Which Minigame made you rage the hardest?

phoenix_shade

Is it just me, or is it easier to win in the intervention? I felt like my luck was much worse in the the twins' room.

You should be doing it in the intervention anyways so you get the chance to unlock the momento and extra cutscene if you manage to do it within 20 turns.  I never tried it in the twins' room to be able to tell.

Where do i get the momento from? I have beaten the game twice now in 18 turns, but have not received it. Does it need to be EXACTLY 20 turns?

Are you counting enemy turns? Or doing it in the intervention?

Edited by DEMON

I'll edit my post now sorry about that, I seemed to have forgotten to mention that part before >.<

The criticism was more for the way the game is programmed not really the clarity of your post ;) I do thank you for your help. I have done the intervention quest 5 times now and cant seem to keep Vivi alive. Much less sucess than from twins room PLUS the annoying fight after each win. :(

The criticism was more for the way the game is programmed not really the clarity of your post ;) I do thank you for your help. I have done the intervention quest 5 times now and cant seem to keep Vivi alive. Much less sucess than from twins room PLUS the annoying fight after each win. :(

If you're having issues I'm more than happy to trade you Maduin assuming you're willing to trade it back (only got one), that way it will register in your game without having to deal with the minigame. At the moment I can't do it now but in the next hour or so I should be able to if you're still around by then,

On 11/7/2016 at 8:01 PM, Trini said:

If you're having issues I'm more than happy to trade you Maduin assuming you're willing to trade it back (only got one), that way it will register in your game without having to deal with the minigame. At the moment I can't do it now but in the next hour or so I should be able to if you're still around by then,

I'd be happy to do that but I can't figure out how to use the trading feature outside of adhoc mode. (When I select trade it disconnects from online and then switches to adhoc. When I go to view available trades, none show) I might be doing this wrong as well since the multiplayer instructions in-game arent great.

EDIT: I just got the momento. I got lucky once :)

EDIT 2: I just learned today that the Vita version does not connect to trades via Internet and will only allow them adhoc only :(

Edited by EmeraldLeviathan
  • Like 1

I'd be happy to do that but I can't figure out how to use the trading feature outside of adhoc mode. (When I select trade it disconnects from online and then switches to adhoc. When I go to view available trades, none show) I might be doing this wrong as well since the multiplayer instructions in-game arent great.

Sent you a pm

I found Whack-A-Cactuar the most frustrating cos how many points you get is basically completely down to RNGesus... That and also the left stick on my vita is dodgy so the number of times I'd aim diagonally and she would hit straight was infuriating. 

The sandstorm d isn't too bad cos its basically just find a setup that works for you and go with it til the trophy pops. I set up like this...

x x x x x

M x x S x

x x x x x

x L x x x

x x x x x 

That way I could cover the entire board by moving L right two or S down two depening if one of them got hit first, but I found more enemies towards that L area but I guess that might come down a bit to RNG.

In the Nova one I found that by continually walking forward my reaction time was too slow but, cos they always spawn in the same spots, by stopping just before each one I could listen for the sound and quickly get it right and get going again and completed it in 58 seconds.

As for the blitzball one there is a pattern, I just learned where they were gonna come from in what order. The most difficult thing in this one was getting the power bar in the right spot but once I got that down it was easy enough.

Also I'm kind of glad they did trophies for each individual minigame cos it gave me an incentive to get them done right. The problem is that there's no reason to play them again afterwards. Unlike the collosseum and the interventions where you can stock up some useful items, once the minigames are finished, thats it, done. If you compare it to blitzball say in FFX, it wasn't just about a trophy, it was Wakka's ultimate weapon and plenty of useful items along the way. 

To add what DEMON said you also can't let anyone die

I had a couple of really great runs, but then someone would always get targeted and die.  :facepalm: Although, I did have one run where I had the medium and small enemy left and only Vivi standing. Figured I was going to lose, but managed to pull it off. 

You should be doing it in the intervention anyways so you get the chance to unlock the momento and extra cutscene if you manage to do it within 20 turns.  I never tried it in the twins' room to be able to tell.

I had done a few rounds in the Twins' Room when I was playing the other mini-games and before I had read you had to do it in the intervention to get the momento. I know it's mostly luck, but it really seemed like I had better luck in the intervention. I won 1/3 that I played in the Twins' Room.

Cactuar one was actually not that bad, it was MILES better than the story varient of this minigame. That shit was impossible, took forever to reset and was so frustrating. Only took about 3 tries for the game to give me enough points, and I had like 20s left when I got the necessary points.

Blitzball one is easy, just wait for them to get close. While it may take longer this way, it's much safer. And even the ones that dive bomb you, you have enough time to throw two balls and kill them. I got it the 3rd or 4th try when I stopped trying to speed things up by hitting things far away which just bit me in the ass. And it's the same pattern, every time as someone else mentioned.

Nebula was annoying as hell, I found it easier to just go by the sounds than look. They appear visually so quickly if you're moving full speed and the camera angles at some points are annoying.

I still don't have the Maduin memento. I hate that minigame, I lost so many times just trying to get the 10 wins. I almost had it twice, but RNGesus hates me.

Nebula should've been a 2D minigame so it's easier to see, instead of reusing the enviornments. Blitzball should've played like a schump. Cactuar shouldn't have had random requirements [and the story one shouldn't be bullshit], and the desert one would've been fine if not for the Maduin memento requirement. 20 turns? Sure, but... not when that 20 turns counts the enemy. That's 10 turns. In a largely chance game! Adding even on top of that a "no one dies" requirement is just nonsense.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 1

I do not agree that the desert mini game was all up to change.  The game itself is heavily strategy driven, and the AI is horrible at it.  If you have a decent starting place, you can win a lot more than you lose.  Now, to do it in only 10 turns does require a lucky start and a good first guess.  You can miss/move a total of 4 times and still win.

The Nebula Run is a decent game.  Sure, the camera is a bit wonky at times, but that is why they also have the sound.  The 60-second limit is also very forgiving.  You can run and stop before each spawn to prevent yourself from running into them.  I am reminded of the Chocobo Race in Final Fantasy X, where it was much more difficult to get down to 0.0 seconds.

The Cactuar game seems easy to finish, but it is down to the RNG if enough enemies even spawn for you to get the trophy.  I think that mini-game could have been patched to at least always have enough points available, and then make it slightly more difficult to get them all.

It was really late last night when I tried the blitzball game, but it did not seem like it would be too much of a challenge, I will likely go back to play that more tonight.

All in all I would say that my favourite game was the desert one, and I could have done without the others.  They just did not do anything interesting for me.

• Like 1

The pampa, desert and run minigames are all fairly easy. The pampa was really easy, the desert is totally doable once you understand how the game works, and as you said the run is very forgiving for the timer.

The einhander, on the other hand (pun intended) is really bad. It is not that hard, because there is absolutely no RNG (so basically you could do it blindfolded :D), but it is so frustrating... The other ones were fun, but i really think i lost one hour of my life for the einhander :D.

Anyway, i got the plat :)

I'm thinking of getting this game for Christmas. Are these mini-games as rage inducing as the chocobo racing/lightning dodging crap in FFX or not as hard?

These mini-games are a little rage inducing, but you'll probably beat most of them within 10 attempts or so and they're mercifully short.  Especially since people have now documented how many points you need and various tips to beat them.  None are as pointlessly meandering and tedious as lightning dodging and they don't "seem" as bad as Chocobo Racing, but getting the Maduin Memento seems to be a source of frustration for people.  Suffice if to say, you need a Maduin to 100% the Mirage Manual for a trophy, so I'll extend this:  If you buy the game and you run into this problem, message me and I'll hook you up with a Maduin.  Provided you buy the PS4 version since PSV can't trade online.

Edited by capnstubing

So I reached this point last night on the story, and oh boy am I mad? Hahaha

I avoided reading any post because of spoilers, so I naively played the game without knowing that my arch enemy was just waiting to strike me. The minesweeper minigame will trouble me that's for sure, so I'll try all the tips I read it here and hope for the best.

I guess I am one of the few that loved Sandstalker? xD what I used is

X X X X X

X T X X X T- Terra

X X X S X S -Shelke

X V X X X V - Vivi

X X X X X

Used Terra to attack first the one on her right or on Shelke's Left and based on enemy's moves, take my time to figure out the possibilities of enemy's places.

anyway.. OT... Whack-a-Cactuar for me. Esp. the first part.. sooo annoying how luck based it is. I am also not a fan of Reynn and Conductor's running gag in first place that's why I find it more annoying :|

I guess I am one of the few that loved Sandstalker? 

I'm one of them also. It seemed fairly easy and I was surprised when I saw how many people struggled with it. I thought for sure people would have disliked Tidus' one the most.

The pampa, desert and run minigames are all fairly easy. The pampa was really easy, the desert is totally doable once you understand how the game works, and as you said the run is very forgiving for the timer.

The einhander, on the other hand (pun intended) is really bad. It is not that hard, because there is absolutely no RNG (so basically you could do it blindfolded :D), but it is so frustrating... The other ones were fun, but i really think i lost one hour of my life for the einhander :D.

Anyway, i got the plat :)

You understand.

• Like 1

None, I actually breezed through them. Well, okay... sand stalker at the beginning was a bit of a pain, but once I got used to it, it was simple and I won the last 6 games in a row. I forgot what it's called, but the Lightning mini game looked like it was gonna make me rage at the beginning, but once I found a strategy, it was easy.  That strategy consists of pausing the game as soon as the enemy spawns so you know which button to press, did it in 48 secs. Whack-A-Cactuar I did on my second attempt, I got lucky because a lot of big cactuars spawned and a couple of conductors for big points :) The Blitzball mini game was another easy one, I just waited until they got really close, but not too close, because the points you receive decreases if its right in your're grill.