Time-Races really hard

Rafi_004

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

These time trials suck.

I'm stuck on the first time trial from the 1980s era Ducati bikes. To score a Gold you need a time of 1 minute 44 seconds, Bronze is 1 minute 48 seconds. There are a couple treacherous corners and either I'm having to cut them and get a penalty, or go far too slow around them.

After a hour I've managed to get a time of 1 minute 50 seconds TWICE. Going to have to look up YouTube videos for these trials.

Edited by AJ_Radio

The game is very easy and then the trials are basically a huge spike in difficulty. 

I changed my gears to where my bikes can accelerate faster with a lower top speed. The time trial in the 1990s era Ducati Bikes tracks wasn’t all that easy either. Really have to know how to handle the corners, and auto brake must be turned off.

Have to agree with @AJ_Radio here, guys - these time trials really are extremely unforgiving.  They're the reason why I haven't platted the game myself yet.

I got bronze on one of the 6 trials by the skin of my teeth.  For another, I've fallen short of the bronze time by a TENTH of a second.  TWICE.

The other 4 trials, I can't even get within 5 seconds of the bronze requirement time.

The other races in the game are, almost without exception, pretty easy, but these trials are far harder by comparison.

• 9 months later...

These Time Attacks can certainly be a little bit of a pain, some far more than others definitely. Some I felt almost immediately I could manage, others felt very unforgiving. I shudder to imagine if I had to go for Silver or Gold, I assume with a DualShock 4 like I am using those are near impossible (maybe with setup changes easier).

Overall racing games I have played quite a few from different devs/publishers including nearly having platinum MotoGP 15 another motorcycle racing game from Milestone, so I am not inexperienced fully but neither do I often play motorcycle racing games, rather more car racing games like F1.

I never fiddled with the bike settings and these are my Race Options changes:

Auto Brakes: Off

Anti-Wheelie: Medium

TCS: Off

I again only fiddled a little with Anti-Wheelie and TCS, maybe there is a better combo (only used these for last 4)

To get a general idea of how long these may take you (probably different for different people), I will list an estimated amount of attempts they took me (in order of how they unlock)

1st one: 1 lap

2nd one: 3 laps

3rd one: 15-22 laps

4th one: 35-45 laps

5th one: 6-10 laps

6th one: 2 laps

as you can see 3 of them I got within 3 laps. But the 3rd and especially 4th one feel incredibly unforgiving, I really did not get those until they just clicked. Basically both I was over a second + off for nearly all laps before the perfect lap.

Again these are only how long they took me. I would say overall the combo does probably feel like a 5/10 for me like the guide suggests, but I feel this would only be for someone with some prior motorcycle Videogame experience (Driveclub Bikes and MotoGP 15 for me). Without this experience for someone who is brand new to motorcycle racing games these time attacks could probably feel up to 7/10s. Good luck for anyone going for these, they are manageable, just some really frustrating.

EDIT: as Berendsapje mentioned don't be scared of using rewinds if you make mistakes, these were Integral to gaining the best lap times to pull of these Time Attacks.

Edited by Pieroluc
Correction of Setup to Race Options.
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

With all the whining about the time trials I foolishly assumed you needed to get gold on them. Playing with settings like traction control and "anti wheelie" I managed to get the first two gold with only a couple of laps each. If Imola was not so random with its penalties that one would have been faster.

But then, while I was going over my remaining trophies, I came to the conclusion that only the bronze is needed. That honestly makes this game a 1/10. One of the easiest plats I will ever get, albeit a slightly lengthy one.

For other people like me who will not put this game away until every challenge is gold:

Be sure to turn off traction control (TCS) as far as you are comfortable with. On a track like Almeria it will allow you to overdrive the back of the motorcycle to make  the front point more towards the apex of the corner. This will help on every track with long winding corners. Do not be afraid to alternate gas and brake during such corners, to get a power drift going that will turn the bike more.

On Imola, it is fine to turn TCS completely on again. There you do well to turn up the anti-wheelie option, because it makes switching direction and getting on the gas in the many chicanes a lot easier.

And in general try to focus on clean lines using every bit of the run-off where you can use it. Leave as much braking for late into the corner as you can. If that does not seem to work well, switch to a slow in fast out approach, especially when there is a long straight just after that corner.

Edit: I platted the game yesterday. My opinion has not changed: personally a 1/10 and more objectively maybe a 2/10, but that would be stretching it. People claiming it is 7/10 should probably have their controllers checked for damage.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 3