PSN Messages now available from playstation.com

HeySumbode

I think this is a good update, PS App on PC is something I'd wanted for quite a long time.

Was waiting for this. Hopefully now i won't need to open BlueStacks (because i have no smartphone, huh) or any console to message my friends. The US link works with my Italian account, but i'll patiently wait for the actual EU counterpart.

I previously used Bluestacks for sending messages also. It didn't always run too well, typing often lagged, so hopefully with this new website that will no longer be a problem. However, I'm not sure about uninstalling Bluestacks as this website doesn't show any notifications when you receive a message... if it did, then I probably would uninstall.    

• 2 weeks later...

These messages usually come as "unread" on the real system, like PS3. Weird :hmm:... 

The same happens if you post with Vita or PS4.

PS3 is unfortunately very annoying in this aspect. 

Once you have PS3 and something else, it's best to keep deleting your inbox whenever you log into PS3 if you mind the message icon.

• Like 1

A nice addition to their site. Definitely a step forward. Would be nicer if this heads toward a actually PSN launcher. Something maybe similar to steam, or even any kind of crappy launcher to start. With PS Now kicking off dor awhile it would be nice to have a standalone psn messaging software. But i dont see myself using this messaging thru site. Luckily ps app runs fine enough for me. Though I have heard otherwise for some.

• 5 months later...

I know this is an old thread but I wasn't sure if I should make a new thread for this problem I have come across:

For some reason It says "You haven't received any messages yet" when I'm signed in on the computer? A month ago I saw I had a bunch of messages on the

playstation.com site but now they have all disappeared. Right now I'm in a group chat getting at least 10 messages a day that show up unread when I log on to the PS3 so I know I have messages. Anyone know what has happened? My brother's PSN when signed in on the web site says the exact same thing. I have tried on 2 different browsers too.