Yamcha & Krillin Training Trophies

Adamdudepure

Does anyone know if these two events are purely based on random chance for appearing? I swear when I first started the game they were popping up all the time, I got through about 5 of each of them and now I am only seeing a Yamcha event maybe every 15-20 quests. Do they get more rare as you go on? Or is it the return of shitty RNG?

Does anyone know if these two events are purely based on random chance for appearing? I swear when I first started the game they were popping up all the time, I got through about 5 of each of them and now I am only seeing a Yamcha event maybe every 15-20 quests. Do they get more rare as you go on? Or is it the return of shitty RNG?

I can't say for certain, all I know is once Elder Kai tells me one is doing special training, I essentially drop what I'm doing and head there to get it done.

Cant say for certain either, but to judge everything after completing PQ is a bad view point (especially when you actually correct the situation by realizing they probably seem more active in the beginning because of the shorter story quest in the beginning with their "breaks"- putting you back into the hub world auto. Because youre definitely not doing PQ in the beginning as there isnt enough to justify doing for exp or self-satisfication). PQ are generally short and thus only a short bit of time has passed.

But yes, it is RNG based.

Side note: Krillen's Special Training, when you actually get get, you can viably skip consistently without screwing up the event. When I mastered the skip, I was able to efficiently complete the training without any unnecessary tedious walking/slow sessions as some of yall had.

Another tip, you can use the fast travel robots during Yamcha's training to get around or back faster and then score more TP Medals.

Yea, I am hoping its some weird RNG, I finished the Yamcha trophy but I have honestly not seen a Krillin event in the longest time (at least 50 PQs/time rift events/main story quests). I still have 60% of PQs to get through so I am hoping they will start popping up again. 

As for the Krillin training itself, you need to press X right when your foot comes back down and touches the ground, I believe the game will force you to drop the milk if you do not press X at all. I found focusing on just my right foot coming back down (so every 2nd step), made this very easy. There is even some room to mess up where if you are off with the X timing it wont fail you but wont give you the boost either. You can also not press X for a couple of steps if you need to refocus yourself, but do not go too long without an attempt.

Yea, I am hoping its some weird RNG, I finished the Yamcha trophy but I have honestly not seen a Krillin event in the longest time (at least 50 PQs/time rift events/main story quests). I still have 60% of PQs to get through so I am hoping they will start popping up again. 

As for the Krillin training itself, you need to press X right when your foot comes back down and touches the ground, I believe the game will force you to drop the milk if you do not press X at all. I found focusing on just my right foot coming back down (so every 2nd step), made this very easy. There is even some room to mess up where if you are off with the X timing it wont fail you but wont give you the boost either. You can also not press X for a couple of steps if you need to refocus yourself, but do not go too long without an attempt.

That's wrong, I haven't pressed X once in almost 10 runs and I never dropped the milk, you do drop it if you bump into something or fall from a high place though.

• Like 1

That's wrong, I haven't pressed X once in almost 10 runs and I never dropped the milk, you do drop it if you bump into something or fall from a high place though.

I pressed x once... after like pressing it twice, or maybe it was three times, I dropped the milk and had to go back to Krillin again, even if I had delivered the milk.

But ah well, did his one, still waiting on Yamcha for one more training session (or two, I know I'm close with his).

I pressed x once... after like pressing it twice, or maybe it was three times, I dropped the milk and had to go back to Krillin again, even if I had delivered the milk.

But ah well, did his one, still waiting on Yamcha for one more training session (or two, I know I'm close with his).

Yeah, so? He was saying that if you never pressed the button the game would make you drop the milk, like it was forcing you to press X to complete the mini game, but it doesn't, you don't have to press it at all thus making the mini game easy.

And yeah, also had a huge drop of these events poping up later in the game.

Yeah, so? He was saying that if you never pressed the button the game would make you drop the milk, like it was forcing you to press X to complete the mini game, but it doesn't, you don't have to press it at all thus making the mini game easy.

And yeah, also had a huge drop of these events poping up later in the game.

Yup, still have the huge event drop.  Yamcha showed up again, finished that one, but still no trophy, which means I must be one off it by now (I don't think there's a way to track those events?)  But I do know that if it tells me Yamcha is doing training, I will go straight to him... I have been doing so anyway.

But I wonder, does anyone know if it carries over to a new characters, as in, you do 8 with one character, then the last 2 with another, if it'll work that way?

Yeah something messes up with the drop rate later on in the game. I finished 90 PQ's and collected the dragonballs 4 times. Krillin popped up twice during these 100+ encounters.

So what I did was go talk to Yamcha by the time nest, and I just kept replaying his first mission. Within 20 minutes I had Krillin pop up two more times and got the trophy. I think doing normal training with Yamcha prevents his special training from popping up and at the same time cycles the Krillin training faster.

Hope this helps somebody out there.

What I meant was I completed mission 1 of Yamcha's normal training something like 30 times and managed to get Krillin's special training to pop up twice. Each round took less than 1 minute (mostly loading time & Yamcha talking).

I was training with Yamcha specifically to force the game to pop up Krillin's special training instead of Yamcha's (since Yamcha has to stay in front of you once the training is over.) But I think you can do the reverse and normal train with Krillin if you want Yamcha special training to pop up.

OR THIS COULD ALL BE JUST ONE GIANT COINCIDENCE

Might be a coincidence, cause they took turns for me, as in, Yamcha, then Krillin, then Yamcha again, then Krillin once again so to speak.  But it seems to have gone down for sure, even with my second character.  So not sure what happens to cause the rng for this to go all "screw you" and make then an extreme rare case.

But at least I can work on other things before I get Yamcha's last special training mission anyway x.x

I know it usually alternates, but I believe that doing instructor training with Yamcha will force him to stay put instead of sending him over to the special training area, thus increasing chances of krillin special training to pop up.

This is end game stuff, keep playing normally and hope you get it all naturally, I am saying only try this if you are missing some when you are completely done everything else.

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2016 at 1:59 AM, DrakeHellsing said:

But I wonder, does anyone know if it carries over to a new characters, as in, you do 8 with one character, then the last 2 with another, if it'll work that way?

Have you found out the answer to this? I'm pretty much finished everything and they aren't spawning at all, kinda hoping that it does carry over at this rate.

13 minutes ago, LucileRose said:

Have you found out the answer to this? I'm pretty much finished everything and they aren't spawning at all, kinda hoping that it does carry over at this rate.

I've not gone back to it myself... I even did the character trophies for their transformations, I think Yamcha showed up once through all that time, but that was it.

• 7 months later...

Reviving an old thread here.

Can i choose another character and then get the yamcha missions with the new character to count toward the trophy, or does it have to be with the one character for it to count? 

This is my last trophy for platinum, i swear i must of reloaded the area for ages and still nothing. 

Edited by EternalChaos72

• 3 months later...