Game not installing?

Banana_Sausage47

I've been having problems with starting the game. It is installed and the latest update has been downloaded but when I go into the game it says, "Game installation is not complete, some contents will not be available until its completion". I let it sit at the menu and then the game crashed. I've tried searching for suggestions but nothing has come up.

I've been having problems with starting the game. It is installed and the latest update has been downloaded but when I go into the game it says, "Game installation is not complete, some contents will not be available until its completion". I let it sit at the menu and then the game crashed. I've tried searching for suggestions but nothing has come up.

When you press options on the game tile in the XMB, is the download status the same number on the left and right?

A lot of games install on PS4 by initially installing a small part of the game (In this games case one bike on a time trial), than when you're launched into the game it will install the rest of the game in the background at that point. Updates don't matter as they're basically a separate thing, you need to have the game launched and running for it to finish installing. The game likely won't give you much of a hint of it's installation progress as Sony basically doesn't allow developers to do that last time I heard.

If you have the game launched for an insanely long time and nothing happens, then I recommend deleting and reinstalling it at that point and trying again. :P

I tried the game on another account and it started up no problem so I had to delete all the save data and start again. Then after the introduction race, I backed out and downloaded only my world tour save off the cloud and it worked. So the problem may have lay with the Game progression save file as it took the new game progression file for the game to work. Hopefully you all undersood that :P anyway Thanks for the help skateak & BlindMango!

• Like 1