Which Minigame made you rage the hardest?

phoenix_shade

These minigames boiled my blood to varying degrees, with the exception of the Cactaur one.

The minesweeper one took me like 55 tries to get the maduin memento.

The Nebula one wasn't too bad but I missed the goal by less than 2 seconds about a dozen times before I got it.

The blitzball game had me swearing at my tv for about an hour or so.

do you know how much for each one we need to get the specific trophies?

Magitek Knight requires you to beat the mini game a total of 10 times. If you need to obtain the Maduin momento you need to beat it in 20 turns (counting your opponent's turns also) and not letting anyone die as well <Must be done in the intervention quest and not the twin's room>

Blitzball Ace requires you get a minimum score of 3000 (thanks to @capnstubing)

The Fast and the Nebulous requires you beat the mini game under a minute

Zip zip WHACK requires you score 5000 points at minimum, the issue is it's luck-based so you might have to play it a couple times before you get the right cactuars to spawn

Edited by Trini
  • Like 1

Magitek Knight requires you to beat the mini game a total of 10 times. If you need to obtain the Maduin momento you need to beat it in 20 turns including your opponent's turn)

Blitzball Ace requires you get a score between 4500-5000 (at least in my experience)

The Fast and the Nebulous requires you beat the mini game under a minute

Zip zip WHACK requires you score 5000 points at minimum, the issue is it's luck-based so you might have to play it a couple times before you get the right cactuars to spawn

>.< man those are gonna be tough to do, why did SE have to make them trophies. Thanks you

>.< man those are gonna be tough to do, why did SE have to make them trophies. Thanks you

It won't be a final fantasy game without trophies that makes you wanna cut someone lol. Tbh I got them all within a few tries but it varies for everyone depending on their luck, just gotta hang in there.

• Like 1

I just done them.  None of them were hard or rage material.

If anything, the cactuar one was the most annoying since it came down to RNG, but really all you had to do was keep trying until you lucked out with one that spawned good cactuar.. it probably took me like 10 tries..

Race one, easy enough once you identified the enemy sounds (I found listening for them easier than actually looking at them).

The Magitek one was the easiest.  Basically set your characters up like this at the start:

X X X X X

X X X O X

X X O X X

X O X X X

X X X X X

If by any luck, you would have get the perfect pattern of enemies where you would require minimum movement (if any).  I managed to do it in under 20 turns a couple of times out of the 10 times you had to play using this layout.  It just requires you to figure out where the enemies are based off where they attack.  Partically a bit of luck because if you can attack one on your first turn that helps greatly as that means you're already defeating one (when you attack, it tells you exactly where they go on the board).

Tidus one, all you had to do with that if you really don't like Angry Bird mechanics (I hate this series and ones like it - if I can do it, anyone should be able to do this one) was take your time and you'll do it easy.  Like user said above, 3000 points is all you require really, I had 3075.. and that was letting it idle at the start and missing the first black one.. so yea.. it's that easy if you just take time with it.

Edited by DEMON
  • Like 2

Still depends on RNG, though. I clocked in 78 tires in that mini-game, my luck isn't the best there is.

Wow.. I managed to get it done within the 10 wins.. 2 times.  What way were you doing it exactly? As none of my goes at it really took anymore than 25 turns.

I found the minigames to be okay all in all.

The nebula grotto race was easy and done after 3-4 tries, when I finally identified the enemies by their sound.

I personally found the cactuar minigame to be easy too and the only one that was actually fun. :P

The magitek minigame was... ugh, I'm not a big tactician, so I took me a while to find out what to do. And then repeating that 10 times wasn't too much fun either, but...

...the worst minigame for me was clearly blitzball ace! Oh good, I was yelling at Tidus so often why he kicks his ball so slowly!

But now I've got all 4 trophies, so I'm good. But one question: I counted the turns of both me and the enemies in the magitek game and I'm pretty sure I had one game with 17 turns and one with 19 turns, but I have no Meduin Memento? What exactly happens when you fulfilled the requirements to get the memento?

Edited by ShadowStefan

uhh.. is there some technique with the cactuar game? In the story event I just randomly attacked untill I had hit him... Can't imagine hitting him multiple times with just 3 tries.

The nebula was pretty easy. second try.

Blitzball's a bit harder but seems doable.

and the minesweeper is having a bit of luck

Edited by nick-loquet

The nebula grotto race was easy and done after 3-4 tries, when I finally identified the enemies by their sound.

I personally found the cactuar minigame to be easy too and the only one that was actually fun. :P

The magitek minigame was... ugh, I'm not a big tactician, so I took me a while to find out what to do. And then repeating that 10 times wasn't too much fun either, but...

...the worst minigame for me was clearly blitzball ace! Oh good, I was yelling at Tidus so often why he kicks his ball so slowly!

But now I've got all 4 trophies, so I'm good. But one question: I counted the turns of both me and the enemies in the magitek game and I'm pretty sure I had one game with 17 turns and one with 19 turns, but I have no Meduin Memento? What exactly happens when you fulfilled the requirements to get the memento?

It has to be done by doing the intervention in the tea room and can't be obtained by doing the minigame in the twin's room.

Edited by capnstubing

You have to beat it with nobody dying in 20 turns or less. It also has to be during the intervention quest

uhh.. is there some technique with the cactuar game? In the story event I just randomly attacked untill I had hit him... Can't imagine hitting him multiple times with just 3 tries.

The nebula was pretty easy. second try.

Blitzball's a bit harder but seems doable.

and the minesweeper is having a bit of luck

It took me one try, the was appearing and disappearing in a clockwise pattern. Pretty easy.