PS4 Bugs and Glitches Update as of 10/26/2016

Seskinator

Hello PSN Profiles Community,

Can anyone share how the status of this game is currently? Has Capcom released any patches or does it run fairly smoothly on PS4? 

There's a sale on the PS Store right now and I'm debating buying this game as I never played DR2 before. 

Let me know folks! Thank you! 

Also, for the coop trophies where you have to complete all cases:

Will the trophy pop for coop when you simply complete the cases in the main story? Or do you have to complete Overtime with a coop partner too? 

I can't answer the question regarding whether capcom released any patches or nah because I didn't own the PS4 version but I can answer for the coop trophies question because of my recent experience boosting the PS3 version, you only need to complete the main case, you don't have to complete OT.

• Like 2

I can't answer the question regarding whether capcom released any patches or nah because I didn't own the PS4 version but I can answer for the coop trophies question because of my recent experience boosting the PS3 version, you only need to complete the main case, you don't have to complete OT.

Thank you! :-D

i play the downloaded version on the ps4 quite a lot, some side missions DO NOT appear and some Zombrex is not available and the game just dies and you have to restart back at the last save often, i haven't played CO OP so i cannot answer that - DR2 has always been my favorite game for some reason, love the remasters on ps4

Hello PSN Profiles Community,

Can anyone share how the status of this game is currently? Has Capcom released any patches or does it run fairly smoothly on PS4? 

There's a sale on the PS Store right now and I'm debating buying this game as I never played DR2 before. 

Let me know folks! Thank you! 

The game hasn't been patched since launched, and it runs terribly. The game has bad frame rate, it's filled with bugs, and it crashes constantly. Definitely avoid the game on PS4 until these issues are fixed (assuming they ever do get fixed that is). It's not worth the hassle.

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

This game forum seems dead (and rightfully so because the game is a mess), but I will mention how the game is still a mess in 2019. Wish I read up on it before going in

- crashes when entering Yutican or arena from the strip

- game randomly makes you lose control of Chuck, you know at this point it will crash

- I swear the stick dead zones are broken so waggling the stick to get enemies off you hardly works

Finally, IDK if this was an issue with OG ver, but game balance seems off and psychopaths are broken compared to DR1

(Real shame as the DR1 runs great.) (Could there be an issue with PS4 pro boost mode and DR2?)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Aeir_ said:

I haven't had any issues with crashing or loosing control on the original PS4. 

Oh. Could be boost mode then. When I eventually attempt to a trophy cleanup, or start Off the Record, I might turn off Boost mode, or just use my launch PS4.

• 2 years later...

This game as of Jan 2022, still runs like a PoS. I dont remember having this many issues with the ps3 one.

From my experiences:

-My friend played this on ps5 and it crashed every 5 - 10 minutes for him. This could very well just be because of the "Ante Up" mission being active, but when he played on ps4, it was like once every 1-2 hours.

-When streaming my solo survivor run, the game crashed on me 5 times during my one sitting run of Hero of Fortune City.

-The frame rate is really bad, when i checked the VoDs a lot of it was buffering the pixels. It looked awful.

-Save often because the game has crashed for me and my partner and we had to redo hours of progress.

-There was one funny glitch where my partner and I fought Slappy and he got sent flying into the ceiling. When the guy died, he wound up out of bounds underground the Palisades. He had to leave and rejoin for it to be fixed cuz he couldn't leave the area.

-There were times where weapons and zombrex didnt spawn at their location. This could be cuz it was too early or the game was croaking.

-I am unsure if this was changed, but when we did the Survivor trophy and Jack's helmet, i didn't get the credit. Had to redo it solo.

-For some reason when you reload the game or end the poker game during Ante Up, Jack disappears. We had to reload multiple times or knock everyone else and hope he respawns.

-When we were grinding kills, nothing counted. Even solo, i used every gun in one playthrough and nothing. Was screwing around with an Assault Rifle and it randomly popped.

-When we were gathering all the food items, i ate everything in the game. Didnt pop. Yet, my friend popped it and we ate the same things. Played solo and redid everything and nothing. I ate a chili and it popped.

-There's probably more, but thats all i remember for now.

If you have a choice, DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME! It's a shit remaster and the only thing thats actually of higher quality are the PlayBoy posters. And maybe, Bibi's buttocks. There was a scene where 2 psychopaths cut a woman in 2 and the blood looks so fake and it barely sprays. It's more of a dripping sensation.

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...