Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Trophy Thoughts

A lot of what you listed is why I think it was a bad difficulty. Basically the only thing you need to get through it is Thermal/FMJ on the SVG so you can sit behind cover the whole time and shoot through walls, then invisibility when you need to move out to shoot other guys who you can't shoot through cover, then hiding and waiting for invis to recharge so you can use it again. Any other strategy just turns into you getting shoot by the enemies that have 100% accuracy from nearly any distance and down you in one or two bullets. It turns some of the levels into a tedious slog because you have to sit and pick off enemies one by one so that you aren't instakilled. I don't find that fun at all, that's just tedious and frustrating.

I suppose you could look at it like that but thats not how i personally felt also you are not always just picking off enemies from the back of the map there are also boss fights and sequences where you have to adapt and move around which i find to be more intense then frustrating I like the idea that you can be killed so easily. A part of why I didn't feel frustrated was that I seemed to be making good progress I never came across any bad checkpoints and the enemy was very easy to kill I moved through the levels quite quickly, I didn't stay in one spot for too long.

Damn Zombie trophies, i would rather there be a grindy MP trophy then anything to do with this mode. If they made zombies more like Zombie Army Trilogy i could get on board, but running around aimlessly looking for bubblegum does not appeal to me. Well I probably won't plat it but at least theres MW to fall back on.

I suppose you could look at it like that but thats not how i personally felt also you are not always just picking off enemies from the back of the map there are also boss fights and sequences where you have to adapt and move around which i find to be more intense then frustrating I like the idea that you can be killed so easily. A part of why I didn't feel frustrated was that I seemed to be making good progress I never came across any bad checkpoints and the enemy was very easy to kill I moved through the levels quite quickly, I didn't stay in one spot for too long.

I understand how you feel but some of those sections didn't even allow you to utilize a  strategy and were extremely luck based. Two instances that come to mind are the water sequence where you blow up the lab and swim from sea level to surface having virtually no cover and getting shot by robots on the way to the top, and later in the game when you had to use that contraption that shot spikes in the ground during a massive firefight. I only made it out alive because of the co-op availability so at least there were others besides myself for the game to shoot at.

They used similar tactics when they (Treyarch) made WaW. They abused grenade spamming and infinite respawn a lot in that game. Blops 3 difficulty felt like their way of responding to some peoples complaints of how easy Advance Warfare was.

Yes I do realize there are a lot of haters of the new IW   :blah:   Actually I can't wait to play IW. Trophy list looks like a 4/10 difficulty. This might be the first time I play zombies in a long time cause it actually looks like a lot of fun. Been a 80' kids and that been 80's zombies theme. 

YOU KNOW NOTHING TROPHY!!!!!! :D

Anyone who has seen Game of Thrones is gonna get a kick out of that. Kit Harington (Jon Snow from the show) is the bad guy in the game. 

This trophy could potentially glitch if the Red Witch  :devil:  revives Jon again  :eyebrow:

• Like 1

Yes I do realize there are a lot of haters of the new IW   :blah:   Actually I can't wait to play IW. Trophy list looks like a 4/10 difficulty. This might be the first time I play zombies in a long time cause it actually looks like a lot of fun. Been a 80' kids and that been 80's zombies theme. 

I'm very excited for story, and decently excited for zombies. Not too happy about the MP though. At first it seemed better but after playing I quickly realized it was bad like Black Ops 3.

Edited by Zach
  • Like 1

or...or.....they could give us a trophy for Master Prestige  :gold: for MP (since I've already reach level 280 in BO3) Will that make you happy for the MP getting such a trophy :lol:  :lol:

Tbh... I suck at zombies so yeah that would be better. I always play with a PSN friend each year and he helps me get the zombies trophies. :)

• Like 1

I was on the fence for this game and pretty much decided to let the trophies be the deciding factor. These look decent, nothing too annoying. Except zombies, those look like they might be annoying but I'm hearing people say that the devs said you can get all the easter eggs by yourself. That'd be pretty cool and some videos on zombies I've watched have also said that this is a less challenging zombie mode than previous games. I'm going to give it a shot, hope zombies doesn't make me regret it!

I understand how you feel but some of those sections didn't even allow you to utilize a  strategy and were extremely luck based. Two instances that come to mind are the water sequence where you blow up the lab and swim from sea level to surface having virtually no cover and getting shot by robots on the way to the top, and later in the game when you had to use that contraption that shot spikes in the ground during a massive firefight. I only made it out alive because of the co-op availability so at least there were others besides myself for the game to shoot at.

They used similar tactics when they (Treyarch) made WaW. They abused grenade spamming and infinite respawn a lot in that game. Blops 3 difficulty felt like their way of responding to some peoples complaints of how easy Advance Warfare was.

I didn't have a problem with the swimming section (other than the mines) there weren't many robots and if you knew where they would appear you could easily shoot them before they had a chance. For the spikes with the infinite spawn yes that was difficult I was very patient on that section there was an element of luck but you could create small windows of opportunity if you used abilities effectively and found a lot of satisfaction on completion which was worth it. I completed entire game on single player so co op unnecessary but nice for people struggling. I haven't played WAW the grenade spamming does sound pretty bad if people aren't exaggerating but would rather a challenging highest difficulty than an easy one, AW was a joke at times It felt like I was playing on easy.

Aside from individual series sequels (Modern Warfare 1-2-3. Black Ops 1-2) the stories aren't connected, and the individual dev team's games aren't connected to each other story wise. This one might have minor references to Ghosts, but it's not a direct sequel as far as I'm aware and the story isn't a direct continuation of Ghosts. 

Aside from requiring completion of the full Shadows of Evil EE for the last EE trophy in Revelations and a couple other trophies in a few of the DLC packs that require one other person you could actually do everything else by yourself.  You could earn the game's platinum solo if you didn't care about doing all the dlc. 

This is an original story, no previous knowledge required.

Myself personally it's at least 30 - 45 minutes per level/mission. Have you played any other FPS's? The trophy for completing the campaign on Veteran is still there. This being your first Call of Duty, you may have some struggles due to playing on Veteran which is considered the highest difficulty on Call of Duty. Black Ops 3 had a Realistic difficulty mode, although I doubt they'd bring it back. Depending on some missions, it may take you an hour. It really depends on the persons game experience, skill level and reaction time.

The Platinum could take you some time though because a lot of the  Call of Duties, there's typically collectibles you need to find and collect. Taking a good assumption this is the collectible trophy for this COD.

396e7612bba14b1895741c27b9c39b1f.png

The locations for these an get pretty annoying without a guide.

This game also has it's own story.

This trophy list does seem a bit different because of these trophies.

f08bc6d9d0ea49ce85f151a5f510696c.png

2d4bc3e6b0cd461b8fb173b90c3de05e.png

There's never been a Call of Duty with trophies like these. I'm taking into assumption that there will be some sort of hub or side missions could be considered challenges.. I'm leaning more towards the hub idea than anything personally, Black Ops 3 did it. Even though Treyarch &Infinity Ward are two different developers, if one comes up with a "cool" idea, they all tend to branch on it. (example.. Advanced Warfare x.x)

Thanks for the info guys, it's well appreciated.

• Like 1

Who buys cod for anything other than mp the whole trophy list should be that lol blah zombies blah campaign not interested in them never have been

I know it was a rhetorical question, but I do. I liked the campaigns in the MW and BO trilogies and I really enjoyed spec ops in MW2 and MW3. I haven't bought a CoD game since AW because the stories in Ghost and AW were pretty bad and because the shift to a futuristic design is very off-putting to me. If the series ever changes to pvp only then there's no chance I'd come back to it.

Edited by kuuhaku