Clothes to the Edge Impossible to get

ViperLance34

Hi, I'm a couple of thousand dollars short of getting the "Clothes to the Edge" trophy. Problem is I've already bought everything I could buy from the rock shop. I've already finished the campaign and did all the showcase concerts. All I have left are the shows you unlock as you get more fans. Also, completing the showcase concerts unlocked a few instruments, but they were immediately ready for use. I couldn't spend money on them.
I tried making a new band and take different career path, but even then, all the stuff I unlocked was immediately available for use. I couldn't spend money and purchase it.

I've been told that you don't have to purchase the things you unlock. If that's the case then the trophy IS impossible to get. I deleted my save to start a fresh new career, went to the rock shop and summed up EVERYTHING that can be bought:

Clothing: Tops & Bottoms (Both Male and Female), Accessories, Outfits
Hats, Hair & Makeup: Hats & Hair, Facial Hair, Makeup
Instruments: Drums, Bass and Guitars

Assuming all the locked stuff is available for free once you've unlocked it while on tour, the amount of money you will spend in the store is $97,737.
There is no issue with my save. Either some things just disappeared from the store completely, or the unlockable instruments and outfits are supposed to be payed for once unlocked instead of being available for free.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Replying years on to this, as it's still way too easy to miss this with the choices you make for your tours. I didn't find there were enough clothes options to easily get this with my first playthrough, and the choices I made to get the fans achievement then restricted me from getting Clothes to the Edge, as after completing the game/tour journey, most items were then awarded for free or still locked. On replaying I realised that different choices finally would unlock the Gold instruments - and therefore their Chrome equivalents which are worth a decent amount in the Rock Shop.

This is my exact list of choices to then enable exactly $109k of items in the Rock Shop after game completion (for only the male character, didn't need to bother checking for a female!). I don't think it's necessarily the best route of choices, but worked fine for me to avoid an entire playthrough again and any more tearing out of my hair!

• RISK MANAGEMENT
  • CLOTHES COMBAT
  • SUFFERING FOR ART
  • PRESS YOUR LUCK
  • HIGH FLIERS
  • OPEN ISSUES
  • TOTALLY LOADED

I also made sure to play the instrument Showcases before ending the game/journey of tours, as it's been mentioned somewhere this helps with unlocking the Gold/Chrome instruments, and had to play some other gigs for extra money after completion too as I didn't have $100k to spend. I played it safe and only replayed money-making sets so as not to earn any gear for free!

Finger's crossed just one person finds this useful!!...

• Like 2