No matchmaking, post to the linked thread to show interest

BlackJudas

Hey guys,

I suppose I'm asking for the power of the internet here; and am looking for support from all you.  I would like for you to post a "Me Too!" sort of response to get some momentum from the Activision people in the thread I've created.  I have marked the post as a support request so it'll trigger their support department to at least see it.

Here's the link

Thanks for your support!

• Like 1

Don't think they have the license for 007 games anymore, as per this post.

February 2011 Blood Stone developer Bizarre Creations is shut down.
December 2012 Legends developer Eurocom is shut down.
January 2013 Activision loses the James Bond license and pulls all the games from online stores.

There is no party in existence to upkeep, make money from, indeed to legally handle these games. The franchise and Activision's support on it has been lost for many years.

It's a lost cause, just like Bloodstone. Nothing's gonna happen, mate

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I suppose I'm asking for the power of the internet here; and am looking for support from all you.  I would like for you to post a "Me Too!" sort of response to get some momentum from the Activision people in the thread I've created.  I have marked the post as a support request so it'll trigger their support department to at least see it.

Here's the link

Thanks for your support!

Like others have said, they don't have the license anymore so there is absolutely nothing they can do. Activision doesn't care about their forums anyways. I am not sure if they even look at them outside of their COD games. Go to the GH Live section, simple questions have never been answered. It is a mess.

Edited by skateak

I'm already aware of the status of the studios, and I can assume by the attitudes taken here that you didn't even bother reading my post.  Simply rebooting a machine that's responsible for matchmaking wouldn't violate having a license available or not.  I simply wish that the energy you wasted telling me something I already knew were better focused and simply posted a reply to my original one.  An attitude such as yours will ensure something like this stays broken.

I have previously asked on two different occasions for an 8 year old games' servers to be looked at and each time.... guess what?  They came back online...

So however little... there is hope that someone who cares may actually do something like pressing a reset button...

• Like 1

The intent is to bring it to their attention is it not?  At my everyday job, I am involved with small and large data centers, sometimes things go down and unnoticed for months.  I'm making the assumption that it's exactly what happened to QoS's matchmaking service.  Frankly I'm confused by your skepticism.  Your response reminds me why a large platform with so many people really feels like it brings out the lowest common denominator.

Ugh.

PS. BFBC is what went down.  There's your BS.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

What are the 8 year games that came back? Sounds like BS to me. If what you are saying about being easy to reboot, you wouldn't need so many people to do it. If it was that easy, it would already be done by now.

EU servers came back online after being offline for 9 months for Warhawk. That's a 10 year old game.

To the OP, that petition isn't going to get the attention of anyone. You need to hit them up on twitter. Devs pay closer attention to twitter than anything now-a-days. It's worked for Motorstorm Apocalypse as well as Warhawk.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

BlackJudas is correct.  It was his actions that brought attention to EA to restore servers for BFBC.  They didn't even know they were down! 

The only reason something was done was because many players hit the "me too" button showing a concern and reason for them to restore the server.

I don't think it's that hard to show support for something and at least TRY to make change happen instead of giving up.

It's worth a shot even if it's not possible, no?

• 2 years later...