Rafi_004

Time-Races really hard

12 posts in this topic

The races where you have to beat a time are really hard for me, I can not get a bronze...

Some tips to help?

The races where you have to beat a time are really hard for me, I can not get a bronze...

Some tips to help?

Done.

One of my gamepads had the R2 button a bit hard and I didn't push enough...  :facepalm:

Are you serious? I´m having the same problem.

Are there any strategies or setups that will help with this, I’m still so far from even getting bronze, on any of these 6 timetrials and yes I have autobrake off. Legit close to giving up an leaving this game unfinished 

Indeed these are the toughest challenges in the game.

What one must do is set the front brake to L2, throttle to R2, and set the braking to MANUAL. If you set it to auto, you cannot get a good time. Practice makes perfect, don't give up.

Also, don't be scared to use the rewinds. The game gives you like 9 of them per race

Posted (edited)

These time trials suck.

I'm stuck on the first time trial from the 1980s era Ducati bikes. To score a Gold you need a time of 1 minute 44 seconds, Bronze is 1 minute 48 seconds. There are a couple treacherous corners and either I'm having to cut them and get a penalty, or go far too slow around them.

After a hour I've managed to get a time of 1 minute 50 seconds TWICE. Going to have to look up YouTube videos for these trials.

Edited by AJ_Radio

Spaz complained non-stop about driveclub and then got the 100% done in a respectable time. I'm sure this will be the same case. 

Guess I'll just have to download this game and see what all the fuss is about. 

Posted (edited)

@AJ_Radio A man of your calibre should have no issue with this 👍

Edited by Demon--Prototype
Too many warning points apparently

The game is very easy and then the trials are basically a huge spike in difficulty. 

I changed my gears to where my bikes can accelerate faster with a lower top speed. The time trial in the 1990s era Ducati Bikes tracks wasn’t all that easy either. Really have to know how to handle the corners, and auto brake must be turned off.

Have to agree with @AJ_Radio here, guys - these time trials really are extremely unforgiving.  They're the reason why I haven't platted the game myself yet.

I got bronze on one of the 6 trials by the skin of my teeth.  For another, I've fallen short of the bronze time by a TENTH of a second.  TWICE.

The other 4 trials, I can't even get within 5 seconds of the bronze requirement time.

The other races in the game are, almost without exception, pretty easy, but these trials are far harder by comparison.