Let's Platinum... World of Final Fantasy

I'm at chapter 8 now. I feel like I'm wasting too much time on constantly unlocking new abilities and metamorphoses on the mirageboard. I guess many mirages I'm getting via metamorphose right now might also be catchable in a later dungeon? But oh well, it certainly is fun. :D I also unlocked the colloseum and the room of the nameless girl now and I'm starting to get an idea just how much this game has to offer. Yes, platinum will surely take a while. :P

• Like 1

So what stacks is everyone using?

Do you prefer Lilikin or Jiant form?

Myself I'm using Reynn with a Dualizard and Chocochick, and Lann with a Cockatrice and Fritt.

Since I'm so early in the game I don't have any large mirages to stack Lilikin forms on, so I don't use those currently, although I do prefer them.

Edited by Asvinia

Myself I'm using Reynn with a Dualizard and Chocochick, and Lann with a Cockatrice and Fritt.

Since I'm so early in the game I don't have any large mirages to stack Lilikin forms on, so I don't use those currently, although I do prefer them.

I don't really have a preference over form, but the Lilikin are cuter.

I tend to use NikNak and Sylph pretty regularly. I enjoy my Mega Sharqual and Behemoth though. I'm still constantly flopping who I'm using. I want a good balance of strong and cute in my mirages.

Throw me in.  I am loving the game so far on my lovely little handheld.  The voice acting, imo, is pretty good too

Count me in :-). I already played about 12 hours :-)

I'm in after I'm done with the Destiny(Raid), BattleField 1(Story), and Skyrim Remastered(100%). I pre-ordered this one but it is on the back burner.

I put you all in. Welcome to the thread! ^_^

Anyone thinking about how close this will be to FFXV and KH3 when they come out? Unreal Engine looks awesome. ^_^

Grinding on the Flan Princess / Malboro Menace stack right now - it gives 80800 EXP and 945 girl if you DO NOT IMPRISON THEM! If you imprison either of them, the encounter doesn't show up again.

I'm at chapter 8 now. I feel like I'm wasting too much time on constantly unlocking new abilities and metamorphoses on the mirageboard. I guess many mirages I'm getting via metamorphose right now might also be catchable in a later dungeon? But oh well, it certainly is fun. :D I also unlocked the colloseum and the room of the nameless girl now and I'm starting to get an idea just how much this game has to offer. Yes, platinum will surely take a while. :P

You're doing great. I wouldn't recommend imprisoning the later forms as they are weaker than the ones you transmogrify because as you unlock Mirage Board slots and get boosts to your stats. You can go back and unlock the earlier form abilities and you'll have to unlock everything in a Mirage Board 100 times anyways for a trophy so you might as well transmog every Mirage you come across. That's what I plan to do when I get the Vita version - even if they do share a trophy list, I plan to start the Vita version from the beginning(skipping cutscenes to speed things up) and spend time grinding for SP to master Mirage Boards of the early Mirages I get. :)

Edited by DetectiveCJ

Sure, you can join. Welcome to the thread! ^_^

And glad to know there are no missable trophies.

Thank you. I gotta say the grind would be a lot more easier if only these chest left unlocked locations on the map, running through dungeons a second time to double check for any missable ones is starting to become a task itself.
  • Like 1

Visually I prefer Jiant forms, but in battle I love my Lilikin stacks. Lann rides a Behemoth and has Tama on his head and Reynn rides Efreet and is accompanied by a Moogle.

I'm 13hours into the game now, just reached the Swamp area with Snow. Ran into the Morbol/ Flan Princess stack and was utterly destroyed. :P Well, curiosity kills the cat, that's why I already died several times when attacking monsters in secret areas. :P My Mirapedia has 32% of its entries, most of them are catched/ transfigured. No miraboard mastery yet though. But I'm feeling like my progress is quite good so far. :)

I'm currently on the last chapter, and i still have the impression that i miss a lot of stuff in this game.

- Sometimes on a sphere grid, i can 'unlock another sphere grid". I don't really understand what that means? Does it enable something for another monster?

- What is the exact purpose of the ship on the world map? I already finished two "black box" (i don't know how to call them in english) that i found on the map, but is there something else to do from there?

- Is there a way to know if i opened all the chest from a specific map? As a trophy asks us to open every chest in the game.

- Are there some really powerfull monster that i can capture? I have the impression that what i capture is always pretty much the same strength. 

and finally, ATTENTION SPOILERS:

is there a way to not be killed by Zantetsuken?

- Is there a way to know if i opened all the chest from a specific map? As a trophy asks us to open every chest in the game.

This is the only question I can answer... and the answer is, unfortunately, no, there is no ingame indicator if you opened all chests or how many there are in an area. A lot of searching/ backtracking has to be done here...

I'm currently on the last chapter, and i still have the impression that i miss a lot of stuff in this game.

- Sometimes on a sphere grid, i can 'unlock another sphere grid". I don't really understand what that means? Does it enable something for another monster?

It means that you can unlock another monster of the same species.

For example, I caught a white Nakk and I chose the "unlock another sphere grid" option. Turns out my white Nakk became a black Nakk.

Already at Chapter 21 and completing Intervention Quests but sadly underleveled. Got all of the mini-game trophies and the Never Give Up The Ghost trophy.

Holy Arceus on a pogo stick! The Superultima Weapon is impossible and so is that Omega God I got from the quest involving Enna Kros!

Tomorrow my bank account will be glutted out with the November Social Security check. I plan on taking a little to buy some Playstation cards to download the Vita version, though I may have to glut more room on my SD card to make room for it.

For everyone who's trying the track the chests opened, I found this list posted by someone on gamefaqs:

Wellspring Woods: 2 chests
Cornelia: 2 chests
Nether Nebula: 9 chests
The Watchplains: 9 chests
Pyreglow Forest: 8 chests
Icicle Ridge: 8 chests (plus 1 in the inn - the rename prism)
Saronia Harbor: 2 chests
Saronia Docks: 17 chests
The Dragon Scars: 17 chests
Valley Seven: 8 chests
The Windswept Mire: 4 chests
Desert Region, Caravan, & The Phantom Sands: 8 chests
Underground Prison: 17 chests
Mako Reactor 0: 7 chests
Big Bridge: 8 chests
Eclipsed Region and the Tometown of the Ancients: 1 chest
The Train Graveyard: 19 chests
Eclipsed Region Train Station, Besaid Region, And Port Besaid: 3 chests
The Sunken Temple: 14 chests
The Crystal Tower: 10 chests
The Chainroad: 5 chests
Castle Exnine: 27 chests
EX Dungeon A: 9 chests
EX Dungeon B: 10 chests
EX Dungeon C: 14 chests
EX Dungeon Z: 1 chest
Airship: 1 chest

The list shows how many chests can be found in an area, not any exact locations. But it's still helpful. :) I don't know if the list is correct though, but I will use it for now. :)

• Like 1

It means that you can unlock another monster of the same species.

For example, I caught a white Nakk and I chose the "unlock another sphere grid" option. Turns out my white Nakk became a black Nakk.

I finally just started doing this yesterday. Ohhh man, look at my guys now.

I now have a suped out Moogle. I took the one from the preorder Coliseum, but was disappointed with how few nodes it had. Messed around a bit with the Prism Case then found I could open the other boards. Watch out, my moogle (named Google) will mess. you. up. 

Great to know. I am planning on playing the Vita version (when my local store opens up for the day) and starting a new game on it, and I will be focusing mostly on mastering each and every low-rank Mirage instead of trying to imprison later forms, since it's like Pokemon - if you catch a weak unevolved Pokemon at the start and evolve it, it becomes much stronger than merely catching the evolved form. :pimp:

So I plan on mastering the Chocochick the game makes you imprison first to unlock its boards, then some of the Nether Nebula Mirages. Once I get Flutter(from a Floating Eye) and Smash(by transfiguring a Copper Gnome into a Mythril Giant) I plan on visiting the secret area of the Nebula and camping there until I get all the Mirages I have to master their Mirage Boards, even if I'm there forever. By that time, Lann and Reynn will be Level 50 and all boss fights will be a joke up to the Crystal Tower. :)

Edited by DetectiveCJ

Great to know. I am planning on playing the Vita version (when my local store opens up for the day) and starting a new game on it, and I will be focusing mostly on mastering each and every low-rank Mirage instead of trying to imprison later forms, since it's like Pokemon - if you catch a weak unevolved Pokemon at the start and evolve it, it becomes much stronger than merely catching the evolved form. :pimp:

So I plan on mastering the Chocochick the game makes you imprison first to unlock its boards, then some of the Nether Nebula Mirages. Once I get Flutter(from a Floating Eye) and Smash(by transfiguring a Copper Gnome into a Mythril Giant) I plan on visiting the secret area of the Nebula and camping there until I get all the Mirages I have to master their Mirage Boards, even if I'm there forever. By that time, Lann and Reynn will be Level 50 and all boss fights will be a joke up to the Crystal Tower. :)

The nice thing about this game is that you can back-evolve, so to speak. If you missed on a smaller form but find the larger, you can always go backwards once you master the large board (or sooner).

For everyone who's trying the track the chests opened, I found this list posted by someone on gamefaqs:

Wellspring Woods: 2 chests

Cornelia: 2 chests

Nether Nebula: 9 chests

The Watchplains: 9 chests

Pyreglow Forest: 8 chests

Icicle Ridge: 8 chests (plus 1 in the inn - the rename prism)

Saronia Harbor: 2 chests

Saronia Docks: 17 chests

The Dragon Scars: 17 chests

Valley Seven: 8 chests

The Windswept Mire: 4 chests

Desert Region, Caravan, & The Phantom Sands: 8 chests

Underground Prison: 17 chests

Mako Reactor 0: 7 chests

Big Bridge: 8 chests

Eclipsed Region and the Tometown of the Ancients: 1 chest

The Train Graveyard: 19 chests

Eclipsed Region Train Station, Besaid Region, And Port Besaid: 3 chests

The Sunken Temple: 14 chests

The Crystal Tower: 10 chests

The Chainroad: 5 chests

Castle Exnine: 27 chests

EX Dungeon A: 9 chests

EX Dungeon B: 10 chests

EX Dungeon C: 14 chests

EX Dungeon Z: 1 chest

Airship: 1 chest

The list shows how many chests can be found in an area, not any exact locations. But it's still helpful. :) I don't know if the list is correct though, but I will use it for now. :)

Brilliant! This is exactly what we needed!

Knowing that you don't need to backtrack to previous location is more than sufficient :D Finding the chests yourself is more rewarding anyway =D

This should be linked/copied to the OP.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

I've put up for publication a guide on how to gain lots of EXP early on. Waiting for the remarks. Once I get that up, I'll work on the trophy guide for this game.

Also bought the LAST PHYSICAL COPY of WoFF for the Vita at GameStop. Picked up Type-0 too since I am getting more serious about Final Fantasy platinums and the official trophy guide on Playstationtrophies.org says that this game is the easiest platinum to get in the series.

EDIT: Guide got rejected because of minor things, like not giving details or links to the creators of the videos. Once I figure out some more info, I'll resubmit a revised guide. If anyone is impatient, I can create a quick guide on my blog.

Edited by DetectiveCJ

Also bought the LAST PHYSICAL COPY of WoFF for the Vita at GameStop. Picked up Type-0 too since I am getting more serious about Final Fantasy platinums and the official trophy guide on Playstationtrophies.org says that this game is the easiest platinum to get in the series.

FF-0 is a joke in terms of Plat, you can get it in a few days depending on tags glitch.

But the game is fantastic. Definitely recommendable.

Brilliant! This is exactly what we needed!

Knowing that you don't need to backtrack to previous location is more than sufficient :D Finding the chests yourself is more rewarding anyway =D

This should be linked/copied to the OP.

Here is an improved list from the same guy.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/168651-world-of-final-fantasy/74496519/864988246