EDIT: Servers now back up again (Original shutdown was supposed to be 4th Dec 2016)

PlanetSurvival

The 3 Arkham games together are currently €12 in the store.

I only played through Asylum a little bit. Should I just buy City for €7,50 and skip Origins, or?

Arkham Asylum is amazing, Arkham City is great and Arkham Origins is great too. If you love Batman, comics, movies and its lore - each of those games are worth playing. Problem is that they all have a very similar gameplay, so it is best to make breaks between each game. :) Origins is great part of this trilogy, tells great origin story, but gameplay is very similar to Arkham City.

You should:

- Read Road to Arkham comic book

- Play Arkham Asylum game

- Read Arkham City prequel comic book (5 Issues)

- Play Arkham City game

- Read Arkham City comic book - exclusive digital chapter (7 issues)

- Play Arkham City Harleys Quinn revenge DLC

- Read Arkham City comic book Endgame (6 issues)

- Read Arkham City comic book Unhinged

- Read Arkham Origins prequel comic book

- Play Arkham Origins game

- Play Arkham Origins Blackgate game

And then go to Arkham Knight comic / game / dlc

Hope it helps :)

I also recommend to read Killing Joke, The Man who Laughs, The Long Halloween, Year One comic books before playing, you will thank me later :)

Edited by Kristmas2
  • Like 1

Arkham Asylum is amazing, Arkham City is great and Arkham Origins is great too. If you love Batman, comics, movies and its lore - each of those games are worth playing. Problem is that they all have a very similar gameplay, so it is best to make breaks between each game. :) Origins is great part of this trilogy, tells great origin story, but gameplay is very similar to Arkham City.

You should:

- Read Road to Arkham comic book

- Play Arkham Asylum game

- Read Arkham City prequel comic book (5 Issues)

- Play Arkham City game

- Read Arkham City comic book - exclusive digital chapter (7 issues)

- Play Arkham City Harleys Quinn revenge DLC

- Read Arkham City comic book Endgame (6 issues)

- Read Arkham City comic book Unhinged

- Read Arkham Origins prequel comic book

- Play Arkham Origins game

- Play Arkham Origins Blackgate game

And then go to Arkham Knight comic / game / dlc

Hope it helps :)

I also recommend to read Killing Joke, The Man who Laughs, The Long Halloween, Year One comic books before playing, you will thank me later :)

Thank you so much for an in-depth explanation! I'm currently still playing Asylum, I'll think I'll buy the other 2 separately once I'm done with Asylum. I do really love the lore, but I've never read any comics though haha.

Shame on me :P

PS: I might look into getting the comics! :D

Edited by Glaciphy

Thankfully the online trophies can be done in Private. In the 20 or so attempts I made trying to access Public Servers I think I got into a match twice and then got disconnected.

The MP wasn't a bad idea but it was poorly implemented and should never have been more than an idea. The single player campaign was mostly enjoyable aside from a few glitches, none of them game breaking. The batarang though, switching buttons because that's how the x-box was, no, no no.

It's a good game, it's just its predecessor did everything better.

• Like 1

For the love of god people.... COMMUNICATE! 

Say what you need when you go into a match with boosters.  Let them know what you're working on (paragon or the 4kill)...

So many sessions wasted due to people not saying a word, or people trying to both kill... so frustrating. 

I spent 6 hours on a trophy that should have taken 10 minutes if people had any common sense. 

Hey Darkb1ke if you need help, let me know. I got two copies of the game and two PS3s. I'm done with the multiplayer trophies as well. I should be on later this week but fighting off the worse seasonal allergy/sinus infection imaginable. I should get a real life piece of Platinum for this stupid flu/cold thing.

Oh yeah, and I echo your sentiments. People freakin' say something when you're boosting anything.

Hi I recently ordered Batman Arkham Origins and just realized that the server is ending next month on December 4th. Hopefully the game arrives around late next week and will eventually get the online trophies done on time. Thanks for the info!

Edited by fantrig99

Hey Darkb1ke if you need help, let me know. I got two copies of the game and two PS3s. I'm done with the multiplayer trophies as well. I should be on later this week but fighting off the worse seasonal allergy/sinus infection imaginable. I should get a real life piece of Platinum for this stupid flu/cold thing.

Oh yeah, and I echo your sentiments. People freakin' say something when you're boosting anything.

Thanks for the offer but I am done this game already. 

Is challenge mode online too (or at least needs PSN)? I keep reading about "Ranked Maps" and I have no clue if I have to be on a leaderboard or something?

No, if you're signed online, then your times and scores for the challenge maps are submitted for the leaderboard to compare against others, but its optional.  You can still play them offline for the trophies.  The trophies are unlocked just for completing them and has nothing to do with the leaderboard or submission of scores.

• Like 1

2 bronze trophies at that.

I guess there is no reason to assume that they will delist the DLC at the same time the servers expire but I bought the Cold Cold Heart DLC just to be safe. I would like to 100% all the Batman Arkham titles eventually. After Origins would be a good time to clean up my last stragglers in City while my bat senses are still honed. :lol:

• Like 1

But 7€ for a DLC of 2 trophies? No thanks. I'll probably wait for the season pass to be on sale and try to do it legit anyway.

If you're arguing cost vs trophy ratio, then its probably a bit expensive.  However, cost vs time to completion ratio, it's not bad.  I'd say in that regard, there's many DLC's more expensive.  The time to complete all 24 levels will take the average person about 6 - 12 hours of game time or more, even if you use youtube videos to find the answers.  There's also extras in the DLC not trophy related you can do as well.

No, if you're signed online, then your times and scores for the challenge maps are submitted for the leaderboard to compare against others, but its optional.  You can still play them offline for the trophies.  The trophies are unlocked just for completing them and has nothing to do with the leaderboard or submission of scores.

Sweet. Thanks! :)

2 bronze trophies at that.

I guess there is no reason to assume that they will delist the DLC at the same time the servers expire but I bought the Cold Cold Heart DLC just to be safe. I would like to 100% all the Batman Arkham titles eventually. After Origins would be a good time to clean up my last stragglers in City while my bat senses are still honed. :lol:

Then if you bought Return to Arkham, you get to do that shit all over again.