Platisfaction

Guide of the Year Awards 2016

81 posts in this topic

And here are the juicy prizes! :holy:

Winner $300 in PSN vouchers Runner Up $200 in PSN vouchers Third $100 in PSN vouchers

How did you manage to insert a table in the forums? Also is it just me or did the prizes change?

Wow! Humongous prizes!

Presumably the $ amount would be translated into £/EUR/whatever if the winner is on a different PSN Store?

Also, what's the policy vis-a-vis guides that were published in previous years, but recently edited or improved?

Also, what's the policy vis-a-vis guides that were published in previous years, but recently edited or improved?

AFAIK edited/improved guides from previous years don't count.

Sly did this magic, both with the table and the prizes :holy:

Sly how did you insert a table, please share.

• Starting on 1st December, the community will be able to nominate guides which are worthy to be considered for the GotY Award. A thread will be created for this purpose. You will be required to give solid reasons for your choice. Every guide published between December 2 2014 and December 1 2015 will be eligible. This also means we will definitely break the 400-guides-a-year mark.

Is that an error, or are we only looking at last years guides?

Looks like they copy pasted from last year's thread! Good spot!

No, that's not an error, that's how we did it last year as well. Otherwise the number of guides to choose from would be too overwhelming. And it's called Guide of the Year for a reason. :P

Edit: Shit, now I see what you mean. I was sure to have changed that...

Edited by Platisfaction

No, that's not an error, that's how we did it last year as well. Otherwise the number of guides to choose from would be too overwhelming. And it's called Guide of the Year for a reason. :P

Edit: Shit, now I see what you mean. I was sure to have changed that...

I like the subtle jab at my intelligence first lol :).  It looks right now.  I love that this has gotten big enough that there are now some excellent prizes.  I feel honoured to have been part of the first annual Guide of the Year awards.  Maybe one day I will work on making another that is worth entering again.  I wish all the entrants the best of luck this year.

I like the subtle jab at my intelligence first lol :).

lol, sorry about that, maybe it helps you to know that I feel incredibly dumb now. xD  Thanks for the heads up!

Whoa, those prizes! :holy: Also, do the guides need to be all listed out and linked like last year? I have no problem with doing that again to make it easy for people to see what guides can be nominated for this year.

Damn, awesome prizes! Can't wait :yay:

Damn those prizes are great, makes me sad that most of my guides are dumb low effort shovelware. Maybe I need to scrape together something good in this next month.

Whoa, those prizes! :holy: Also, do the guides need to be all listed out and linked like last year? I have no problem with doing that again to make it easy for people to see what guides can be nominated for this year.

Sure, that would be great :D.

Third annual! This has been a really good year for guides. Good luck everyone! :)

Cool, I'll get started on it soon and put everything under a spoiler in this post.

Awesome, good luck :D.

Most unread guide of the year goes to... me-_-  No one plays Kinetica.

Congratulations!

You win...

welp, nothing, but congrats anyway :awesome:

(And don't worry, my weeb guides have even less :D)

(And don't worry, my weeb guides have even less :D)

It doesn't mean they aren't appreciated. ;)

Whenever I think about importing a game, I'll first ask myself "I wonder if Satoshi has made a guide on this?". If no, then I'm less likely to get it. :P

I have a guide with less views than that :P In my case, it's because VN's usually get more views on the other trophy sites (even though their guides tend to be inferior... at least among the ones I've used.)