IGC November 2016

thegirlruka

Anyone having trouble downloading "everybodys gone to the rapture". I get a message "This item isn't available right now. Try choosing something else". And yes all the other free games I had no problem downloading. 

Seems to be a common problem according to Sony Europe's twitter-account:

We're aware of issues with Everybody's Gone to the Rapture not being available for some users. Thanks for your patience as we investigate

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/793455988854620161

• Like 1

Anyone having trouble downloading "everybodys gone to the rapture". I get a message "This item isn't available right now. Try choosing something else". And yes all the other free games I had no problem downloading. 

If you add it to your wishlist first, then you are able to "purchase" it from there.

• Like 1

Here is a little workaround. (for the store from the PC)

Add the game to your wishlist (by selecting the little heart icon), then from your wishlist you can add the game to you shopping cart and download it anyway.

• Like 2

Seems to be a common problem according to Sony Europe's twitter-account:

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/793455988854620161

Thanks man. Seems like SONYS GONE TO THE RAPTURE

If you add it to your wishlist first, then you are able to "purchase" it from there.

Here is a little workaround. (for the store from the PC)

Add the game to your wishlist (by selecting the little heart icon), then from your wishlist you can add the game to you shopping cart and download it anyway.

Thanks guys. It worked like a charm. Wish I could gift you a platinum trophy  :D

• Like 3

Why are you surprised?

It's obvious. Developers have to compensate for lost money.

I am not suprised, just pointing out the consistency. "The plan" is clearly not effective... unless its games like Rocket League. Not even a decent amount of people are actually going to buy DLC for these irrelevant to dead old PSN games like Mad Rider, Dirt, etc. It has to be mostly AAA games or very well known games with good dlcs like Mass Effect. And even for the few who do buy the dlc starting from the game being put in the igc, its because of completionist, not because the game was actually good or they enjoyed it heavily (cough Never Alone cough).

And its a pretty flawed system where we buy dlc for rented games. The sole purpose to buy the dlc is really to get the 100%. Because, in order to come back to the game to play the dlc, you either need ps+ or to buy the full game. This is not the case with Xbox. Thus pointing out this flawed system is essential and should stop unless they focus on games that gave dlc that ppl will want or have a high chance of getting. Tossing out these subpar to passable games (which a good deal of are naturally used for their trophies anyway) with trophy packs and these StP games with added packs is a f'ed up move that is attempting to take money from trophy seekers. The overall (estimated) minority who arent trophy hunters with ps+ should be a smaller community so they're not a large enough factor to consider in this.

However im not saying to only give us games with good dlc, just to not intentionally give us these lower quality games with dlc so OFTEN (every month). Otherwise it feels like a chore, is annoying, and heightens further the constant issue.