Best of the Best Trophy

For my part, I have gotten the trophy by having the MP5 near the rope, then switch to the pistol before rappelling down. It was my only one way to go faster and get 100% accuracy. By being fast enough and not missing any shot, I finished at 15.00 seconds, or 0.1 second under IW’s record.

P.S.: If you don’t get the trophy immediately, wait up a little while for it to unlock. Weirdly enough, my system and trophy notification went slow because of this game. It’s extremely ridiculous that this 10 years old game can take 70GB of space!

Edited by Maxie Mouse

• 5 weeks later...

2 hours of hearing Captain Price yell “go go go” damn this trophy was a pain I tied the record 15.1 no trophy a bunch of tries later boom 15.05.... I would say you may want to knock this trophy out first....because it might be the make it or break it for the platinum

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

If I can do it, then most people will be able to do it. I'm not an FPS ninja. It took me hours. Just a tip (probably obvious), if you know you're screwed early in just reload checkpoint. Saves so much time with retries. Anyway, I must have tried literally over 500x probably close to 1000x. Something just started to click. 

Brian's guide from PSTrophies got me through it. Just kept with the main gun, pointed down the barrel for first 3, hip shot the one down the stairs, down the barrel for second room and 3rd. Key is dropping in the 2nd flashbang and strafing out for the final shoot the last two down the barrel through the walls. Brian's guide about positioning those last shots helped so much.

As soon as I kept to this strategy I suddenly started getting consistent low 16's and 15's (assuming I didn't have to fast load checkpoint from silly mistakes near the start).

I cursed, I got 15.1 and equaled. I also got 15.15. And the I got a high 14 for the trophy. Thing is, it just started getting consistent all of a sudden. Be tenacious, don't give up, it will happen.

• 3 weeks later...

For me this was the first COD game I played on veteran I played it last gen but thanks to the FPS sickness issue I got I hurried it so now with this gen I no longer get ill from FPS I tried this I did great on veteran mile high club took near a day 

but this damn trophy is sitting there months later I have made it my goal to get this done and the plat in 2019 so far closet I have come is .5 off

• 2 months later...
On 21.10.2017 at 8:25 AM, schicic said:

Get the M16A4 with grenade launcher from the explosive potion of the mission. As soon as you exit that first door and go outside, continue forward (to the other side of the road and you will see a man standing next to a desk. He will tell you to get some frags and throw them through some windoes, and after that you will grab an M16A4 off his desk. After getting the M16A4, head straigh for the ship training course. Take out the first 3 targets with the grenade launcher. The video of the FNG world record will give you the best idea.

Edit: My personal best time is 14.5 seconds. The M16A4 is pretty much a requirement for most.

I used the M16A4 as well, but just at the end. I NEVER got the freakin target behind the wall right. Therefore I saved the grenade for the last two targets. You have to hit the one target directly to get both with one shot.

I took me like an hour but this lowers my final rating by a minimum of 2 as I felt no satisfaction at all. With the almost 9000 trophies I've already got, this could be the worst . No fun at all, no feeling of joy at all.

I envy the ones who only needed a few tries to get this trophy. I tried over a thousand times until I got it. The M203 was the key to my success. Here's the video with my playthrough. Even though I suck in FPS games, I managed a time of 14.75. So, if even I succeded, you guys may succed too =)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/3/2017 at 9:03 PM, Exanthiax said:

You know what. You guys are here saying you can't get below the time. I have done 14.1. 15.05. 14.85 and 14.75.. I still don't have the trophy. It hasn't popped for me at all and it's pissing me off. I did mile high club using the glitch method but that took me 2 attempts but such a hard trophy as this is ridiculous to do 4 times and not get it. I kept using last checkpoint.. does that affect it?

I used the pistol the whole way through. I didn't bother with shooting two at once. I went through knowing where the targets will be and throwing the grenades as soon as I killed the enemy before and I did do some shooting through the wood at the end and did it. 

Is the trophy glitched? 4 times is stupid to not get it.

i know this post is old but for future people, the trophies pop hella slow in this game so if you beat the time just wait for it to pop

btw did they patch out the grenade launcher or something

edit nevermind got it, the grenade launcher is across from the shooting range. but it doesnt detonate if your to close. i ended up finding the best way for me was using g36, its best at hip fire and penetration. no matter how many times i tried the grenade launcher it just wouldnt do the trick. my key was making sure i hit the last target by shooting through the 2nd wood panel outside of the course to make sure i hit it. i ended up with exactly 15.1 and just waited for the trophy to pop

Edited by melodicmizery

• 1 month later...

Man what a bastard of a trophy. I tried for an hour the other night but didn't come remotely close. Knocked it off within half an hour today though. Twice I hit 15.5 and my accuracy bonus was only 2.4, but then down to a shear "perfect" run, I managed to pull off a 14 flat. 

My one tip? Don't rush. I mean, yeah okay you need to be quick, but there is some slight leniency to take that split second to line up a shot or flashbang a little better. I got bogged down in the first flashbang room a bit and then always missed the final target through the wall as I was trying to back out towards the finish too quickly 

• 2 months later...

MAN this is a rough one. For two days my poor wife had to listen to me mutter and snarl under my breath while Captain Price shouted at me. Last night she randomly blurted out "hit the tah-get" during dinner and I'm like bro what am I doing with my life...

Finally got it this afternoon, along with my first cod platinum! No more angrily knifing the last target in the room or emptying clips in a rage after failed attempts for me!

I have no tips that aren't already in this thread, I just wanted to share what an exhilarating trophy this was to knock out. Whew!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2021 at 2:49 PM, YaManSmevz said:

MAN this is a rough one. For two days my poor wife had to listen to me mutter and snarl under my breath while Captain Price shouted at me. Last night she randomly blurted out "hit the tah-get" during dinner and I'm like bro what am I doing with my life...

Finally got it this afternoon, along with my first cod platinum! No more angrily knifing the last target in the room or emptying clips in a rage after failed attempts for me!

I have no tips that aren't already in this thread, I just wanted to share what an exhilarating trophy this was to knock out. Whew!

I actually thought the training course in MW2 Remastered was harder. Took me three hours to get that trophy, whereas Best of the Best took me around a hour - hour and a half to get done.

• Like 1

Yeah this took me about 3 hours as well with MP5 method. I ended up combining a few tips from different guides. Like only hip fire kill, never aim down scope and don't bother too line up shot to kill 2 in first room, it just slows you down and stops you sprinting. 

Make sure you sprint and jump from top of first set stairs to bottom. Shoot target at bottom of stairs while your in mid air. Cook grenade early as soon as you hit the ground. Throw grenade under desk in first room so you can enter early without being flashed.

Also take it a little slow coming out of last room to make sure you don't clip walls and hit targets ? percent through wall, your better off being closer to targets than too far away for accuracy.

My big tip I came up with, don't just turn around and run once outside last room. Instead swing around, jump and knife melee to extend reach to finish line. May give you a extra less .5 secs, which can make all the difference. You can probably use a similar method in the MW2 speed run.

I uploaded my final time to YouTube doing this method. I was stoked when I finally got it too, one of the more rewarding plats Ive done in a while.

Edited by SlipingJimmy
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if its just me, but I found this trophy pretty easy... I used the PS4Trophies (PS5Trophies now) video and did it in like ~20-30 minutes, not too much frustration. The trick where you shoot the last target through the wall really helped after I got the position down. I also agree that the MW2 Remastered one was harder, probably spent like 2-3 hours on that one, because you have to line up shots for double kills and avoid civilians etc.

On 1/28/2021 at 8:58 PM, AJ_Radio said:

I actually thought the training course in MW2 Remastered was harder. Took me three hours to get that trophy, whereas Best of the Best took me around a hour - hour and a half to get done.

Haha I wondered about that! I was thinkin about goin on a MW tear until I saw that trophy, and since there was a LOT of luck involved in my MW1 plat (mile high club and one shot namely) I kinda wussed out on MW2.

Who am I kidding though, that shit's happenin?

• 5 months later...

I finally came back to this game to Plat it. This was my last trophy. I estimate this took me about 90 minutes of non-stop trying.

I used the grenade launcher method. It definitely helped to get through the first room quicker than just using the required gun. If i missed the grenade sweet spot I reset the checkpoint.

Like most, at first I had no idea how I would shave 2 seconds off what i could consistently do. For me it was the frag releases and the end section. You will ultimately get a run when you don't hit any doorways and you will do it. Ended up with a 17.8 second run less a 3 second bonus for a total time of 14.8.

I remember the MW2 course being a lot harder. Debating whether to load up MW2 campaign remastered! ?

Edited by espjh2

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 18/01/2017 at 10:37 PM, Barriebar17 said:

Don't aim down guys, shoot from the hip. Make sure to hit 2 at once right at the start, either going right or left, it does not matter. He does not do this in the video above, since he's so fast at the rest it's not required. But for me that helped a lot. I did not even shoot the last 2 through the wall and made it. But if you decide to shoot through the wall, thats the only moment you need to aim down. At first I was waaaaaay off the required time, but following this described method I got it done in a few tries. If done correctly you wont need to change your gun at all. Practice makes perfect, dont give up!

This video below shows what I mean right in the beginning of the course:

This method for me has been the worst one so far. Running and the things that get in the way are the main problem. This method gets me 19 seconds everytime, specially when i jump down the stairs, i always hit something.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Not played this game since the 360 era and managed to get the 1000G after a couple of years. Great game though. Cannot believe it now has exploits to make things easier though lol. 

That being said, Mile High was never my problem, it was No Fighting in the War Room and Best of the Best. Bought the remastered version last night and straight away something felt off. 

I don't know if its just because I haven't played since around 2009, but man the controls feel hyper sensitive. I had a couple of quick goes at Best of the Best but couldn't get better than 29 seconds or something lol. Will no doubt get there in the end, but I'd rather get this out of the way than have it hanging around until the last requirement to pop. 

But the whole sequence makes no sense because of the accuracy bonus. It takes away from the more realism that the rest of the game aims for. I remember years back when I did get achievement, I was trying and trying and on my final attempt I hit 16 seconds and had enough but then the achievement popped. It turned out the accuracy bonus took me to something like 13.7 seconds and it just made no sense. It would have made more sense to just say beat Gaz's time of 19 seconds without implementing an accuracy bonus feature.  

EDIT

Had a few more attempts and my best so far is 18.8. My main problems are the flashbang sections and trying not to smash into the sides of the door frames and getting stuck. Hard though because the sensitivity makes it feel like you're running on ice. I also hate the stop-start running button clicking, forgot how bad that was even for the original. Just got to get used to it, but going to take a break now. Same thing over and over burns me right out these days. 

EDIT

Went back after a couple of hours break. Took a few goes to get out of the 20's but then went 19's, 18's and then 17.75 before dipping down back to the mid to late 20's. Taking another break. In all those attempts I only nailed the stairs and flash lob probably once, so I still have to get better at that as well as the other flash lob... as well as not getting stuck in door frames. I'm starting to think Soap is fatter than me.

EDIT

Went back after a couple of hours and was getting the 18's for a while. Then I hit 16, then I got 15.75... Gutted. Since then it was back to mid 20's to 17's. Forgot just how tough this section was man. Mile High was all the talk back on release, but even back then I only ever did this once where Mile High I did plenty of times. Calling it a day. Will stop with the edits too haha. 

Edited by DanteIshimura