Moving to a new server

Sly Ripper

im not good with computers does this mean it will be a new website after or this site is getting an upgrade. basically what im asking what does moving to a new server mean

In the cases I've seen, when sites get new servers, it's like an upgrade, not a whole new site. Backloggery got a new server a while back, and it's no different than what it was, with the exception of being faster. So basically all getting a new server means is speed.

In the cases I've seen, when sites get new servers, it's like an upgrade, not a whole new site. Backloggery got a new server a while back, and it's no different than what it was, with the exception of being faster. So basically all getting a new server means is speed.

Basically this, there won't really be a speed increase except in certain cases (100% club is faster). Standard profiles will go back to auto updating once a week and hopefully there should be almost zero maintenance now.

• Like 2

Basically this, there won't really be a speed increase except in certain cases (100% club is faster). Standard profiles will go back to auto updating once a week and hopefully there should be almost zero maintenance now.

Thank you for your hard work and for the update as well. The zero maintenance is seemingly the best part of the server upgrade! :)

Does that mean that the manual update once per hour will be removed?

Sly, you're the fucking man. You are by far the most involved owner of a site I've ever been a part of and I think I can speak for all of us when I say we really appreciate the constant status updates to let us know what you're doing with the site. Keep up the good work.

If you ever find yourself in Kentucky, I'm buying you a beer.

Parker

• Like 3

Transferring the site files now, 96GB. Once that's done I'll do a quick transfer of an updated DB (forums and stuff), point the domain to the new server and turn off forum posting on the old server. One cool thing though, the forum chat will work cross server, you'll see the same people no matter which server your DNS is connecting you to.

• Like 1