PSN Messages now available from playstation.com

HeySumbode

Via the PS Blog EU/US

Starting today, if you head to PlayStation.com and log in to your PSN account, you’ll see a new toolbar in the top right where you’ll be able to view Notifications, Messages, Friends, and your own mini-profile — all from your computer’s web browser. This makes it easier to stay connected when you’re away from your console.

30661850716_ec31fdce44_z.jpg

Your Friends list will be fully accessible via the toolbar, giving you a snapshot of which friends are online before you hop into a game. The Messages tab includes the ability to send and receive stickers, images, text, and voice messages all from the web.

It's a small new feature, but it might be useful. I don't think it's live for EU as yet.

Edited by HeySumbode
  • Like 2

Very, very nice. It's about damn time. Now I can directly invite boosters to Discord -- the superior communication service that everyone should be using.

Seriously, folks -- if you use the PS App (and refuse better apps) expecting efficient boosting, you're part of the problem.

The less I have to use that PlayStation Messages app, the better! :D I can see this being useful, assuming it works correctly that is... Well lets face it, that's not gonna happen. :P

This should have been available from the start.

That's true with pretty much every update PlayStation does. :giggle:

Edited by Undead Wolf

I could do without the social BS PS4 is pulling :awesome:

I KNOW! Every time I go on my PS4 (when my Vita is on charge, obviously), I always get prompted to join something, or make friends with someone, or watch a stream. Just let me play my damn singleplayer video games in peace, okay!? :awesome:

And white notifications :|

I can't believe they haven't changed those back yet. I mean nobody actually likes them, do they? :P

I die a little inside every time I see one of those monstrosities pop up. -_-

• Like 1

(when my Vita is on charge, obviously), 

You seriously need to learn to play while charging :awesome:

I KNOW! Every time I go on my PS4 (when my Vita is on charge, obviously), I always get prompted to join something, or make friends with someone, or watch a stream. Just let me play my damn singleplayer video games in peace, okay!? :awesome:

>singleplayer

>games

What is that? Asks PS4 :awesome:

I can't believe they haven't changed those back yet. I mean nobody actually likes them, do they? :P

I'm still on 0 notifications fortunately, still hoping for the switch back, lol =D

You seriously need to learn to play while charging :awesome:

I know, I know. :P I just have some weird feeling like it's not good for the battery or something. I have no idea if this is actually true or not. It probably isn't. I just don't want to hurt my Vita. :(

Besides, whenever I do play when it's charging, it always feels kinda awkward and heavy. I like my freedom of movement. xD

I know, I know. :P I just have some weird feeling like it's not good for the battery or something. I have no idea if this is actually true or not. It probably isn't. I just don't want to hurt my Vita. :(

I'm always playing and I feel my battery's been actually getting better :awesome:

But that's me and my Vita-tan, results may vary :awesome:

• Like 1

Very, very nice. It's about damn time. Now I can directly invite boosters to Discord -- the superior communication service that everyone should be using.

Seriously, folks -- if you use the PS App (and refuse better apps) expecting efficient boosting, you're part of the problem.

My boosting using PS Messages has always worked perfectly. Seems like you're part of a whole other problem.

• Like 2

My boosting using PS Messages has always worked perfectly. Seems like you're part of a whole other problem.

The app is serviceable for some types of boosting, but is entirely inferior to something like Discord which by comparison makes the app nothing but a liability.

Looking at your profile, you don't seem to have any trophies that require much boosting coordination. When you attempt something like Arkham Origins, or the AEOTM trophy from AC Brotherhood, then you will understand what I mean.

Edited by Thropy_Hore

I see You and almost Everybody else Really don't like it xD

Well here Ps4 Got in the house after that Update so it's white from the beginning from me so i guess i can't really compare to complain for it if not screenshots on the web :P

The app is serviceable for some types of boosting, but is entirely inferior to something like Discord which by comparison makes the app nothing but a liability.

Looking at your profile, you don't seem to have any trophies that require much boosting coordination. When you attempt something like Arkham Origins, or the AEOTM trophy from AC Brotherhood, then you will understand what I mean.

I boosted AEOTM trophy BEFORE the PS Message app even existed! How so? Thankfully, with intelligent gamers.

Any chance I can get extra credit though?

I boosted AEOTM trophy BEFORE the PS Message app even existed! How so? Thankfully, with intelligent gamers.

Any chance I can get extra credit though?

Then consider yourself lucky, sir. Half my ACB boosting peers weren't proficient English speakers/readers, and the other half were completely clueless as to the trophy requirements.

I ended up having to get my friend to re-download ACB and help me out. We talked over Skype and got it easily first try. Same goes for another otherwise clueless booster that joined my Skype call.

Everyone that joined my Discord chat was boasting about how vastly superior it is to the App, which we were initially using.

Then consider yourself lucky, sir. Half my ACB boosting peers weren't proficient English speakers/readers, and the other half were completely clueless as to the trophy requirements.

I ended up having to get my friend to re-download ACB and help me out. We talked over Skype and got it easily first try. Same goes for another otherwise clueless booster that joined my Skype call.

Everyone that joined my Discord chat was boasting about how vastly superior it is to the App, which we were initially using.

You sir have a really nice friend if he downloaded this game just to help you out.

Just saying  :)

You sir have a really nice friend if he downloaded this game just to help you out.

Just saying  :)

Eh I suppose, but sometimes he can be a straight kunt. He's a racist Frenchman and thinks he's above everyone that doesn't match his ethnicity or trophy prowess (despite the fact that he only plays ez trash games).

See for yourself.

Edited by Thropy_Hore

Trust me, i know I am lucky!

It was hard enough getting everyone on the same page in the "Stunapalooza sessions" to level up to 50.

If AEOTM is in the new PS4 Ezio collection, I'm out.

Trust me, i know I am lucky!

It was hard enough getting everyone on the same page in the "Stunapalooza sessions" to level up to 50.

If AEOTM is in the new PS4 Ezio collection, I'm out.

Thankfully there won't be MP in the remasters  :D SP only.

• Like 1