Will PS4PRO affect PS4NORMAL on future ?

Natsuu24

I saw it as there will be another PlayStation after the Pro, but it might not be called the 'PS5' exactly. Similarly with the Scorpio, I don't think it will be officially called this, but I also don't think Xbox Two sounds good either, lol.

I don't see why it wouldn't be called a PS5. Why change it up now? It was more likely that the PS4 was going to have a different name, because in Japanese, the number 4 can be pronounced the same as the word "death", and it's seen as unlucky. That didn't stop them though. I like the PlayStation naming scheme. It keeps things simple. The naming scheme for Xbox on the other hand is awful. I mean who calls the third Xbox an Xbox One? What were they smoking? :P

Edited by Undead Wolf

Honestly i would say no, I mean look at the developers that are currently patching there game right now. There really only slapping on a 4K upscaled resolution or Supersampling, sure some developers might use the extra GPU power for graphic fidelity

purpose or better framerate, and some AA but overall  i don't think dev's will bother upgrading there games any further then that.

I'm pretty sure i heard the CPU is basically an overclock off there current PS4, not sure if that is correct but someone might want to correct me. But in all honesty i don't think devs are gonna put the extra time and resource just to make it look a little prettier.

I think it'll just be about 4K and HDR, So if you don't have a 4K TV with HDR support i really don't see a point. Sure there are some benefits for HDTV'S users but i wouldn't loose sleep over it.

But a visual novel? LMAO. DAT 4K RESOLUTION WILL MAKE THE TEXT POP OUT OF THE SCREEN AND DANCE ALL OVER YOUR ROOM!

OMG YES! HDR FONT! 4K TEXT BOXES!

Nah, its gonna be "Want the platinum trophy?  This feature and trophy only works with the Pro." from developers.

Pro way of earning trophies.

I like it.

And there wont be a PS5, just PSN.

PlayStation No Games?

I thought we had PS4 for that.

Nah, it's PS4 Pleb  xD

Lol.

But nope. Because that would be abbreviated to PS4P, which already is Pro :awesome:

I don't see why it wouldn't be called a PS5. Why change it up now? It was more likely that the PS4 was going to have a different name, because in Japanese, the number 4 can be pronounced the same as the word "death", and it's seen as unlucky. That didn't stop them though. I like the PlayStation naming scheme. It keeps things simple. The naming scheme for Xbox on the other hand is awful. I mean who calls the third Xbox an Xbox One? What were they smoking? :P

It's number one, number one fail :awesome:

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

I don't see how what you're saying is related to what I said at all. I wasn't arguing about digital media becoming more popular, and I already know physical media will die out some day. I wasn't talking about that though.

He stated there wouldn't be a PlayStation 5 like it was a fact, and I was questioning where he was getting that from.

It's not a fact as far as the PS5 goes but with the way technology has been going the last 10 years, it won't be too much longer until Playstation becomes an entire platform rather than a numeric console release. It is actually pretty easy to visualize with their push of digital content over physical. One example of it is the PS4P not having a UHD Blu-Ray drive because their data suggests that people will more likely stream the content rather than buying it on disc. It isn't hard to visualize a Playstation console without an optical drive within the next 5-8 years. Blu-Ray discs only came out 10 years ago and I would say it is the more common choice of physical media nowadays.

Edited by skateak
  • Like 1