Ultra Rare platinum trophies that weren't that bad

HaserPL

someone listed SAO HF. that's another one that has an 8.5 difficulty rating. but is it really? i got it last time it was on sale. i want to be prepared for it at some point but not sure what to expect lol.

HF is probably one of the easiest UR providers.

It's simply 150-200 hours grindy.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Catherine was pretty easy. I love puzzles and I love the game immensely anyway. It was a pleasure to complete it.  <3

Nah mate. It really isn't. I know you're not being malicious or anything (i.e. the people who make the guides on .org who go "hey, this is really easy, at least it was for me" for Elite Campaign Legend and recommend you start on the hardest difficulty first off), but when something is impossible to complete in single player there's something wrong. Really steep learning curve and a very difficult Platinum. 

Anyway for me it was Hardware Rivals (i.e. the only Ultra Rare Platinum I have) that wasn't even initially Ultra Rare. It has apparently become more and more broken with each update so that could explain it. Glad I got it done early, I guess. Oh and the 1000 kills is REALLY boring. 

Edited by LunchCannon54
  • Like 1

Nah mate. It really isn't. I know you're not being malicious or anything (i.e. the people who make the guides on .org who go "hey, this is really easy, at least it was for me" for Elite Campaign Legend and recommend you start on the hardest difficulty first off), but when something is impossible to complete in single player there's something wrong. Really steep learning curve and a very difficult Platinum. 

If you're talking about single player axismundi, it was only impossible because of a glitch or something. I did it just fine by myself in 2p mode after a couple tries. There were MANY puzzles that stumped me of course, but because I love the game so much I just kept playing and figured it out. 

This topic is subjective anyway; there are some people who can plat a fighting game in 1-3 days flat whereas I find it impossible to do or it takes me years.

Edited by miki-iki

Isn't everything easy once you figure it out its high learning curve?.

No, I would disagree. Case in point, Bloodrayne:Betrayal, a game I am playing right now. I finally took the time to figure it out and am 3/4s finished. It is STILL hard as fuck. That game has the single hardest first level of any game I have ever played.

Oh, another great example is Vanquish, which I still have yet to beat the 6th challenge...

• Like 2

That's right. Still trying to get Catherine platinum :)

If you're talking about single player axismundi, it was only impossible because of a glitch or something. I did it just fine by myself in 2p mode after a couple tries. There were MANY puzzles that stumped me of course, but because I love the game so much I just kept playing and figured it out. 

This topic is subjective anyway; there are some people who can plat a fighting game in 1-3 days flat whereas I find it impossible to do or it takes me years.

• Like 1

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition. Much easier than Resogun only 2.71% have it. Resogun 11.76%. Maybe people like Resogun more?

I think the opposite. With the addition of the DLC being added on for the plat in Dead Nation it made it much harder. Resogun really wasn't to bad to plat.

Of my UR plats

Killzone Shadow Fall isn't hard (Bots makes MP trophies easy)

Call of Duty Ghost isn't to hard. (Barely a UR on PS4)

MOH (Boosting MP makes it easy)

AC Brotherhood (Boosting MP makes it easy)

• Like 1

I think the opposite. With the addition of the DLC being added on for the plat in Dead Nation it made it much harder. Resogun really wasn't to bad to plat.

Of my UR plats

Killzone Shadow Fall isn't hard (Bots makes MP trophies easy)

Call of Duty Ghost isn't to hard. (Barely a UR on PS4)

MOH (Boosting MP makes it easy)

AC Brotherhood (Boosting MP makes it easy)

Yeah Resogun wasn't bad but the Dead Nation dlc was easy

Yeah Resogun wasn't bad but the Dead Nation dlc was easy

Maybe for you, but for me it took me 4 days or so of trying to get to round 10. That is why I say it is harder then Resogun. I didn't struggle with anything like that on Resogun. 1cc took a few tries with a friend but that was it.

By far the easiest UR platinum I have is from Magicka 2. Nothing about the plat is anything I would call hard, and the grind is pretty tame compared to most other games I play. It's got to be one of the easiest 1% rarity platinums out there. Being a PS+ game at launch no doubt helped this, and I imagine the need for co-op partners did too. The controls take a little getting used to, but once you get it down, you're golden. If you can get a few friends together, you can bag yourself an UR plat without much effort at all.

Maybe for you, but for me it took me 4 days or so of trying to get to round 10. That is why I say it is harder then Resogun. I didn't struggle with anything like that on Resogun. 1cc took a few tries with a friend but that was it.

I heard the Resogun DLC trophy is rather difficult and highly recommended to have two players help out each other.

Styx: Master of Shadows' plat is at 2.71% on this site and it's really quite easy, especially since you can save and reload anywhere in the game if you mess something up. I think the only reason it's low at all is because it's a dedicated stealth game that was on PS+ so loads of people dropped it when they couldn't just fight their way through everything

I heard the Resogun DLC trophy is rather difficult and highly recommended to have two players help out each other.

The dlc is definitely harder then the base game. I haven't completed all the dlc. Also I did the plat and the 1cc trophy before they updated the game. I believe it is harder now if doing it in co op.