Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zombiekillerkel

Crashing issues?

3 posts in this topic

Not sure if this is only on my end, or if it's something else that's been happening to other people.

I was just about to finish the Infamy case when suddenly, the game crashed and gave me the CE-34878-0 error. I tried to reload my saves from earlier, but before they can load, they just crash, too. I've tried the home remedies for this specific error (restarting the game/console, un/reinstalling the game, etc) to no avail.

I'm really, really enjoying this game, so I'm pretty disappointed being stuck halfway through. Even contacted Frogwares about this, but have yet to hear back. (And you know it's bad when you actually send the damn PSN error report)

Just curious if anybody else is having this problem - it's literally never happened to me with any other game before, and I've had this console for about a year and a half.

Not sure if this is only on my end, or if it's something else that's been happening to other people.

I was just about to finish the Infamy case when suddenly, the game crashed and gave me the CE-34878-0 error. I tried to reload my saves from earlier, but before they can load, they just crash, too. I've tried the home remedies for this specific error (restarting the game/console, un/reinstalling the game, etc) to no avail.

I'm really, really enjoying this game, so I'm pretty disappointed being stuck halfway through. Even contacted Frogwares about this, but have yet to hear back. (And you know it's bad when you actually send the damn PSN error report)

Just curious if anybody else is having this problem - it's literally never happened to me with any other game before, and I've had this console for about a year and a half.

I don't think there is anything you can really do but start a new save. I had a similar problem with the same error code on How to Survive: Storm Warning Edition where the game would would get super choppy and then crash and there was no way for me to fix it and I haven't bothered trying a new save file yet. I loaded the save 15-20 different times trying to take different paths or whatever I could but it would always crash around 5 minutes into the game.

I also have been getting the same error code every once in awhile when I am playing Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition but I have read about that being an issue with nearly everyone that played the game. It doesn't continually crash like your issue or mine on How to Survive. After doing some digging online the info I had found seemed to point to that error code means a bug in the games software and not the PS4 or it's firmware itself.

Do you have the stock HDD installed or did you put in a bigger one? Things I had read mentioned that.

I don't think there is anything you can really do but start a new save. I had a similar problem with the same error code on How to Survive: Storm Warning Edition where the game would would get super choppy and then crash and there was no way for me to fix it and I haven't bothered trying a new save file yet. I loaded the save 15-20 different times trying to take different paths or whatever I could but it would always crash around 5 minutes into the game.

I also have been getting the same error code every once in awhile when I am playing Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition but I have read about that being an issue with nearly everyone that played the game. It doesn't continually crash like your issue or mine on How to Survive. After doing some digging online the info I had found seemed to point to that error code means a bug in the games software and not the PS4 or it's firmware itself.

Do you have the stock HDD installed or did you put in a bigger one? Things I had read mentioned that.

Ugh... I said I liked the game, but I'm not sure if I like it that much u__u (Oh, well! It won't kill me to see my favorite detective being cinematically dorky twice)

Admittedly was a little concerned it might be my console itself, but I played another game and found no issues, so it's relieving and validating to hear that, thank you. I've heard this game is particularly buggy on PC, so if that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised if the port took a few blows, itself. (Sleeping Dogs, huh? Good game, sorry you're having issues with it. Hope it's still playable!)

Nah, just stock. Don't know much about hardware and don't mess with it, haha.