Let's Platinum... World of Final Fantasy

1L7b3d36.png

Date of achievement: 18th Nov 2016

Difficult : 6.5 Enjoyment : Heart.png

Hardest Trophy:14S0e607b.png Zip Zip WHACK!

14S0e607b.pngBlitzball Ace,

Favorite Trophy:13S80ad04.pngMirage Master

Congrats! B) I've also sort of achieved the platinum yesterday - I am saving the last trophy for Platinum Rain Day, but all in all I'm ready to get the plat at any time. I really liked the music video - I used to be big on Teen Titans when they first came out twenty-something years ago. :awesome:

• Like 1

Got the plat, spent 78 hours. Not sure why people hate on minigames as they're extremely easy, especially when compared to minigames from FFIX/FFX. The hardest part was finding the missing chests.

Agree with you on that - Sandstalker was the only frustration for me due to RNG but all in all, the games weren't insane. And yes, I also agree finding the last chests was a pain in the Bahamut; I found the last chest right near the gate!

Even though I couldn't find you in the other lists, I added you to the Hall of Fame anyways. Congrats! :yay:

Got the plat, spent 78 hours. Not sure why people hate on minigames as they're extremely easy, especially when compared to minigames from FFIX/FFX. The hardest part was finding the missing chests.

IX? Jump Rope?

I just finished the mini-games...for me..

-Ligthing's ok I guess

-Loved Sandstalker (aside from it having Terra + Vivi) but I could relate the hate on this one, the RNG + Maduin requirement is quite frustrating to some I guess.

-Tidus'... *sigh* not bad but I find it... boring...

-and then there's Reynn's.. oh boy... luck base annoying RNG mini-game? not sure which I hate more, this or getting 0:0:0 on Chocobo race in FFX.

And yes, I also agree finding the last chests was a pain in the Bahamut; I found the last chest right near the gate!

Mine was at the start of Sunken Temple, hidden outside in green kelp. Not sure how I missed that one.

IX? Jump Rope?

Jump rope,"99 out of 100 nobles were impressed", "assign soldiers to different tasks" with no way to learn which combination is correct and save point being far behind.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I finally got the platinum a couple of days ago because I dropped out of the Platinum Rain Day event, it is my 40th platinum. I didn't put anything really special down because I didn't think to do anything special.

Anyways, as much as the game looks cool and all, I may trade it in but I want to see if the Sora DLC has trophies on it before I do so - the last time I didn't 100% a game's DLC was LEGO Avengers and I'm regretting it since. :(

Platinum obtained so can I be moved to True Grymoirian please (even though I don't think I was moved out of the "Those who have yet to visit")

Yes, you're moved. Congrats! ^_^

Edited by DetectiveCJ

On Saturday, November 19, 2016 at 9:25 AM, DetectiveCJ said:

Congrats! B) I've also sort of achieved the platinum yesterday - I am saving the last trophy for Platinum Rain Day, but all in all I'm ready to get the plat at any time. I really liked the music video - I used to be big on Teen Titans when they first came out twenty-something years ago. :awesome:

Thank you :) Teen Titans go is awesome show its so funny. 

19 hours ago, SLovell83 said:

Platinum achieved, got pretty annoying with the grind for 100 mastered mirages but glad I've got the plat now

Moved you over! Congrats!

As for myself, I traded in my copy of the game now that I'm done with it. I didn't want to(I really wanted to check out that DLC) but I needed to fuel my MMO addiction. :( Anyways, great job for those who have made it so far!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been pushing to finish this game off by the end of the year. I'm in between the first and second endings. I missed a town person quest in the village of Agarthir (defeat 3 cactaurs) and now that town is under attack and the quest is unavailable. I've heard a lot about how nothing in this game is missable so I'm hoping the quest becomes accessible again in the post game. :unsure:

Mission Accomplished!! World of Final Fantasy as 50th plat! Completed before the end of 2016!

My last hold out was Blitzball Ace not because it was that hard, just annoying, so it got left to the end. The left stick controls for the arc seemed really touchy to me on the Vita. I feel like I really lucked out with the Sandstalkers mini-game, getting Maduin after 16 wins / 10 losses, aborts. It seems like the only way to get Maduin is to luck out though. Someone could be bad at Sandstalkers like they just don't get it but I can't see anyone being particularly good at Sandstalkers like they can consistently reach the Maduin requirements. You're just not given enough information. Square should include a kind of bypass for the unlucky. "100 wins but no luck? Here you go friend, move on." Well, I guess trading for a Maduin acts as a bypass for PS4 users. No issues with the other 2 mini-games, I got them both in a few attempts. Nothing as frustrating for me as the Chocobo Treasure Race in FFX. :angry:

On 12/30/2016 at 4:02 AM, mking_63 said:

Mission Accomplished!! World of Final Fantasy as 50th plat! Completed before the end of 2016!

My last hold out was Blitzball Ace not because it was that hard, just annoying, so it got left to the end. The left stick controls for the arc seemed really touchy to me on the Vita. I feel like I really lucked out with the Sandstalkers mini-game, getting Maduin after 16 wins / 10 losses, aborts. It seems like the only way to get Maduin is to luck out though. Someone could be bad at Sandstalkers like they just don't get it but I can't see anyone being particularly good at Sandstalkers like they can consistently reach the Maduin requirements. You're just not given enough information. Square should include a kind of bypass for the unlucky. "100 wins but no luck? Here you go friend, move on." Well, I guess trading for a Maduin acts as a bypass for PS4 users. No issues with the other 2 mini-games, I got them both in a few attempts. Nothing as frustrating for me as the Chocobo Treasure Race in FFX. :angry:

18 hours ago, jasondm300 said:

Another game finished.  I had a great time playing it, until the treasure hunting at the end.  I finally found it in Castle Exnine.  Played it mostly on Vita, and got Maduin the hard way.  Feels good to put this one away, but I would play a sequel in a heartbeat

Nice job you two! Great way to end the year! I've moved you to the Hall of Fame. :yay: Happy New Year!

• Like 1

Ok I decided to plat this for the Vita 5th Anniversary event, so I might as well partake in this event as well. It will be my first Final Fantasy platinum, although I have basically 100%ed the original PS1 versions of a couple games. I've nearly completed the main story already (I think) so I'll be mostly grinding from here on out. Looking forward to this.

1 hour ago, cease2123 said:

Ok I decided to plat this for the Vita 5th Anniversary event, so I might as well partake in this event as well. It will be my first Final Fantasy platinum, although I have basically 100%ed the original PS1 versions of a couple games. I've nearly completed the main story already (I think) so I'll be mostly grinding from here on out. Looking forward to this.

You're platting the Vita version? Good luck, I didn't really enjoy it that much(mainly because of the battles taking longer) but I wish you luck! Welcome to the thread! ^_^

I guess you can add me to the event (and my plans to platinum a Kingdom Hearts before 2.8 go down the drain together with this post). I started the game today and just barely made it past the tutorial. I'm still skeptical as to whether I'll really enjoy the game or not. I didn't finish the demo, the battle system didn't convince me and chibi design in a Final Fantasy was something I couldn't get used to.

Anyway, I don't have any complains during my time in the game, everything's going well so far.