DetectiveCJ

Let's Platinum... World of Final Fantasy

225 posts in this topic

I'm feeling like I'm making progress in this game pretty fast. I'm at 22 hours, I think chapter 17. My Mirapedia has 55% mirages, and I'm always keeping up with transfigurations, so I have close to every mirage that is available for me at the moment. For many mirages, where I still need to find a memory to further transfigurate them, are also already leveled. I also always kept up with all colloseum and intervention battles I can do at the moment, and I also already started backtracking and looking for chests/ secret areas, to keep the grind lower in the endgame-phase. In terms of gameplay, this game keeps giving and giving, it's so much fun! :D In terms of story, I personally think the story is pretty mediocre so far, but maybe it will get better towards the ending. :) The only thing that feels like it'll be a real heavy grind are the miraboard masteries, as I don't have a single mastery yet!

FF-0 is a joke in terms of Plat, you can get it in a few days depending on tags glitch.

But the game is fantastic. Definitely recommendable.

Truth. I didn't feel like I had really earned the plat for FF-0 in terms of Final Fantasy plats. I want to play through it again. I felt like I kind of breezed through it the first time. That ending tho. 

Little (and probably stupid) question : where can you check the Mirapedia? Maybe it's another name in my version but I still can't put my finger on it.

I got my first key yesterday and so far so good but I found myself in the same situation as any pokemon game : I'm still using the first mirages I caught (Nakk, Mythril Giant, Tama, Behemot, basically) with a few quick changes when I need a specific skill to catch one more mirage.

Edit : Flan Princess is not a nice lady.

Edited by Myu

I'll be playing Type-0 most of the day tomorrow for Extra Life's Game Day. If you want to check out my page and maybe make a donation, I'd appreciate it. :) The link to my Extra Life page is in the description.

Little (and probably stupid) question : where can you check the Mirapedia? Maybe it's another name in my version but I still can't put my finger on it.

I got my first key yesterday and so far so good but I found myself in the same situation as any pokemon game : I'm still using the first mirages I caught (Nakk, Mythril Giant, Tama, Behemot, basically) with a few quick changes when I need a specific skill to catch one more mirage.

(1) It's called the Mirage Manual in English and you can check it in the Twins' Room in Nine Wood Hills. Go to the window and examine the thing on the sill. It will show you options for Who's Who, Mirage Manual and, once you get all the keys and unlock certain Interventions, Minigames.

(2) Don't sweat the details. The good thing about Pokemon is that you can win with your favorites. If your stacks have great stats and abilities, you shouldn't get frustrated about having a standard.

(3) Yep, the Flan Princess fight is no fun - even at Level 50, my stacks kept getting hit with Dance With Me's Berserk status that prevents me from using moves and if Malboro Menace spams Putrid Breath, well, it's Game Over. (Anyone know a good Mirajewel that resists Doom or Berserk? :( )

Edited by DetectiveCJ

Go back to the Twins' Room to view the Mirapedia.

You can put me down for this please, I picked it up a couple of days ago for the Vita while I was out looking for used games. This is the first new release game I bought in I can't remember how long :lol: It's funny that the day one exclusive coupon expires Oct 25th, 2026 that's just sooo far out there!

You can put me down for this please, I picked it up a couple of days ago for the Vita while I was out looking for used games. This is the first new release game I bought in I can't remember how long :lol: It's funny that the day one exclusive coupon expires Oct 25th, 2026 that's just sooo far out there!

I don't know what you're talking about. I got Day One Editions for both the PS4 and Vita versions at Gamestop days after the release.

Anyways, welcome to the thread, I'm adding you now.

Thanks for adding me. I was just talking about the expiry date on the download code for the DLC. In the game case there is a card with a code on it to download the DLC, the card says the code expires 10/25/2016 which struck me as funny because I couldn't imagine letting this game linger around for a decade before I bothered to play it. I've got a backlog of games but it's not that crazy! Sorry for wording that poorly. Anyways I downloaded everything and started playing and it's good stuff, I'll probably make this my 50th plat.

I don't know what you're talking about. I got Day One Editions for both the PS4 and Vita versions at Gamestop days after the release.

You didn't check DLC coupon's expiry date? :P

Lol, that's quite generous from SE. Usually coupons expire in a year =D

I'll be playing Type-0 most of the day tomorrow for Extra Life's Game Day. If you want to check out my page and maybe make a donation, I'd appreciate it. :) The link to my Extra Life page is in the description.

(1) It's called the Mirage Manual in English and you can check it in the Twins' Room in Nine Wood Hills. Go to the window and examine the thing on the sill. It will show you options for Who's Who, Mirage Manual and, once you get all the keys and unlock certain Interventions, Minigames.

(2) Don't sweat the details. The good thing about Pokemon is that you can win with your favorites. If your stacks have great stats and abilities, you shouldn't get frustrated about having a standard.

(3) Yep, the Flan Princess fight is no fun - even at Level 50, my stacks kept getting hit with Dance With Me's Berserk status that prevents me from using moves and if Malboro Menace spams Putrid Breath, well, it's Game Over. (Anyone know a good Mirajewel that resists Doom or Berserk? :( )

Go back to the Twins' Room to view the Mirapedia.

Thank you! I had not visited the twins' room since the beginning of the game :D

Sign me up. Currently playing and it's been brilliant so far!

Sign me up. Currently playing and it's been brilliant so far!

Added. Welcome to the thread!

OMG what's going on?! The boss of the true ending is nuts! His attack speed is so fast! And he hits me with debuffs like crazy!! I can barely keep up on healing, yet alone even hurting him. I got through this game pretty good without major grinding and I'm level 60 now... but I guess I gotta grind some levels!

Edited by ShadowStefan

OMG what's going on?! The boss of the true ending is nuts! His attack speed is so fast! And he hits me with debuffs like crazy!! I can barely keep up on healing, yet alone even hurting him. I got through this game pretty good without major grinding and I'm level 60 now... but I guess I gotta grind some levels!

Thanks for warning me in advance.

Brandelis's clone was horrible - he kept spamming Dispelga to remove all my buffs.

I managed to beat that overly hard endboss at Lv. 65 and with the use of many many elixirs. Good thing they're not so rare in this game. :P My mirage manual shows 92% mirages, I completed all intervention battles and all quests of townspeople. Minigames and murkrifts are also done. It took me a while to find the last murkrifts:

You can actually search for some murkrifts on the world map with your airship! This is also where you can find all three baby versions of Ramuh, Shiva and Efreet easily.

Now I have "only" 3 more tasks in front of me: Beating the Ex Dungeons including their chests, getting the last missing mirages in the coliseum and complete around 80 more mirage boards. The Ex Dungeons and the last battles in the coliseum are really tough though. I'm at level 70 now and one single normal battle in the first Ex Dungeon can already bring me close to death! The spike in difficulty is real towards endgame!

Btw. I'm at 50 hours now. I think my playtime when reaching platinum might be at 70-80 hours. We'll see. :)

Edited by ShadowStefan

I took on Omega God before it was really favorable for me. That took too long haha Also, had to bring the teams back like three times each. Thank goodness for lightning stones.

Put in another 3 hours this evening taking me to chapter 11. 10% trophies > 11%. Love the subtle/not so subtle references to FF games, the humour and the gameplay. Wondering if I should get on vita from cross play.

Did anyone besides me read the Intervention quest "I Hate Lightning!" and assume that it would involve our favorite pink-haired girl being attacked by someone with a vendetta against her instead of Rikku(why they decided to use FFX Yuna and FFX-2 Rikku is weird, but I guess Grymoire flips the bird to FF canon, ha ha ha xD) getting spooked by a Mimic Queen using Thundara. (And why is this game's Rikku scared of lightning? She's based off the FFX-2 Rikku, who conquered her astrapophobia[i looked it up, means fear of thunder and lightning]; again, I guess Grymoire doesn't give a dang. :P)

More. Flan. Princess. Grinding. Ugh. :holy:

Edited by DetectiveCJ

Put in another 3 hours this evening taking me to chapter 11. 10% trophies > 11%. Love the subtle/not so subtle references to FF games, the humour and the gameplay. Wondering if I should get on vita from cross play.

There's also subtle references to Kingdom Hearts. Check out the hearts that the princesses rock. :)

Edit: My keyboard on my phone doesn't believe in autocorrect in these forums.

Edited by KiraxKira

Congrats Trini!

How long did it take you and how would you rate the difficulty for this plat? :)

People must have thought I was a little bit on the crazy side when I started laughing at a not-so-subtle sexual reference in one of the myrages' description. I don't know what the translators were smoking but it must have been good.

Just got the platinum 

True Grymoirian

1L7b3d36.png

Thanks for letting me join once again and good luck to everyone and their plat hunt. If anyone may need assistance just shoot me a pm and I'll do my best to help out  :D

Woohoo! Congrats on being the first to plat this game! I'll move your name into the Hall of Fame ASAP. :yay:

What were your impressions with the game?

People must have thought I was a little bit on the crazy side when I started laughing at a not-so-subtle sexual reference in one of the myrages' description. I don't know what the translators were smoking but it must have been good.

I'd ask you about the reference, but I think I don't want to know. Better for me to get icked by reading the description myself. :blink:

I'd ask you about the reference, but I think I don't want to know. Better for me to get icked by reading the description myself. :blink:

I think it belongs solely to the French translation though. It's in the Mimic description.

1986471477818384cvxfbyvwaaaicxx.jpg

For those of you perverts who want to know what it is all about

The sentence "coucou, tu veux voir ma boite?" is a reference to old commercials that used to appear late in the evening (the ones with the ladies wearing next to nothing and rolling on the bed while talking in a very seductive voice. Well, there was one commercial in particular that was more oriented towards women in which you could see a very muscular man in his underwear looking at the camera and saying "coucou, tu veux voir ma bite?" (Hi! Wanna see my d*ck?) in a very very monotonous voice. Over the time, it's become some kind of joke around the Internet.

So this French description could be translated as : "This very strong monster lives hidden in a treasure chest, ready to shout "hi, wanna see my duck?".

I've also spotted a reference to Anna from Frozen, and Nabila, a woman who took part in a famous reality TV show and made a scene about some other random girl not having shampoo.

Just got the platinum 

True Grymoirian

1L7b3d36.png

Thanks for letting me join once again and good luck to everyone and their plat hunt. If anyone may need assistance just shoot me a pm and I'll do my best to help out  :D

congratulations