Best of the Best Trophy

Every walkthorugh or guide says Mile High Club is the hardest in this game. It is hard for sure, but there is actually reasonable room for error. I got the trophy, but my moves were by no means perfect.

So, I didn't worry about Best of the Best trophy as I thought it was easier than Mile High Club. Turned out I was wrong. The challenge allows no room for error. I tried 20+ times, and the best time I got so far is 17.2 after 3 seconds accuracy bonus. I don't think I can shave 2 more seconds. 

Anyone of the same opinion?

• Like 2

It's totally ridiculous

I've had perfect runs following that video but I'm still at 16 seconds

A good idea would have been the timer not starting until you actually have control

As the two seconds while rapelling fucks you

I finally got it

14.5 somehow

With a 2.5 bonus for accuracy

So that's that

Finally I can just play the fucking game

Edited by IMaySlayLizDaw94
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I agree, this trophy is so annoying. I tried for at least an hour, and the funniest part is there were multiple times where I'd get something like 15.4 seconds, but it wouldn't give me the necessary accuracy bonus to pass. I'd get like 2.8 and BARELY be missing the 15.1 mark. Eventually I got 15.05 seconds (yes I know it's close) with a 3 seconds accuracy bonus. 

Don't aim down guys, shoot from the hip. Make sure to hit 2 at once right at the start, either going right or left, it does not matter. He does not do this in the video above, since he's so fast at the rest it's not required. But for me that helped a lot. I did not even shoot the last 2 through the wall and made it. But if you decide to shoot through the wall, thats the only moment you need to aim down. At first I was waaaaaay off the required time, but following this described method I got it done in a few tries. If done correctly you wont need to change your gun at all. Practice makes perfect, dont give up!

This video below shows what I mean right in the beginning of the course:

Edited by Barriebar17

This trophy was a pain in the ass lol. Took me almost an hour to get since my aim sucks haha. Aim for the hip, and be fast.  Aiming down sights will affect your time.  Tbh this trophies kinda takes luck because in order to beat the time you need to have 100 percent accuracy while hip-firing. I was so relieved when I unlocked this.

Trying to get my first platinum on this game btw :)

• Like 1

Best I could get was 17.25 last night before my controller died and needed recharging lol. Just a quick thought did anyone grab the grenade launcher from the explosive pit across the road from Gaz's hangar? That may help.

On 1/18/2017 at 5:26 PM, JohnDavies350 said:

I've tried this over 100 times an closet i can get to is 15.4 seconds.

I'm borrowing my disc to my mate an getting him to do it.

I Cant do it.... it's by far the hardest trophy in the game imo

Nah mate that goes to Mile High Club.

On 1/18/2017 at 5:26 PM, JohnDavies350 said:

I've tried this over 100 times an closet i can get to is 15.4 seconds.

I'm borrowing my disc to my mate an getting him to do it.

I Cant do it.... it's by far the hardest trophy in the game imo

Nah mate that goes to Mile High Club

3 hours ago, N7_AXL said:

Best I could get was 17.25 last night before my controller died and needed recharging lol. Just a quick thought did anyone grab the grenade launcher from the explosive pit across the road from Gaz's hangar? That may help.

I tried but it didn't help at all.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried this for 2 hours last night and can't get under 19.05 seconds. I never get more than 1 for accuracy points. I have tried following PS4trophies and Powerpyx vids and can not duplicate what they do.

By the way I hate timed based trophies but I am determined to get it.

I did it starting with a rifle grenade through the first window with the orange tape on it, then switching to the smg. Couldn't of done it without it. You can get them from the optional explosives target range after slicing the melon, and before going to see Captain Price. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Not sure if your still have trouble with this...the key is at the last room...after you throw the flashbang you need to strafe right outside and walk backwards...you'll need to shoot the targets once they pop up through the plywood...you'll need to do a test run to see exactly where you need to shoot the plywood....then do a turn and sprint to the finish...you'll get it as long as you do the prior rooms flawlessly

EVERYTIME I do perfect run under 15sec for sure THEN the  damn sprint at the end won't stop the time!! Drives me craaazy already. Any other run is fine .. anyone issued this aswell ? Best time so far 15.15 lol

Edited by manotelikas
P.S. just done it .. no idea what was wrong to be honest
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, manotelikas said:

EVERYTIME I do perfect run under 15sec for sure THEN the  damn sprint at the end won't stop the time!! Drives me craaazy already. Any other run is fine .. anyone issued this aswell ? Best time so far 15.15 lol

I had it happen to me a few times were the clock didn't stop.

• 2 months later...

You know what. You guys are here saying you can't get below the time. I have done 14.1. 15.05. 14.85 and 14.75.. I still don't have the trophy. It hasn't popped for me at all and it's pissing me off. I did mile high club using the glitch method but that took me 2 attempts but such a hard trophy as this is ridiculous to do 4 times and not get it. I kept using last checkpoint.. does that affect it?

I used the pistol the whole way through. I didn't bother with shooting two at once. I went through knowing where the targets will be and throwing the grenades as soon as I killed the enemy before and I did do some shooting through the wood at the end and did it. 

Is the trophy glitched? 4 times is stupid to not get it.

9 hours ago, TxL_GaMeR said:

You know what. You guys are here saying you can't get below the time. I have done 14.1. 15.05. 14.85 and 14.75.. I still don't have the trophy. It hasn't popped for me at all and it's pissing me off. I did mile high club using the glitch method but that took me 2 attempts but such a hard trophy as this is ridiculous to do 4 times and not get it. I kept using last checkpoint.. does that affect it?

I used the pistol the whole way through. I didn't bother with shooting two at once. I went through knowing where the targets will be and throwing the grenades as soon as I killed the enemy before and I did do some shooting through the wood at the end and did it. 

Is the trophy glitched? 4 times is stupid to not get it.

Here's the solution :

1- copy your save into usb
2- delete your save on your account
3- Make a new game as if you had to play for the first time and voila! It's impossible that this method doesn't work, because that's how i got my trophy

Btw Mile high club on veteran
It makes me want to break my controller in two! What a ridiculous and stupid mission

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Get the M16A4 with grenade launcher from the explosive potion of the mission. As soon as you exit that first door and go outside, continue forward (to the other side of the road and you will see a man standing next to a desk. He will tell you to get some frags and throw them through some windoes, and after that you will grab an M16A4 off his desk. After getting the M16A4, head straigh for the ship training course. Take out the first 3 targets with the grenade launcher. The video of the FNG world record will give you the best idea.

Edit: My personal best time is 14.5 seconds. The M16A4 is pretty much a requirement for most.

Edited by schicic
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/19/2017 at 8:17 AM, maurjen said:

I finally got  Best of the Best with a time of 14.79 it was always the last part that keep troubling me

after two days of playing i usually get like 15.2 15.7 15.28 15.36 16.25 17.1 17.38

I finally got the trophy with a 14.9. Same here about the last part. I actually beat the record (14.85) and tied the record (15.1) before only to see the trophy not pop for some reason. I thought I got screwed. Now with that out of thew way, I can go for the Platinum.

On 1/22/2017 at 2:04 PM, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Nah mate that goes to Mile High Club.

Nah mate that goes to Mile High Club

I tried but it didn't help at all.

I thought the same thing yesterday. It does help, especially at the end where you have to hit the final 2 targets.