Signature Battle VIII [RESULTS!]

DEMON

Signature Battle VIII  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favorite Pro signature:

2. 2. Vote for your favorite Novice signature:

At first I was actually quite fond of GIMP (it's what I started on... well, besides "paint"), even after I tried PS, but once I got used to it & got everything organized how I want, I haven't went back to GIMP since. I even converted all my XCFs to PSDs, & I don't even think I reinstalled it when I redid my PC last month. :P Actually, is Gimp even still being worked on? I think it was 2.8 when I first got it, & it was still 2.8 when I switched to PS. :hmm:

But... but that's the only way I know how to type in Japanese. :( I did notice in PS there's some fonts that show Japanese in the preview (don't know if it came with PS or it was already installed), but when I select it, it still comes up as English.

pDsdHFM.jpg

GIMP is freeware so obviously it isn't going to be worked on as much as Photoshop is.  I feel like it's a bit more limited to resources too.  So obviously, if you want an easier time doing signatures, you will quickly drop GIMP once you get the grasp of Photoshop (I find PS easier to use too, but then I had originally started on PS).

You can change your keyboard's language to Japanese.  But if you don't want to do that, I suggest sticking with names of series/characters (which you can easily find off Wikias).

Also, Masamune, question.. do you always have your text set on Crisp?

Man I am late but anyway.. Congrats DEMON! I did a bit of backreading and that was an intense tie breaker. I was kinda busy so I wasn't able to throw a vote, end result would have been the same lol since I was going to vote for yours.

Oh and congrats also to ruffedgz

Yea, was a good battle RaveN, lets hope we get to have an Elite battle sometime. :)

We're both to kind of blame for this tie in the first place.. if people took notice of who voted where, they would have seen we voted for each other. xD

Edited by DEMON

4th place for my first pro event on here? Not too shabby if I say so myself.

The hard part was the render, I really can't focus on multiple focal points. I was almost tempted to render out Sora and leave Riku somewhere on the background as a highlight, but I'd have been DQ'd probably.

• Like 1

4th place for my first pro event on here? Not too shabby if I say so myself.

The hard part was the render, I really can't focus on multiple focal points. I was almost tempted to render out Sora and leave Riku somewhere on the background as a highlight, but I'd have been DQ'd probably.

You can edit the render as much as you want.  So long as you used it.

That wasn't what I meant, I meant just don't use one that's so obviously a pre-installed font, install something that looks a bit more premium like GoBold.  It's basic so it allows you to add fancy text along with it.

And don't worry about it too much.  I never once used blur when I was new to signatures either. :P

Ok, I'll take a look at GoBold. 

I started using blur in sigs in the previous Sig Battle :lol:.

You can always translate Dragon language into Japanese. :P

There's trophies in Signature Battle? Who thought up the shit requirement that you need GIMP for the platinum trophy? Fuck this game.

That's a great idea admire-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286248.

Yep, it's a game called "life" :awesome:.

• Like 1

Congrats Demon on the Pro win, was away this weekend so didnt have access to a computer to vote but would have voted for that one as well during the tie breaker.

Congrats to the novice participants on their entries as a lot of them were really well done.

• Like 1

How was the vacation?

The adventure was triumphant, if you stay at the kings landing resort you can kick it at the Hilton too.

Taking a break from swimming, hammock status

1ABVxMT.png?1

kicked it with family, lots of good foods, drove to tropic and dry locations, kona is pretty dope

My camera was going clicking crazy

Scuba Diving with the manta rays at night was a trip :blink:

Brought the Ps vita to jam toooo :D

A8zFdwb.png?1

Edited by Behemoth Balls
  • Like 3

The adventure was triumphant, if you stay at the kings landing resort you can kick it at the Hilton too.

Taking a break from swimming, hammock status

1ABVxMT.png?1

kicked it with family, lots of good foods, drove to tropic and dry locations, kona is pretty dope

My camera was going clicking crazy

Scuba Diving with the manta rays at night was a trip :blink:

Brought the Ps vita to jam toooo :D

A8zFdwb.png?1

That sounds awesome :yay:.

Lol, did you actually get a chance to play?

• Like 2