Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Trophy Thoughts

Good looking list, although Black Ops 3 didn't look too bad until you realized what a pain in the ass personal decorator was. Time will tell. I love the zombies mode though so I'm stoked for this game regardless and I plan to 100%, no matter how difficult the list ends up being.

I like the designs of some of the trophies. 50/50 with me yet again if I really want to go for the trophies in this game.

I stared at your username for 15 minutes wondering where I recognized you from before I realized we just became PSN friends the other week. Lol sorry sidebar.

On topic: I dig the varying trophy art between modes! Looking forward to next week!

Edited by Orenn16
  • Like 1

I stared at your username for 15 minutes wondering where I recognized you from before I realized we just became PSN friends the other week. Lol sorry sidebar.

On topic: I dig the varying trophy art between modes! Looking forward to next week!

That's how I found you to ask you the question for Playroom VR ^_^ But ahaha, I'm amused by this post :P Lovely coincidences.

And so I also contribute to this thread again. I do wish there were more multiplayer ones ): Not crazy tryhard ones. Getting to a certain level, prestiging once, etc.

• Like 1

It's the first time a COD game actually interests me. I think I might get this one down the line.

Based on all the story related trophies it's seems not to be a short game or am I wrong about that? What's the approximate amount of time to finish a mission?

Do you need to have played other COD's to be able to follow the story? Sorry, never played one before.

IW has said you'll be able to finish all the zombies EEs solo, so the trophies for them shouldn't be an issue for anyone who really wants to get them.

I don't personally care about Infinite Warfare and am just here out of curiosity, but that fact actually makes me glad. I really wish that Treyarch would do the same with their trophies.

Do you need to have played other COD's to be able to follow the story?

Aside from individual series sequels (Modern Warfare 1-2-3. Black Ops 1-2) the stories aren't connected, and the individual dev team's games aren't connected to each other story wise. This one might have minor references to Ghosts, but it's not a direct sequel as far as I'm aware and the story isn't a direct continuation of Ghosts. 

I don't personally care about Infinite Warfare and am just here out of curiosity, but that fact actually makes me glad. I really wish that Treyarch would do the same with their trophies.

Aside from requiring completion of the full Shadows of Evil EE for the last EE trophy in Revelations and a couple other trophies in a few of the DLC packs that require one other person you could actually do everything else by yourself.  You could earn the game's platinum solo if you didn't care about doing all the dlc. 

Why? Realistic wasn't a good difficulty mode, it just made the game more cheap by everything being near one hit death.

Well I disagree, i found it to be some of the most intense and fun I have had with a shooter in years. It made me actually think and learn the game; it made me learn enemy types, spawns, what best weapons and abilities to use in each situation, where I should best be positioned etc. instead of just running blindly shooting my way through and was very satisfying upon completion. I don't think it was cheap, I think it was very fair as you could shoot through cover, friendly AI actually did a lot of work and you had many useful abilities like invisibility and they didn't increase the enemy health either. I found it to change the game where you had to think more and be careful which is why I was hoping IW would have it.

It's the first time a COD game actually interests me. I think I might get this one down the line.

Based on all the story related trophies it's seems not to be a short game or am I wrong about that? What's the approximate amount of time to finish a mission?

Do you need to have played other COD's to be able to follow the story? Sorry, never played one before.

This is an original story, no previous knowledge required.

Myself personally it's at least 30 - 45 minutes per level/mission. Have you played any other FPS's? The trophy for completing the campaign on Veteran is still there. This being your first Call of Duty, you may have some struggles due to playing on Veteran which is considered the highest difficulty on Call of Duty. Black Ops 3 had a Realistic difficulty mode, although I doubt they'd bring it back. Depending on some missions, it may take you an hour. It really depends on the persons game experience, skill level and reaction time.

The Platinum could take you some time though because a lot of the  Call of Duties, there's typically collectibles you need to find and collect. Taking a good assumption this is the collectible trophy for this COD.

396e7612bba14b1895741c27b9c39b1f.png

The locations for these an get pretty annoying without a guide.

This game also has it's own story.

This trophy list does seem a bit different because of these trophies.

f08bc6d9d0ea49ce85f151a5f510696c.png

2d4bc3e6b0cd461b8fb173b90c3de05e.png

There's never been a Call of Duty with trophies like these. I'm taking into assumption that there will be some sort of hub or side missions could be considered challenges.. I'm leaning more towards the hub idea than anything personally, Black Ops 3 did it. Even though Treyarch &Infinity Ward are two different developers, if one comes up with a "cool" idea, they all tend to branch on it. (example.. Advanced Warfare x.x)

Edited by DuckSwimmer

Well I disagree, i found it to be some of the most intense and fun I have had with a shooter in years. It made me actually think and learn the game; it made me learn enemy types, spawns, what best weapons and abilities to use in each situation, where I should best be positioned etc. instead of just running blindly shooting my way through and was very satisfying upon completion. I don't think it was cheap, I think it was very fair as you could shoot through cover, friendly AI actually did a lot of work and you had many useful abilities like invisibility and they didn't increase the enemy health either. I found it to change the game where you had to think more and be careful which is why I was hoping IW would have it.

A lot of what you listed is why I think it was a bad difficulty. Basically the only thing you need to get through it is Thermal/FMJ on the SVG so you can sit behind cover the whole time and shoot through walls, then invisibility when you need to move out to shoot other guys who you can't shoot through cover, then hiding and waiting for invis to recharge so you can use it again. Any other strategy just turns into you getting shoot by the enemies that have 100% accuracy from nearly any distance and down you in one or two bullets. It turns some of the levels into a tedious slog because you have to sit and pick off enemies one by one so that you aren't instakilled. I don't find that fun at all, that's just tedious and frustrating. 

There's never been a Call of Duty with trophies like these. I'm taking into assumption that there will be some sort of hub or side missions could be considered challenges.. I'm leaning more towards the hub idea than anything personally, Black Ops 3 did it. Even though Treyarch &Infinity Ward are two different developers, if one comes up with a "cool" idea, they all tend to branch on it. (example.. Advanced Warfare x.x)

I'm fairly certain that's near exactly what we'll get, a hub between levels similar to what BO3 did, since they're doing the loadout thing again and you need somewhere to launch the side missions from.

Edited by Gage
  • Like 1