in the video but when I tried opening the door for it, it was locked, so I tried going to main menu and continue but I was already at the beginning of Chapter 5 at that point, is that gun needed, can I go back for it if I missed it? I'm trying to get the conclusive ending. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I'm currently following a video for all the collectibles and all was going well until now, after the Nursery in Chapter 4 there's a gun that was collected in the video but when I tried opening the door for it, it was locked, so I tried going to main menu and continue but I was already at the beginning of Chapter 5 at that point, is that gun needed, can I go back for it if I missed it? I'm trying to get the conclusive ending. 

I doubt that you are still wondering, but in case anyone else stumbles upon this thread: You can't get this collectible on your first playthrough, you need to be on ng+ in order for the cabinet to be open. This also means that you don't need that specific collectible for the Self Portrait ending.

• Like 2

I doubt that you are still wondering, but in case anyone else stumbles upon this thread: You can't get this collectible on your first playthrough, you need to be on ng+ in order for the cabinet to be open. This also means that you don't need that specific collectible for the Self Portrait ending.

Yeah thanks for replying, I just hoped for the best.