Zero Escape: The Nonary Games, Out Next Year on PS4, PS Vita

As much as I enjoyed VLR, 999 is far superior IMO (haven't gotten to ZTD yet).  I still own both games so I see no reason to repurchase them, but I am glad that others will have the chance to play 999.

As for the 3DS, it really doesn't make sense to me that anyone who loves the Vita wouldn't want one as well.  Most of the Vita fanatics here are big into Japanese games so why would you not want to play the Fire Emblem's, Phoenix Wright's, Shin Megami Tensei's, etc. that are exclusive to 3DS?  Great games are great games regardless of the system they are on.

• Like 2

Well since they don't mention any specific platform, I'm assuming that it's going to be for both Vita and PS4. That better be the case, anyway. :shakefist:

As long as they don't pull a Bandai Namco. xD

As much as I enjoyed VLR, 999 is far superior IMO (haven't gotten to ZTD yet).  I still own both games so I see no reason to repurchase them, but I am glad that others will have the chance to play 999.

As for the 3DS, it really doesn't make sense to me that anyone who loves the Vita wouldn't want one as well.  Most of the Vita fanatics here are big into Japanese games so why would you not want to play the Fire Emblem's, Phoenix Wright's, Shin Megami Tensei's, etc. that are exclusive to 3DS?  Great games are great games regardless of the system they are on.

For some the system is more important than the game. Can't say this is true for me as I'm having a fun time right now playing some DS-games on my 3DS. I could also purchase 999 for the DS but personally I find it more tempting to have the trilogy on one system/platform. Nonetheless your point about all the other games is valid, too. :)

• Like 1

Well since they don't mention any specific platform, I'm assuming that it's going to be for both Vita and PS4. That better be the case, anyway. :shakefist:

Physical on PS4/Vita, NA & EU!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/10/31/fight-for-survival-in-zero-escape-the-nonary-games-out-next-year-on-ps4-ps-vita/#comment-1186722

Yep, for both platforms and regions. And both games will be featured on one cart/disc:

Both games on one disc/cart!

https://twitter.com/Aksys_Danny/status/793172486347104256

So if I'm not mistaken it will be similar to all those trilogy/collection-releases from Sony or the Yomawari/htoL#NiQ-bundle.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/10/31/fight-for-survival-in-zero-escape-the-nonary-games-out-next-year-on-ps4-ps-vita/#comment-1186722

Yep, for both platforms and regions. And both games will be featured on one cart/disc:

https://twitter.com/Aksys_Danny/status/793172486347104256

So if I'm not mistaken it will be similar to all those trilogy/collection-releases from Sony or the Yomawari/htoL#NiQ-bundle.

That's great news. Would I be pushing my luck if I asked for a separate 999 physical release? :D

I'm still a little confused as to why we're getting a re-release of VLR on Vita, and why PS4 isn't getting ZTD, but I guess I can live with that.

• Like 1

I'm still a little confused as to why we're getting a re-release of VLR on Vita, and why PS4 isn't getting ZTD, but I guess I can live with that.

Who cares? Vita is the only proper platform to play this on anyways and ZTD already released on the Vita so it's perfectly fine :awesome:.

• Like 1

YES! This made me so happy!

I played Zero Time Dilemma earlier this year and loved it, and was bummed to find out neither of the earlier games were available on PC. At this point, I've already started playing 999 on a NDS emulator, but I still had no way of playing VLR. Plus, I won't mind replaying 999 for voice acting :)

Edited by QuentinCle95

I've been hearing about this game for a while now. is it anything as interesting as Danganronpa? (character and story wise mostly)

It's superior. =D

>English voices

>region lock

999 will have japanese dub right ? That's the only thing i care about on the new reelease of 999 .

Sure.

With Santa as Onii-sama :awesome:

• Like 1

>English voices

>region lock

In the grand scheme of things great games immerse us in their atmospheres, have us laughing and crying with a cast of interesting characters, suck us into an intriguing plot with story telling and dialogue, and give us interesting and varied things to do.  Seems a shame to miss out because of language and region, but whatever floats your boat.

In the grand scheme of things great games immerse us in their atmospheres, have us laughing and crying with a cast of interesting characters, suck us into an intriguing plot with story telling and dialogue, and give us interesting and varied things to do.  Seems a shame to miss out because of language and region, but whatever floats your boat.

Don't get me wrong, I would jump at any chance to play new Fire Emblem (I did emulate some old ones) but they are not enough reason for me to purchase 3DS. (I already cleared all SMTs I wanted. I'm only mildly interested in IV).

If Ninty does bring some of their IPs to mobile as they plan to, I'll be the first to get them ;)

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, I would jump at any chance to play new Fire Emblem (I did emulate some old ones) but they are not enough reason for me to purchase 3DS. (I already cleared all SMTs I wanted. I'm only mildly interested in IV).

If Ninty does bring some of their IPs to mobile as they plan to, I'll be the first to get them ;)

That is good to hear.  I was hoping you weren't dismissing entire franchises just because of those two things.  Ever think about getting a Japanese 3DS and importing the games you want to play?

That is good to hear.  I was hoping you weren't dismissing entire franchises just because of those two things.  Ever think about getting a Japanese 3DS and importing the games you want to play?

Sure, definitely. Especially when they announced the blue Persona bundle.

However, with all the additional charges, it would be double the normal 3DS and I'm not even talking about the price of 3DS games. Ninty games never drop in price, it's crazy =D

• Like 1

However, with all the additional charges, it would be double the normal 3DS and I'm not even talking about the price of 3DS games. Ninty games never drop in price, it's crazy =D

Get the New 3DS ! It's so much worth buying , i want to get more games for the systems but the price tag of games that remains almost like launch price it 's a bit stepdown to get more games and faster :D

I've playing the 3DS a bit each day and haven't touch my Vita library for weeks .

Agree with you there.  You never see sales on the eShop like you do on PSN and there is no use waiting on a sale for first party stuff as it just won't happen. Just know if you do pick one up at some point, there will be lots of great RPG's waiting for you (even if SMTIV doesn't interest you that much, Devil Survivor 2 is absolutely fantastic, particularly if you enjoy SRPG's like Fire Emblem).

On topic - hoping that those that haven't played 999 yet don't taint the experience with 999: The Novel. The feeling of solving the final puzzle as all of the story revelations came crashing down is easily one of my favorite moments in gaming.