Trophies not unlocking

KamakuraHero

Hello everyone, i've bought Metro: Last Light complete edition and i have a hard time unlocking two trophies and i'm on my third playthrough now :(!

The trophies are " Diver" and "Shadow". I know i've met the requirements for both of them numerous times but still no result.  For "Diver" i've fallen in the same spot in the swamp (resulting the shrimps kill me the second time and restarting checkpoint), waiting for the safe period to come and falling ten times in a row without dying in the same spot, in different spots, even i did it in another chapter as well...still nothing! For "Shadow" i did what i could find in various trophy guides, did it with throwing knives only, did it in 3-4 different chapters by killing 2-3 enemies and restarting checkpoint and also in the "Bandits" chapter by killing more then 20 in a row and....still nothing.

I have even delete save data and starting again, but nothing seems to change. My last resort is to delete everything and go to rent the physical standard copy. Did someone had a similar problem and what did you do? Any thought or ideas are welcome.

Thanks in advance...

• Like 1

Hello everyone, i've bought Metro: Last Light complete edition and i have a hard time unlocking two trophies and i'm on my third playthrough now :(!

The trophies are " Diver" and "Shadow". I know i've met the requirements for both of them numerous times but still no result.  For "Diver" i've fallen in the same spot in the swamp (resulting the shrimps kill me the second time and restarting checkpoint), waiting for the safe period to come and falling ten times in a row without dying in the same spot, in different spots, even i did it in another chapter as well...still nothing! For "Shadow" i did what i could find in various trophy guides, did it with throwing knives only, did it in 3-4 different chapters by killing 2-3 enemies and restarting checkpoint and also in the "Bandits" chapter by killing more then 20 in a row and....still nothing.

I have even delete save data and starting again, but nothing seems to change. My last resort is to delete everything and go to rent the physical standard copy. Did someone had a similar problem and what did you do? Any thought or ideas are welcome.

Thanks in advance...

I have the platinum for the Redux version on PS4 and didn't have any issue with the trophies myself.

• 1 month later...

yes,its official,the ps3 complete edition doesnt unlock those 2 tropies at all,however from what i've heard/searched,looks like the normal version does unlock them,by doing the usual requirements,i hope this helped (i have the same problem and i didnt buy the normal version yet to confirm it sorry)

• 4 weeks later...

Little note about "Diver" and "Shadow" trophies in digital version of "Complete Edition" - they are absolutely unobtainable, because our ukrainians "non brothers" (as they call themselves), who developed this game, doesn't give a f*ck about fixing bugs. That's they're "old good tradition".

But i found a solution how to bypass this crappy situation.

Please, be aware, that you need a PS+ subscription, because it's the only way to have a copy of your save file. Another important note - save all important savefiles and sync trophies before proceeding next steps

What i did - completed the game (i spend few hours in the game, trying to achieve those two trophies with no luck). Copied save file to a cloud storage (additional note - ater you copied save file you WON'T be able to redownload it to your console in a next 24 hours >_<). Formatted HDD, restoring system default settings. Reconfigured console as i'd liked to and restored my PSN account. DO NOT restore your trophies by any means! Your console should not have any trophies at all.

After that - go into PSStore, download the game, install it, copy your save file back to PS3 from cloud storage, and disconnect PS3 from network, turning OFF Wi-Fi or removing Ethernet cable. After that start the game (game will install trophies), load desired level (I achieved Diver trophy in the Echoes level - like in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3OfvGAcVkY), achieve both trophies and only after that - sync your trophy list.

Starting new game on freshly restored console is not an option. As i did understand (and confirmed by myself) - any trophy unlocked before "Diver" and/or "Shadow" lock both of them.

Edited by Raniel-Atero
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
On 06/01/2017 at 10:19 AM, Raniel-Atero said:

Little note about "Diver" and "Shadow" trophies in digital version of "Complete Edition" - they are absolutely unobtainable, because our ukrainians "non brothers" (as they call themselves), who developed this game, doesn't give a f*ck about fixing bugs. That's they're "old good tradition".

But i found a solution how to bypass this crappy situation.

Please, be aware, that you need a PS+ subscription, because it's the only way to have a copy of your save file. Another important note - save all important savefiles and sync trophies before proceeding next steps

What i did - completed the game (i spend few hours in the game, trying to achieve those two trophies with no luck). Copied save file to a cloud storage (additional note - ater you copied save file you WON'T be able to redownload it to your console in a next 24 hours >_<). Formatted HDD, restoring system default settings. Reconfigured console as i'd liked to and restored my PSN account. DO NOT restore your trophies by any means! Your console should not have any trophies at all.

After that - go into PSStore, download the game, install it, copy your save file back to PS3 from cloud storage, and disconnect PS3 from network, turning OFF Wi-Fi or removing Ethernet cable. After that start the game (game will install trophies), load desired level (I achieved Diver trophy in the Echoes level - like in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3OfvGAcVkY), achieve both trophies and only after that - sync your trophy list.

Starting new game on freshly restored console is not an option. As i did understand (and confirmed by myself) - any trophy unlocked before "Diver" and/or "Shadow" lock both of them.

I was wondering if deleting my user and recreating it would do the same as formatting my system. Let me explain: if you delete your PS3 user and then recreate a new one, you have no trophies until you sync them. So deleting user -> create new user -> login on PSN -> download save file -> play the game with no trophies -> select chapters and complete both shadow and diver trophies -> sync trophies should produce the same effect? Formatting the HDD takes forever, so if anyone can confirm that this method works would be awesome!

EDIT: I can confirm that my method doesn't work!

Doing my steps I could start a game with my save file and a 0% trophy list, but I could not earn none of the bugged trophies. So I tried to earn any other easy trophy and could not earn it either. So I think that even the trophy list being at 0%, the game still manages to save some information of the trophies. Well... formatting my HDD right now.

Edited by Ravers

• 3 years later...
On 27/09/2018 at 6:54 PM, bani24jj said:

Hi everyone I have a doubt. The digital standard edition has the same problems than the digital complete edition? 

A note for anyone else thinking about playing this version: the standard digital edition works fine.  I unlocked both trophies no problem.  This is the version given away free with PS Plus.

• 5 months later...

So this bug only applies in the Complete Edition but not the Standard Edition? I have the Standard one purchased first and then separately purchased the remaining DLCs.

Edited by DearieHimemori

• 1 month later...