Let's Platinum... World of Final Fantasy

1 hour ago, DetectiveCJ said:

You're platting the Vita version? Good luck, I didn't really enjoy it that much(mainly because of the battles taking longer) but I wish you luck! Welcome to the thread! ^_^

Thanks CJ.

Battles take longer? I'm assuming because of the load times, which are definitely long at times. But I live in NYC so long commutes make this a good game for me on Vita. But other than the longer battles what did you think of the game in general? I haven't even tried it on PS4 since the demo. Anyway like I said, I'm basically at the point where it's gonna be a grind so it shouldn't be too bad at this point. BTW, any tips on good grinding areas? Keep it spoiler free if you can please. I'm pretty much at what I'm assuming is the last dungeon so it shouldn't be too hard to keep spoiler free.

8 hours ago, cease2123 said:

Thanks CJ.

Battles take longer? I'm assuming because of the load times, which are definitely long at times. But I live in NYC so long commutes make this a good game for me on Vita. But other than the longer battles what did you think of the game in general? I haven't even tried it on PS4 since the demo. Anyway like I said, I'm basically at the point where it's gonna be a grind so it shouldn't be too bad at this point. BTW, any tips on good grinding areas? Keep it spoiler free if you can please. I'm pretty much at what I'm assuming is the last dungeon so it shouldn't be too hard to keep spoiler free.

It was a wonderful love letter to Final Fantasy, if you are a fan of those games, you'll love the characters they brought from those games. Also, when I said the battles take longer it's because they added in a short five-second background shot before the battle begins, which I found annoying. But if you think it'll be a fine portable title, go ahead and knock yourself out. :)

Looks like my post was overlooked, so I'll write it again. As I started the game yesterday, I'd like to join this event. I have a question. I'm currently close to the end of chapter 5. I know I collected all treasure chests, almost all mirages and did all available side quests so far. Is there anything permanently missable?

I think they did a good job not having anything required for a trophy be missable. I missed a chest and a quest and they were temporarily unavailable but they became available again in the post game. Some of the quests require you to trade items to townspeople and some of those items are rare so you might want to avoid using battle items until those quests are completed.

Regarding late game grinding:

Late game

Spoiler

After the first ending but before the second, you are given a quest to resurrect Tama which involves going back to Icicle Ridge and an NPC unlocks a new area there. Hang around the save point in this new area to boost mirages that you actually use.

Post game.

Spoiler

After the second ending 3 bonus dungeons appear in the Tearoom. Clear those dungeons (Stealth / Flee to the end of each. Gravity, Gravity, Shantotto, Shantotto, Shantotto) and a 4th dungeon appears. Get to the save point in the 4th area of this dungeon and master 100 mirage boards for that trophy. You get about 200,000 xp per fight.

10 hours ago, viech54 said:

Looks like my post was overlooked, so I'll write it again. As I started the game yesterday, I'd like to join this event. I have a question. I'm currently close to the end of chapter 5. I know I collected all treasure chests, almost all mirages and did all available side quests so far. Is there anything permanently missable?

I don't know why PSNProfiles forum is not putting up your posts. I added you to the list, welcome to the thread.

And no, nothing is permanently out of reach. Even after you clear the game, you can go back to prior areas.

I mentioned I would join this event back in the day, and then I completely lost track of the thread.

But ANYWAY, I platted WoFF, and in fact, it was my 200th plat. Thanks for making the thread - although I didn't post here often, I did think of it when I was looking for that STUPID LAST TREASURE CHEST.

41 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I mentioned I would join this event back in the day, and then I completely lost track of the thread.

But ANYWAY, I platted WoFF, and in fact, it was my 200th plat. Thanks for making the thread - although I didn't post here often, I did think of it when I was looking for that STUPID LAST TREASURE CHEST.

I know the feeling. That was my last trophy too. Those chests are tough to find. I added you to the Hall of Fame just to make you feel better. (See, you don't have to join the thread before you get the plat.)

10 minutes ago, Bahamut3104 said:

I'd like to join this. I am currently playing the game (on chapter 16 atm) and hope to have the plat soon. If life doesn't get in the way.

Added. Welcome to the thread!

• Like 1

Can anyone clarify how to get Maduin? It says I need to beat the minigame in "The Five Cogna Lords - Figaro" in less than 20 turns and without losing a unit. I know I did that, I destroyed all enemies without taking damage at all, but I didn't get Maduin Memento.

edit: Never mind, it all worked out. Turned out the guide I used was useless once again. It's 10 turns, not 20. While I am always able to beat the minigame, I can't say for sure I'll always get it in less than 10 turns. But it doesn't matter any longer, I got it this time.

Edited by viech54

5 hours ago, viech54 said:

Can anyone clarify how to get Maduin? It says I need to beat the minigame in "The Five Cogna Lords - Figaro" in less than 20 turns and without losing a unit. I know I did that, I destroyed all enemies without taking damage at all, but I didn't get Maduin Memento.

edit: Never mind, it all worked out. Turned out the guide I used was useless once again. It's 10 turns, not 20. While I am always able to beat the minigame, I can't say for sure I'll always get it in less than 10 turns. But it doesn't matter any longer, I got it this time.

Yeah, that one got me too. The minigames are, like always, the worst part of this game. :(

6 minutes ago, DetectiveCJ said:

Yeah, that one got me too. The minigames are, like always, the worst part of this game. :(

Sadly, yeah. Square Enix really needs to learn how to make minigames enjoyable. Lightnings minigame was the worst until I figured out how to do it. Pause the game whenever an enemy appears, look at what it is, then press the correct button and get it done with ease. It's no problem at all, I finished it in less than a minute twice in a row and then never played it again. I still have to beat the Figaro minigame a few times for the trophy, but beating it isn't the problem and I'm actually starting to like it. While I made it past the story related cactuar and einhander minigames, I didn't try the trophy-related versions yet.

But I'm in the final dungeon now, that's more important than some annoying minigames.

Edited by viech54

On 10/29/2016 at 5:17 PM, IMaySlayLizDaw94 said:

I'm still waiting on Amazon to deliver mine

Pre-ordered it a week in advance

And as of this evening it still hasn't even been dispatched

They're "preparing it"

Well fuck that, I'm not ordering off them again

They say it should be here by Thursday despite delivery saying it'd come on release date

Dood, calm down on the f-bombs, did you send them a complaint?

On 10/28/2016 at 4:48 PM, DetectiveCJ said:

Those Who Have Yet to Visit Grymoire (AKA Don't have the game yet but plan to get it)

Those Who Have Ventured into Grymoire (AKA Those earning trophies)

True Grymoirans (AKA Those with the Platinum)

Due to me changing accounts, I have had to repurpose the lists so I could add to them. My new handle is NebbyLunala and, yes, I'm in the first list. I bought the game again but I plan on not playing it until the new DLC comes out(the Sora Champion medal) on Jan. 24, when Kingdom Hearts 2.8 comes out. (I pre-ordered it on my old account, I hope I can play it on my new account!)

Edited by NebbyLunala
Needed to repurpose the lists

8 hours ago, NebbyLunala said:

I bought the game again but I plan on not playing it until the new DLC comes out(the Sora Champion medal) on Jan. 24, when Kingdom Hearts 2.8 comes out. (I pre-ordered it on my old account, I hope I can play it on my new account!)

Do not do that, you can still use the games from your DetectiveCJ account, there's no need to buy them again. Well, that is assuming you bought the games on PSN. Just start the game while you're signed in to your new account, it will work. Source: My own experience, I have multiple accounts for various regions, I can play all their games with my main account.

I got both endings last week, now I'm working on the bonus dungeons.

Edited by viech54

2 hours ago, viech54 said:

Do not do that, you can still use the games from your DetectiveCJ account, there's no need to buy them again. Well, that is assuming you bought the games on PSN. Just start the game while you're signed in to your new account, it will work. Source: My own experience, I have multiple accounts for various regions, I can play all their games with my main account.

No, I platinumed the game from a physical copy and traded it back in to GameStop for store credit. But thanks for answering a question that has been bugging me for so long... I have seen games from my old account in the library in my new account(like LEGO Avengers, which I was holding onto until I got the DLC) but didn't think it would work. Actually, my first platinum was Oceanhorn, which I bought on my old account. So that did answer a big question - you see, I pre-ordered KH2.8 on my old account (for the PS4 theme) but wasn't sure if I had to buy it again on my new account. Now I don't have to, so I think I don't have to bribe my parents to give me money for a physical copy. Thanks! ^_^

And good job on the game so far. I plan on playing the game myself soon. I have a couple of PSN titles to go through first.

Edited by NebbyLunala

I see, then it makes sense why you would buy the game again. You're welcome.

Made some good progress again. The first two bonus dungeons are out of the way, just two more to go. I've also started working on the townspeople's requests. It's all going well so far, I should be able to clear the third bonus dungeon today while making progress towards my miragepedia completion at the same time. It's currently at 89%. I'm somewhat afraid of the cactuar & Tidus minigames. I hope they won't be too bad.

11 hours ago, viech54 said:

I see, then it makes sense why you would buy the game again. You're welcome.

Made some good progress again. The first two bonus dungeons are out of the way, just two more to go. I've also started working on the townspeople's requests. It's all going well so far, I should be able to clear the third bonus dungeon today while making progress towards my miragepedia completion at the same time. It's currently at 89%. I'm somewhat afraid of the cactuar & Tidus minigames. I hope they won't be too bad.

Good progress. Unfortunately, I have decided to put this game on my list for the sign-ups for the second season of Platinum Pyramid so I won't prboably touch this until I platinum a few other games(one of them I need to re-purchase).

10 hours ago, NebbyLunala said:

Good progress. Unfortunately, I have decided to put this game on my list for the sign-ups for the second season of Platinum Pyramid so I won't prboably touch this until I platinum a few other games(one of them I need to re-purchase).

Thanks. If things go well and my motivation doesn't fail me, I should be able to complete the game today. I finished all minigames and the third bonus dungeon yesterday. There's not much more left to do. Good luck with the Platinum Pyramid. I'm not the type of person for competitive events with a time limit, my schedule is way too busy for a good chance of winning. Also, I play the games the way I want when I want, it's not always the most efficient way and I might take breaks every now and then. Being spontaneous about the games I play doesn't help either.

edit: Alright, screw this, no plat today. I'm confident I didn't miss any treasure chest listed in the guide, but didn't get the trophy after opening the last one in the 4th bonus dungeon. I'm going to check another guide to see if the number of chests differs. If it does, it's fairly obvious where I missed something. If not, there's nothing else to do besides visiting all areas again. If that doesn't help either, I'm screwed. I don't feel like playing the game again due to a bug.

Edited by viech54

2 hours ago, viech54 said:

Thanks. If things go well and my motivation doesn't fail me, I should be able to complete the game today. I finished all minigames and the third bonus dungeon yesterday. There's not much more left to do. Good luck with the Platinum Pyramid. I'm not the type of person for competitive events with a time limit, my schedule is way too busy for a good chance of winning. Also, I play the games the way I want when I want, it's not always the most efficient way and I might take breaks every now and then. Being spontaneous about the games I play doesn't help either.

edit: Alright, screw this, no plat today. I'm confident I didn't miss any treasure chest listed in the guide, but didn't get the trophy after opening the last one in the 4th bonus dungeon. I'm going to check another guide to see if the number of chests differs. If it does, it's fairly obvious where I missed something. If not, there's nothing else to do besides visiting all areas again. If that doesn't help either, I'm screwed. I don't feel like playing the game again due to a bug.

I suggest using a video guide - easier to follow IMO.

27 minutes ago, Griffon234 said:

I suggest using a video guide - easier to follow IMO.

Sure, it's easier to follow, but also takes longer and I already have some areas in mind where I might be missing something. The guide I used lacked precision in cities, I'll check those first.

If everything else fails, I'll use a video guide.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2017 at 6:47 AM, viech54 said:

Sure, it's easier to follow, but also takes longer and I already have some areas in mind where I might be missing something. The guide I used lacked precision in cities, I'll check those first.

If everything else fails, I'll use a video guide.

I was missing the one in the train graveyard in the first area was hiding behind one of the containers.

Please change me to True Grymorian as I have finally got the platinum in this game.

Edited by Bahamut3104

Anyone have tips for the Blitzball minigame? I can not get this trophy and it is preventing me from getting the Platinum. :(

I am trying to go slow as to only hit enemies when I know I won't miss but some fly right into me and cause me to lose a life. I am so frustrated, since I have been trying this minigame repeatedly for months and can not get the score.