Do not buy this game, unplayable bug festival

Thrillhelm

I made a quick twitter video for it.

https://twitter.com/Thrillkillwilly/status/791643955955896320

I downloaded the game form the German PS store (there will be a retail version available on November 4th) and basically nothing works:

- bucks and does do not appear, they spaz out, spawn or disappear randomly

- dangerous trophy animals (predators) kill you without being seen at all, with wolf, cougar and bear stacking above each other.

Two friends of mine and I contacted the developer via email, afaik they answered my friend and worry about it, trying to look into the errors.

As of now (I will write an update if anything happens), if you wanna buy the game digitally (at least in EU stores or German stores), avoid it until there is a patch.

I made a quick twitter video for it.

https://twitter.com/Thrillkillwilly/status/791643955955896320

I downloaded the game form the German PS store (there will be a retail version available on November 4th) and basically nothing works:

- bucks and does do not appear, they spaz out, spawn or disappear randomly

- dangerous trophy animals (predators) kill you without being seen at all, with wolf, cougar and bear stacking above each other.

Two friends of mine and I contacted the developer via email, afaik they answered my friend and worry about it, trying to look into the errors.

As of now (I will write an update if anything happens), if you wanna buy the game digitally (at least in EU stores or German stores), avoid it until there is a patch.

Wow. That video... How did it even pass QA,,,

It probably is the same for all the other stores. I appreciate the heads up. I was considering it, although I feel like I want to wait for a price drop/sale before anything.

Edit: I just watched that video, jesus christ. Don't dev's play these games before having them published and put up on PSN?

Edited by DuckSwimmer

It probably is the same for all the other stores. I appreciate the heads up. I was considering it, although I feel like I want to wait for a price drop/sale before anything.

Edit: I just watched that video, jesus christ. Don't dev's play these games before having them published and put up on PSN?

More importantly, how does this pass Sony's own QA process before a game is added to the store? 

Just for comparison, here is the game trailer, which shows how it should run:

Too bad this game wasn't anticipated and wasn't $60. This could've been a whole No man's Sky situation right here.  :lol:

More importantly, how does this pass Sony's own QA process before a game is added to the store? 

And you'd think Sony would be the one to drop the hammer and be like "lol no try again."  :facepalm:  Thumbs up for these "quality" games that are broken. At least it wasn't their first time.. Off topic: I'm still pissed about purchasing Wander and nobody has fixed that game at all lmao .. Hopefully the devs will care to fix this one.

Edited by DuckSwimmer

Actualisation of the problem: apparently you have to turn the language on your PS4 into English to make this game work properly. Mine is German and for some reason that caused the game to snap out like crazy. This is the official statement of a developer.

You need to have English as your chosen language on the PS4 to make this game work properly.

• 3 weeks later...

Actualisation of the problem: apparently you have to turn the language on your PS4 into English to make this game work properly. Mine is German and for some reason that caused the game to snap out like crazy. This is the official statement of a developer.

You need to have English as your chosen language on the PS4 to make this game work properly.

That's a very interesting solution.. lmao. You've had no trouble since changing it to English then, correct? Just wanted to make sure since I noticed this game is on a black friday flyer.

• 2 years later...