Let's Platinum... World of Final Fantasy

Anyways, got to the post-script and recovered Tama and now Serafie says "ready for the final battle?" so I assume this is the true ending path, but I want to grind up most of my Mirages and get some more Boards mastered now that I can grind off of "Cold Hard Justice"(156000 EXP a pop and you only need Fira. :D) to get the EXP I need. This will be the best place to grind until I complete the true ending and unlock the post-game dungeons.

You're going to want Resist Confusion Mirajewels and Seeds for the last stage of the boss fight. The last stage lets his speed get insane. 

You're going to want Resist Confusion Mirajewels and Seeds for the last stage of the boss fight. The last stage lets his speed get insane. 

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah... I wish I had known that BEFORE FIGHTING THE GUY! I forgot he loves spamming Chaos Revel to confuse the twins. Luckily, I only got close to a wipe once and the stacks I had were pretty decent in doing physical damage or I wuld have reset. Even so, I burned through all of my Megalixirs. :(

In post-game now, gonna just take my time and get the Legendary Caretaker trophy before tackling the post-game dungeons. Found a nice place to grind up SP. :)

Edited by DetectiveCJ

Gotten another trophy for defeating the three Dark Espers in the post-game dungeons - trust me, you need to have immunity to their attacks or they will wipe you. I learned that the hard way when I had two Mriage stacks weak to fire against Gleefrit's stack. :(

At 77%, working on cleaning up the treasure chests, secret areas and what not. I missed Girl's Diary Part 4. :(

Hey guys, I am thinking of buying and playing this game on my VITA.

Not sure if I would enjoy it though, the only FF I have played (enjoyed, finished) was FFVII:CC on my PSP. Is knowledge of some FF games important for enjoying WoFF?

I am also a big fan of all Pokemon games, that may be relevant I guess - I read somewhere that the gameplay in WoFF is somehow similar.

Could you please advise me? Thanks :)

Hey guys, I am thinking of buying and playing this game on my VITA.

Not sure if I would enjoy it though, the only FF I have played (enjoyed, finished) was FFVII:CC on my PSP. Is knowledge of some FF games important for enjoying WoFF?

I am also a big fan of all Pokemon games, that may be relevant I guess - I read somewhere that the gameplay in WoFF is somehow similar.

Could you please advise me? Thanks :)

The Pokemon mechanic comes from using the prismariums(and eldboxes later on) to capture Mirages and it can fail, but that's about where the Pokemon similarity ends - you have to do certain things to the Mirages to make them get a "prismunity" which you need to have in order to imprism them and make them a part of your team.

If you've played Crisis Core, see below.

It is, but you can enjoy the game perfectly well without playing any of them.

Shelke is one of the characters in WoFF, by the way.

Shelke is actually from FFVII: Crisis Core. I learned that from Youtube because I never played Crisis Core or Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time. I also found out about Shantotto too. As nyonmyan said, it's not a requirement to know about any Final Fantasy games to enjoy this, but this game might make you want to play Final Fantasy games. :)

UPDATE: I've gotten all the secret areas and Thirst for the Undiscovered, but can't find the remaining chests - I think the remaining chests are in the secret post-game dungeons, probably the final one... but now my game is glitched; the gates are hollow and glitchy patterns flash about the screen in an area which has a gate. I'm worried it might corrupt the save so I am going to wait until I get back to my modem router, cross-save to PS4 and see if that doesn't fix the problem. :(

• Like 1

Shelke is one of the characters in WoFF, by the way.

Shelke is actually from FFVII: Crisis Core. I learned that from Youtube because I never played Crisis Core or Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time. 

whaaat1-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928625she was in CC? I thought Shelke is from Dirge of Cerberus?

anyway... sign me up here. hopefully I could get the game this week.

Sign me in also  :wave:

Fluffy thanks.

--

(I am now to complete the whole Grimoure)

You're added. Welcome to the thread! :D

UPDATE: So the glitch vanished so I have no idea what happened. :S Continued playing. Managed to get almost every treasure chest I could find(thanks to Youtube videos) but no Treasure Liberator. I have no idea what I missed. This trophy is annoying. :angry:  (And yes, I checked - I got all of the treasures in the extra dungeons, the hidden one in Balamb Garden and the one in the Airship as well as every chest in every dungeon in the game, including Castle Exnine and the Chainroad!

Captured every Mirage that's exclusive to the Coliseum save Omega Weapon. My stacks are just too low-level to do enough damage to trigger the Prismunity. (I tried a Blizzaja from a Shiva Stack with Absorb MAG from Vampire six times and Faith six times, and it still doesn't do more than 11000 damage!) Omega Weapon is the only Mirage I haven't gotten from imprisming - all the others can be transfigured.

Other than that, the only trophies I don't have are People Pleaser(that DLC Intervention which pits you against the Xenogears Cogna messed things up) and the one for beating the Cogna XG. I'm probably going to need to get Level 99 stacks to stand a chance.

Edited by DetectiveCJ

I think it belongs solely to the French translation though. It's in the Mimic description.

1986471477818384cvxfbyvwaaaicxx.jpg

For those of you perverts who want to know what it is all about

The sentence "coucou, tu veux voir ma boite?" is a reference to old commercials that used to appear late in the evening (the ones with the ladies wearing next to nothing and rolling on the bed while talking in a very seductive voice. Well, there was one commercial in particular that was more oriented towards women in which you could see a very muscular man in his underwear looking at the camera and saying "coucou, tu veux voir ma bite?" (Hi! Wanna see my d*ck?) in a very very monotonous voice. Over the time, it's become some kind of joke around the Internet.

So this French description could be translated as : "This very strong monster lives hidden in a treasure chest, ready to shout "hi, wanna see my duck?".

I've also spotted a reference to Anna from Frozen, and Nabila, a woman who took part in a famous reality TV show and made a scene about some other random girl not having shampoo.

As far as i know, this was never a commercial.

It was a french TV reportage about pedophilia. The journalist created a nickname like "lolita13yo" and she just waited. Several minutes ago, someone said "Hello, wanna see my d*ck".

Indeed it became a popular joke (due to the way the reporter says it), and i laughed really hard when i noticed this in a Final Fantasy game :P

• Like 1

As far as i know, this was never a commercial.

It was a french TV reportage about pedophilia. The journalist created a nickname like "lolita13yo" and she just waited. Several minutes ago, someone said "Hello, wanna see my d*ck".

Indeed it became a popular joke (due to the way the reporter says it), and i laughed really hard when i noticed this in a Final Fantasy game :P

:blink: I am NOT clicking on that, because (a) I am a bit prudish and (B) I'm at my parents house and to watch anything like that, even if it's in French, would violate my parent's trust in my house-sitting skills.

• Like 1

Platinum got yesterday :)

Okay! Updated! Great job! :yay::highfive:

Got Legendary Caretaker, didn't realize it. I guess that mastering seperate Mirage Boards(silver stars) count towards the trophy as I thought it would take many more Mirages. Now all I hafta do is imprism Cogna XG and Ultima Weapon(those are the only two I have left to get - finally got the Maduim Memento after going through that stupid Sandstalker game a million ties and failing because Vivi is as strong as wet toilet paper :emo:), find out where the heck those final quests I need to do for People Pleaser are and where I missed a chest for Treasure Liberator(I've gotten all extra dungeon chests and every chest in a spot where you can travel via gate) and that's about it.

(Reynn, my waifu, glares at me.)

Oh yeah, AND clear the rest of the Coliseum matches, have a small backlog of the later ones. Whoops! :blush: )

Edited by DetectiveCJ

Day 2 and up to 18 hours play.  Currently at the start of Chapter 13.

Done quite a few Colosseum battles, managed to acquire Shiva and Ifrit star mirages last night...Ifrit was obtained first time but Shiva took a little while to stay in the mirage ball.  I've got them in my Lillikin stack but I've mainly been using the Jiant forms.  Finished around 6/7 intervention battles too.

Enjoying the story, liking the characters (apart from Tama - it says "the" too much where it becomes annoying) and having a great time playing

Progress 14/49

Edited by Rach

Okay! Updated! Great job! :yay::highfive:

Got Legendary Caretaker, didn't realize it. I guess that mastering seperate Mirage Boards(silver stars) count towards the trophy as I thought it would take many more Mirages. Now all I hafta do is imprism Cogna XG and Ultima Weapon(those are the only two I have left to get - finally got the Maduim Memento after going through that stupid Sandstalker game a million ties and failing because Vivi is as strong as wet toilet paper :emo:), find out where the heck those final quests I need to do for People Pleaser are and where I missed a chest for Treasure Liberator(I've gotten all extra dungeon chests and every chest in a spot where you can travel via gate) and that's about it.

(Reynn, my waifu, glares at me.)

Oh yeah, AND clear the rest of the Coliseum matches, have a small backlog of the later ones. Whoops! :blush: )

Legendary caretaker count every "star" that you get (i don't know if mastering the same myrage counts, though). It means that if you get a "silver star" on a myrage, you can change it to another kind of myrage (i don't know how it is called in english :D) that don't have the silver star next to it. If you master your new myrage (which will be REALLY fast since you get all the CP you previously had), you'll get a golden star  (which basically mean you completeted both sphere grid).

Some myrage do not have a "transformation" so you'll directly get a golden star, which then will only count for one mastered myrage board :).

For the chests, it was really the "hardest" trophy of the game, since you cannot know which chest you are missing. The last one i needed was the very first chest in the desert part where you can fight the pampa. Just after the save point, the chest is on the right side of the "corridor". It is almost completely hidden by the rocks. Another really easy to miss chest is in the train graveyard. That one is COMPLETELY impossible to see on the screen :/

For the chests, it was really the "hardest" trophy of the game, since you cannot know which chest you are missing.

Yeah, I wish they could have had some sort of radar on the map. I'll just have to go through every dungeon again and double-check. Chances are it's some stupidly obvious chest. Also will go through every town and see if I missed a quest. Chances are its in Tometown(that place is a maze).

EDIT: Nope! It was the very first chest in Sunken Temple! The one on the kelp wall you have to use to get inside! :facepalm:

I had to go through almost every town before I stumbled on the last chest. I also missed a chest in Pyreglow(camo'd by tree bark), one in Windswept Mire(missed the Chill Symbol at the last area) and TWO in the Prison(both were BEHND THE MAKO REACTOR)! I am glad I did this sweep because otherwise I could have gotten the Sunken Temple Chest first and raged about why the trophy wasn't popping.

I MISSED FIVE CHESTS. THIS TROPHY SUCKS. :rolleyes:

Edited by DetectiveCJ