Let's Platinum... World of Final Fantasy

Hey guys, I'm starting to write up a guide for the game. I'd love to know what your hours were in completing the plat once you get there and your estimation on difficulty.

Personally, I'm tossing up between a 3 and a 4. The trophies aren't hard (except the minigame ones if you're not super lucky), just mostly time consuming. 

• Like 1

I've put up for publication a guide on how to gain lots of EXP early on. Waiting for the remarks. Once I get that up, I'll work on the trophy guide for this game.

I think DetectiveCJ is already on it, KiraxKira. :/

Ah, I had checked the List of Guides Need and What Guides are You Working on Threads and didn't see anyone had claimed it. Totally missed it in this thread and the Project Guide Creation. My bad. :facepalm:  We really need a more streamlined way of claiming guides/showing guide status.

If CJ wants help, I'm game. Otherwise I'll let it hang out unfinished in my list. 

@Yuu Sonoda

Thank you!

@Myu @DetectiveCJ

It took me around 80 hours to complete, although it might have taken a bit less if I I knew how to approach the legendary caretaker trophy to begin with. The most enjoyable aspect of this game for me is its comedy, and the fact that it consistently breaks the 4th wall so many times makes it straight up hilarious (if you don't find this game overall funny in the slightest my condolences to your sense of humor). The characters are virbrant which I like about them including Tama (@KiraxKira sorry not sorry :P). The gameplay could get a little dull at times which many of you already know especially if you're grinding, but the game got so much charm to it it places you in a position where grinding isn't all that bad.

Overall I'll give it a 4-5/10 difficultly rating. There are some grindy trophies but there isn't any that's difficult, the only ones that could prove a challenge are the minigames but even with that in mind it can be achieved if you have luck on your side and some patience as well. What I would suggest is tagging the amount of chest you've collected in each dungeon so it won't become a tedious task later on, take it from me I had to go through every single dungeon again and surprisingly I've miss out on a couple chest that I would never thought I would have left behind.

Edited by Trini
  • Like 2

DEMON contacted me about co-writing his own trophy guide with him, so I won't be doing the trophy guide after all. If you want to join us, Kira, you are more than happy to contribute. ^_^

I will go ahead and join. My copy of the game finally arrived today, just in time for two days off from work.

Added. Welcome to the thread! Love the Ice Climbers avatar. :D

NOTE: I have seen a video which states a much faster way to earn EXP besides the Flan Princess - just defeat the Undead Princess* once you get a pair of Magitek Armor and get the Battery Charged ability from the Death Machine Mirage Board. Fire Beam combines into Fira, which does a lot of damage. Overall, I accidentally overleveled Reynn and Lann this time and they were level 57 going into Chapter 14, so it was very hard to capture a spare suit of Magitek Armor. xD

Edited by DetectiveCJ

@Yuu Sonoda

Thank you!

@Myu @DetectiveCJ

It took me around 80 hours to complete, although it might have taken a bit less if I I knew how to approach the legendary caretaker trophy to begin with. The most enjoyable aspect of this game for me is its comedy, and the fact that it consistently breaks the 4th wall so many times makes it straight up hilarious (if you don't find this game overall funny in the slightest my condolences to your sense of humor). The characters are virbrant which I like about them including Tama (@KiraxKira sorry not sorry :P). The gameplay could get a little dull at times which many of you already know especially if you're grinding, but the game got so much charm to it it places you in a position where grinding isn't all that bad.

Overall I'll give it a 4-5/10 difficultly rating. There are some grindy trophies but there isn't any that's difficult, the only ones that could prove a challenge are the minigames but even with that in mind it can be achieved if you have luck on your side and some patience as well. What I would suggest is tagging the amount of chest you've collected in each dungeon so it won't become a tedious task later on, take it from me I had to go through every single dungeon again and surprisingly I've miss out on a couple chest that I would never thought I would have left behind.

Grats on the plat! Could you elaborate on the proper way to go about the legendary caretaker trophy for when I get to the end game?

DEMON contacted me about co-writing his own trophy guide with him, so I won't be doing the trophy guide after all. If you want to join us, Kira, you are more than happy to contribute. ^_^

I'd be more than happy to help if you guys would like! I was thinking about doing a detailed mirage guide including what everything can transform into, to help with the board grind. Not sure if that would be better to link to the trophy guide or do as a gameplay guide.

Grats on the plat! Could you elaborate on the proper way to go about the legendary caretaker trophy for when I get to the end game?

My big suggestion would be to check and make sure that you're not trying to level up two mirages that can transform into the other: black & white Nakks, the small golems, etc. Once they've been captured once, or you've unlocked the "Mirage Board Unlock" nodes, you can transform them to the different board as well as all the SP you've earned. It's much faster than unlocking each board individually.

I'd be more than happy to help if you guys would like! I was thinking about doing a detailed mirage guide including what everything can transform into, to help with the board grind. Not sure if that would be better to link to the trophy guide or do as a gameplay guide.

My big suggestion would be to check and make sure that you're not trying to level up two mirages that can transform into the other: black & white Nakks, the small golems, etc. Once they've been captured once, or you've unlocked the "Mirage Board Unlock" nodes, you can transform them to the different board as well as all the SP you've earned. It's much faster than unlocking each board individually.

Awesome, I have been doing it this way. Figured out early that the re-skins share SP levels when you transfig them. 

That'd be a big help to those who have yet to play the game. Saves a lot of time grinding. ^_^

Sign me up for Those Who Have Yet To Venture Into Grymoire. I plan on getting the game around the holidays. Hopefully by then the guide will have been written.

Glad to see the Kingdom Hearts Master coming into this game. I bet you were lured by the DLC of Sora's Champion medal coming in 2017! :D Welcome to the thread, you've been added.

An interesting thing to note is that they included a character from FFXI, considering that that's an MMO. But after Wiking one character*, I was surprised to say the least. I'm hoping they make a sequel to this game and include characters from Type-0, FFXIII-2, FF2, and Cecil.

* Shantotto, that crazy witch who makes Reynn and Lann into water-breathers so they can visit the Sunken Temple: She's a Tarutaru.

@Yuu Sonoda

Thank you!

@Myu @DetectiveCJ

Congrats on completion! I'm close to it too. :) What would be the best way to master 100 mirage boards? If I transfigurate between base-forms (for example, Yellow, White and Black Chocobo) I can potentially reach 3 masteries by leveling only one mirage. Does that count? And does if it count to do multiple masteries of the same mirage (so if you catches several Chobobos for example)?

Congrats on completion! I'm close to it too. :) What would be the best way to master 100 mirage boards? If I transfigurate between base-forms (for example, Yellow, White and Black Chocobo) I can potentially reach 3 masteries by leveling only one mirage. Does that count? And does if it count to do multiple masteries of the same mirage (so if you catches several Chobobos for example)?

Thank you :)

Judging by multiple reports as well as my own it came down to the conclusion that mastering the same mirage multiple times won't work sadly. For it to count - completion of a mastery must be done using different mirages (can done using their transfigurations also). *I'll try to explain as best as I can for everyone.

For the choco family we have

* Chocochick > chocobo > mecha chocobo

Now by unlocking ALL mirage nodes within this family line will earn you a silver mastery star, therefore completing ONE mirage board (not counting as 3).

Then we have

*black Chocochick > Hyperion

Again, unlocking ALL nodes for this family line will earn you another silver mastery star, and once again completing ONE mirage board as well. Seeing this is the case we now have TWO mirage boards completed thus far towards the 100 mark.

Now seeing that the white chocobo doesn't have any special transfigurations of it's own line like above we can fully unlock the white chocobo's nodes, therefore earning us a silver mastery star just like that and another board completed. (Just as a reminder to everyone the white chocobo is only available in the day 1 edition of the game so you cannot obtain it by any other means, still even without owning one it won't affect the outcome of mastery).

Now by completing the entire choco family boards altogether (3 boards including the white chocobo, 2 boards without it) will earn us a gold star. Gold stars are earned when you fully unlock all nodes (transfigurations or not) within all mirage(s) of that line.

Perfect example is Gilgamesh. Gilgamesh doesn't have any transfigurations of its own, therefore unlocking all of his nodes will immediately reward us with a gold star. He will however have a bigger node board for the lack of having no transfigurations (same goes for all standalone mirages as well).

If some of you are wondering why is it that the white chocobo won't reward us with a gold star instead of a silver one, well it's simply because he isn't a standalone mirage like gIlgamesh since he can transfig into his other counterparts.

I hope this can at least shine some light and help those who may be clueless on how to go about getting it. I've read a lot of posts concerning this matter but by personal experience this is what I concluded.

• Like 3

Thank you :)

Judging by multiple reports as well as my own it came down to the conclusion that mastering the same mirage multiple times won't work sadly. For it to count - completion of a mastery must be done using different mirages (can done using their transfigurations also). *I'll try to explain as best as I can for everyone.

For the choco family we have

* Chocochick > chocobo > mecha chocobo

Now by unlocking ALL mirage nodes within this family line will earn you a silver mastery star, therefore completing ONE mirage board (not counting as 3).

Then we have

*black Chocochick > Hyperion

Again, unlocking ALL nodes for this family line will earn you another silver mastery star, and once again completing ONE mirage board as well. Seeing this is the case we now have TWO mirage boards completed thus far towards the 100 mark.

Now seeing that the white chocobo doesn't have any special transfigurations of it's own line like above we can fully unlock the white chocobo's nodes, therefore earning us a silver mastery star just like that and another board completed. (Just as a reminder to everyone the white chocobo is only available in the day 1 edition of the game so you cannot obtain it by any other means, still even without owning one it won't affect the outcome of mastery).

Now by completing the entire choco family boards altogether (3 boards including the white chocobo, 2 boards without it) will earn us a gold star. Gold stars are earned when you fully unlock all nodes (transfigurations or not) within all mirage(s) of that line.

Perfect example is Gilgamesh. Gilgamesh doesn't have any transfigurations of its own, therefore unlocking all of his nodes will immediately reward us with a gold star. He will however have a bigger node board for the lack of having no transfigurations (same goes for all standalone mirages as well).

If some of you are wondering why is it that the white chocobo won't reward us with a gold star instead of a silver one, well it's simply because he isn't a standalone mirage like gIlgamesh since he can transfig into his other counterparts.

I hope this can at least shine some light and help those who may be clueless on how to go about getting it. I've read a lot of posts concerning this matter but by personal experience this is what I concluded.

Okay, this is also what I meant with "3 masteries with one mirage": You get 3 silver stars (or the last one being gold) for the full chobobo family and all their transfigurations. Then my strategy so far was correct to master as many different mirages as possible and also those that allow multiple masteries in a single transfiguration family. Still, I'm only at around 40 masteries yet, so I'll have a lot of farming to do.

Btw. for everyone: The best 2 farming spots in endgame are 1) the first area in the third Ex Dungeon (jungle area, you will get around 160.000 per fight here when you use the exp+ mirastone and the fights are pretty easy) and 2) the sixth area in the fourth Ex Dungeon (forest area, ~200.000 exp per fight, super easy battles against chocochicks and such). The second spot is definitely the best spot in the whole game, as there is also a save point there, so you can infinitely recover and access the mirage vault. It also is right before the last superboss of WoFF, so you can also level-up for him there too. =)

• Like 2

Okay, this is also what I meant with "3 masteries with one mirage": You get 3 silver stars (or the last one being gold) for the full chobobo family and all their transfigurations. Then my strategy so far was correct to master as many different mirages as possible and also those that allow multiple masteries in a single transfiguration family. Still, I'm only at around 40 masteries yet, so I'll have a lot of farming to do.

And you were correct! just needed to go a bit more in depth for folks who were a bit lost with it.

An interesting thing to note is that they included a character from FFXI, considering that that's an MMO. But after Wiking one character*, I was surprised to say the least. I'm hoping they make a sequel to this game and include characters from Type-0, FFXIII-2, FF2, and Cecil.

* Shantotto, that crazy witch who makes Reynn and Lann into water-breathers so they can visit the Sunken Temple: She's a Tarutaru.

They didn't have anyone from XII, or at least that I've come across but I'm already in the Postscript. :( And I'm pretty sure Type-0 characters would just make me sob. 

Friggen the whistle scene got me emotional, the jerks.

Put me on the not yet list. I'm hopefully going to get the game for Christmas!

Added. Welcome to the thread! :D

Platinum achieved! :D

Total play time: 65 hours. This game was one of the best games I played in recent time. Very fun gameplay and truly lovely for everyone who likes Final Fantasy. :) But I guess I don't have to say this in this thread, right? :P

Way to go, ShadowStefan! Glad you enjoyed the game. I moved you to the Hall of Fame as our second plat acheiver. :yay:

Was in the dentist's chair being fitted for a permanent crown(which failed because my gums are like the Hulk, they're always angry :() getting through the Sunken Temple, am ascending the Crystal Tower now in hopes of getting to a better grinding spot so I can master more Mirage Boards. I have a whole bunch of Mirages sitting at Level 50.

Edited by DetectiveCJ

Glad to see the Kingdom Hearts Master coming into this game. I bet you were lured by the DLC of Sora's Champion medal coming in 2017! :D Welcome to the thread, you've been added.

Of course the Sora DLC is incentive for getting the game before 2017 but I also love the gameplay I've seen so far and the art style is great. If I wasn't saving my money for when Pokemon Moon comes out next week I would already have the game in my hands  :lol:.

Was in the dentist's chair being fitted for a permanent crown(which failed because my gums are like the Hulk, they're always angry :() getting through the Sunken Temple, am ascending the Crystal Tower now in hopes of getting to a better grinding spot so I can master more Mirage Boards. I have a whole bunch of Mirages sitting at Level 50.

I know how you feel, also grinded different Mirage Boards the whole game and never reached a mastery. But in endgame (those farming spots I posted before) I reached 100 masteries pretty fast. With exception of Shiva, Ramuh and Efreet, who all take around Lv. 85 until mastery, all the other mirages have their masteries at Lv. 50-65. And in these endgame farming spots you can bring an mirage to Lv. 50 in less then 10 min, Lv. 65 maybe 30 min but rather less. So you still have to farm for 100, but it's not too big of a grind. :) Edited by ShadowStefan

Of course the Sora DLC is incentive for getting the game before 2017 but I also love the gameplay I've seen so far and the art style is great. If I wasn't saving my money for when Pokemon Moon comes out next week I would already have the game in my hands  :lol:.

Well, I'm saving up my cash for both versions of the new Pokemon(which got majorly spoiled by greedy hackers, lol) but I wanted to try these games out. I agree they are fun, the Sora Champion medal is just a bonus. ^_^

I know how you feel, also grinded different Mirage Boards the whole game and never reached a mastery. But in endgame (those farming spots I posted before) I reached 100 masteries pretty fast. With exception of Shiva, Ramuh and Efreet, who all take around Lv. 85 until mastery, all the other mirages have their masteries at Lv. 50-65. And in these endgame farming spots you can bring an mirage to Lv. 50 in less then 10 min, Lv. 65 maybe 30 min but rather less. So you still have to farm for 100, but it's not too big of a grind. :)

Yeah, I've already completely mastered the Golem(which needs a Memento you can only get from a quest in Chapter 21), the Glow Moogle, the Left Claw and Right Claw, the Lucky Toad I was forced to imprism long ago(he's got great magical attack when mastered, so he can help with one-shotting the Flan Princess in the secret are of Windswept Marsh) and the unique Undead Princess I imprismed near the Solace. So that's 1/20 of the boards I need, but now that I've completed a Intervention that has a fight with three Cogna for over 82000 EXP, I can grind on that until I can advance the story...

Have to finish Chapter 21, but I'm stuck. They say that I need to find a town with a cathedral, but I don't know where to look. Figaro's been liberated, Nibelheim's got a cathedral but I can't enter it. I can't find a church in Tometown and Saronia is blocked off for the time being. Could someone give me a hint as where to go?

Have to finish Chapter 21, but I'm stuck. They say that I need to find a town with a cathedral, but I don't know where to look. Figaro's been liberated, Nibelheim's got a cathedral but I can't enter it. I can't find a church in Tometown and Saronia is blocked off for the time being. Could someone give me a hint as where to go?

There is a single town you don't visit throughout the storyline. Look around in the region where Nibelheim and Valley Seven are. :)

Fun fact: If you already visited the city before, like I did, the story will automatically tell you to go there. :P

Edited by ShadowStefan

Thanks ShadowStefan, but I consulted GameFAQs. Turns out Nibelheim wasn't TOO far off the mark. xD

Burnt the midnight oil but it was worth it; sadly had to watch a video of the bad ending because for some reason the voiced dialogue on my Vita is turned off. :(

Anyways, got to the post-script and recovered Tama and now Serafie says "ready for the final battle?" so I assume this is the true ending path, but I want to grind up most of my Mirages and get some more Boards mastered now that I can grind off of "Cold Hard Justice"(156000 EXP a pop and you only need Fira. :D) to get the EXP I need. This will be the best place to grind until I complete the true ending and unlock the post-game dungeons.

Got these trophies:

1. Mirage Scholar, The Dyad's Servants: Got 75% of the Mirage Manual filled after defeating the rest of the Pleiads. * Get 92% of the Who's Who as well.
  2. Transcender of Time: Got all the Interventions.
  3. It's Just Justice: Now to grind off of the Intervention quest! ^_^
  4. Nine Lives: Forgot to pick up the memento for this and wondered why Tama couldn't transfig. xD

Now for the grind to 99! Ugh... -_-

Odin was a joke after finding out his weakness to Thunder from FFIV is back, so I didn't get one-shotted by Zantestuken. Diabolos was the hardest, he kept spamming sleep attacks. Then was Bahamut who I could stop from Megaflaring happy camper. X( Leviathan died quickly but not before she got off a Tidal Wave. I used all of my X-Potions on these Interventions. :(