Will I need other "new" figures to plat this outside the starter set?

Unknown_v2_0

I have all of the previous starter sets but was wondering if this game is able to be platted with just the Imaginators starter plus the figures I already own. I think Turbo Chargers required another purchase of something in order to get gold on enough emblems for the plat. That really annoyed me. Anyways Was wondering with the new mechanics and such if the basic starter (not Crash or the dark edition) had enough in it to plat this game.

Edited by MrUnknown625

I want to say you should be able to because you at least neat a Sensei &an Imaginator Crystal (The starterpack comes with The Golden Queen, I forgot what that birds name is and a fire imaginator crystal)

With this being the only Skylander game that requires only one playthrough since you don't have to play Nightmare mode in order to get the Platinum, I would say it's a lot easier. I would have to double check though on the first level if you're able to get a three stars with no problem. I'll get back to this post in a second while I do some quick research.

Also, something to keep in mind. The more Sensei's you get, the higher your Imaginator's level can get. Obviously it's not required, but it makes the game a lot easier I would assume.

EDIT: There was a part that was false in this post. My apologizes.. I've been playing a lot of Swap Force lately and I've gotten a bit confused.

Edited by DuckSwimmer

So I'm looking at the first level. The guys only used an Imaginator &King Pen. They got everything except the Speed Run. It's definitely do-able with just the starter pack, but just depending on if you can get through a level decently fast is what it all comes down to. Also, if you want to do it with just the characters in the starter pack, the only thing is you can't suck. If your Skylander "dies" you're down one out of three characters (if you got the regular starter pack)

All of the other trophies were never a problem and definitely do-able.

Long story short, you should be able to get the Platinum. You just can't suck.

Edited by DuckSwimmer
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 10/27/2016 at 5:03 PM, DuckSwimmer said:

Long story short, you should be able to get the Platinum. You just can't suck.

Actually, pretty sure you can even suck, lol. I got the three-star trophy for doing one of the elemental sensei realms. No speed run required. Seems to be the easiest Skylanders game by far.

• 1 month later...

I platinum'd it without doing a single speed run. The 20 stars you need for that trophy are easily achieved by partly doing the other levels. 

The game needs no other characters, and hou get no in game bonuses for putting older sets pieces on the new portal. It also won't read any traps or crystals. 

The trophy that needs you to three star a single level can be done easiest on the queen sensei level, or the penguin sensei level. 

Play the whole thing on beginner, and it's the easiest skylander platinum by far.

*Edit*

Just realised that i wrote almost exactly what RNumbers wrote above

Edited by TheMightyImp2