Who Crapped In the Corn Flakes? *RANT*

BIOHAZARD-R-US

I must be in the minority because I've never had a bad gaming session. I always hear people complain about them, but I've had nothing but success. It might be because I mainly play niche games and there's not a lot of people willing to boost them, but every boosting partner I've had has been a good boosting partner and I've never had someone leave prematurely. The only time that I've had a "bad" session was when there was a nor'easter that made my commute home longer than it should have been. I only joined the session to help since I'd already gotten the trophy, but they started and finished without me.

I guess my suggestion would be to play more niche games. If people are gonna be dicks to you over games then add them to your block list on psn and/or psnp. Keep the good and shut out the bad. It's all you can really do.

Edited by kuuhaku
  • Like 2

It's a give and take situation. Had a few amazing boosting session where we knock out the trophies quick. Sometimes I may not know exactly how to get it but the boosting partner helps and I too help gamers that might not know and help them with the trophy. Some gamers are just plain simple C**TS. 

• Like 1

A couple of the guys who left me behind for Batman were already on my friends list from previous boost sessions in RDR or Uncharted 2, one of them was from both. As soon as we started playing Batman tho, the douchiness came out strong. Perfectly fine for a whole bunch of boost sessions, but switching to Batman and suddenly BAM.

they all left me and another guy behind cuz we didn't have the Mumble app, and replaced us with 2 that did. 

What's the point of saying you'll help someone with getting a few trophies and then leaving them behind cuz they don't have an app on their phone? What could possibly be the excuse to cause such a fuss and arrogance from helping others?

People have lives outside of gaming, shocking, I know

You answer your own [rhetorical?] question at the end. Some people simply can't afford to spend 30 minutes helping you get your Predator Paragon trophy in Origins, when they could get the same trophy in 5-10 minutes using a superior communication software with more flexible people.

At the end of the day, we're all egoistic beings and everything we do is to further our own agendas. The 8-man group using Discord or Mumble is going to finish their boosting session MUCH faster than the 8 average Joes that insist on using the shitty PS App to communicate because they "don't own a laptop or smartphone" (or simply don't care enough to download it).

I recently boosted Origins MP. I filtered through a group of 50 people and recruited ~7 of them to a Discord chat, where we were coordinated and efficient in both our actions and communication. A couple of us didn't even know how to play the game. But we finished late into the night, while another group (uncoordinated, using PS app) was still trying to get Paragon Predator for everybody!  :lol:

So yeah, don't be surprised if you get replaced by someone willing to be more flexible for the betterment of the group. Maybe you have hours & hours to piss away, but a lot of people want to spend as little time on MP trophies as possible -- especially when the servers are about to close.

I've been on both sides. It doesn't sound like your exact situation, but close. I was boosting Red Faction Guerilla. If anybody has done this, they know what a hellish boost it can be. We had this one guy who would not stop bitching. Just crying at every turn about him being jipped his turn or not getting as many kills or whatever. I was the only one who had enough of it. We were using the psn text chat...it's funny because as i was typing to let this guy down, my buddy was like, "Phil, don't do it man." I told this dude off and, as predicted, he ran off crying.

Kind of hindered progress since a minimum number of people were needed to start the game and him leaving took us under it. Meh...i found a replacement fast enough.

I can't help myself sometime.

For the most part, me and my friends are pretty patient though. Like some of you here, we try not to bring random people into our group unless it's absolutely necessary. It just works well when you have real friends to boost with.

Edited by PhilDeezEnYuTees
  • Like 2

It's an unfortunate side effect of playing with other people; anonymity (online or offline) bring the worst out in some people, especially if a particular trophy set is grindy and/or frustrating. Also, if it helps you feel better, things haven't necessarily gotten any worse these days - things were like this even back in January 2010, when I was boosting the original Resident Evil 5's multiplayer Slayer and Survivor trophies.

I've gotten around this by avoiding adding games with arduous online trophy lists to my trophy hunter profile - that way, I can still enjoy games withought having to grind out 1000 online wins or whatever. The last game I had to boost was in May 2014, and I've never looked back.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear this coming from you BIOHAZARD.

When I played three matches on Uncharted 4 multiplayer today I muted everybody. I'm not doing that to be rude or to ignore someone's feedback if I happen to be a bad player online, I do it because I have had far too many incidents where I become the target, or somebody else becomes the target and the entire group fails to finish a dungeon or mission because their morale is down.

To a lesser extent I came across a few bad people on Red Dead Redemption three years ago. Every time somebody scored a headshot off these players they would go on a real tangent about how their entire team sucks and the opposing team is cheating. Problem is a lot of these sore losers were on poor internet connections which was one of the primary reasons why they sucked so bad in the matches. In many games like Gold Rush I would come across players who AFKED the entire match, then suddenly out of the blue they would start moving around and go on a rant on how they hate the game, how they hate their teammates.

One time somebody from the UK was playing Red Dead Redemption and every time he would die he would threaten to rage quit. I scored a few kills off him and soon afterwards he threatened me as a person, because I'm such a bad person he feels the need to take everything on me. Screaming to the top of his lungs, throwing his controller, being hugely upset because the game wasn't "fair" to him.

That along with the glitchers and cheaters who somehow score 30 kills in a single match and die ONCE was enough for me to quit Red Dead Redemption.

If I want to platinum that game I have to go and get a group of eight people for 'Posse Up', and due to my poor internet connection (less than 10 MBPS if anybody is wondering) that might make some people upset.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

It's not all bad can actually be a good way to meet long term boosting partners. This week have been lucky enough to find 3 more that were all stand up and great. Guess its just luck of the draw.

I couldn't imagine doing a big boost though without people I already knew, tried it once with Battlefront (20 man boost) everyone got the trophy eventually but it was brutal.

Edited by cjshaitan

You answer your own [rhetorical?] question at the end. Some people simply can't afford to spend 30 minutes helping you get your Predator Paragon trophy in Origins, when they could get the same trophy in 5-10 minutes using a superior communication software with more flexible people.

At the end of the day, we're all egoistic beings and everything we do is to further our own agendas. The 8-man group using Discord or Mumble is going to finish their boosting session MUCH faster than the 8 average Joes that insist on using the shitty PS App to communicate because they "don't own a laptop or smartphone" (or simply don't care enough to download it).

I recently boosted Origins MP. I filtered through a group of 50 people and recruited ~7 of them to a Discord chat, where we were coordinated and efficient in both our actions and communication. A couple of us didn't even know how to play the game. But we finished late into the night, while another group (uncoordinated, using PS app) was still trying to get Paragon Predator for everybody!  :lol:

So yeah, don't be surprised if you get replaced by someone willing to be more flexible for the betterment of the group. Maybe you have hours & hours to piss away, but a lot of people want to spend as little time on MP trophies as possible -- especially when the servers are about to close.

This. This is exactly what I was just saying. Yeah you can get it done faster, but that gives someone the right to be a dick and say shitty things, and then just abandon other players? Like I said, I know time is incredibly valuable, but what's the point of saying you're gonna help someone, start doing it and then abandon them halfway through?

It's not all bad can actually be a good way to meet long term boosting partners. This week have been lucky enough to find 3 more that were all stand up and great. Guess its just luck of the draw.

I couldn't imagine doing a big boost though without people I already knew, tried it once with Battlefront (20 man boost) everyone got the trophy eventually but it was brutal.

Couple of my now best friends are long-time boosters

Edited by BIOHAZARD-R-US

I understand your position, but that doesn't give anybody the right to be a total douchebag to other people.

• Like 2

I don't agree with you on this, when you make a boosting session you should know that everyone that joins wants to get the trophies, and you can expect in a big group that someone isn't good at the game, or doesn't have the right communication tools. You could do the 50 people recruitment thing. But that to me feels that in stead of trying to have those trophies you're running a sort of a business, doesn't feel right to me. But anyway, i personally haven't done a lot of online boosting sessions because i hate online trophies. Have done a couple of grinds and they went well because we had a good group in which we weren't bitching on each other. That was for Singularity. I'm not quickly annoyed in boosting, when someone isn't good at the game that could happen because most people want to get the online as quick as possible and therefore in the beginning before they have any experience with the gameplay. Had one annoying one though were someone didn't understand english at all. We were boosting a racing game and we needed 50 wins. I thought we had decided that i would do all 50 first, and then he. But after 2 wins he started to say things why he couldn't win and so on. And then left angry because he didn't get a win quickly enough, 10 seconds later. The only thing i hate are no showers. You've made an appointment, and then you should stick to it i think.

• Like 1

lars9612, your mentioning of showers reminded me of one time while doing the Buried Easter Egg for Black Ops II, one of the guys decided to take a 27 minute shower just before the final step. I even did a commentary video of it later on. I couldn't believe it. First of all, who takes 27 minute showers? Second, we were just before the last step!!! He couldn't wait the 15 minutes we needed to finish to take his shower! Hands down the best/funniest boosting fail I've ever been a part of.

• Like 2

Stuff like this is exactly why I avoid games that have MP required trophies period.  It's hard to find a decent boosting partner and I don't care to have to depend on others for my fun and have it be able to be so easily ruined because someone can't at least have some courtesy.

If these people wanted a particular app to be used, shouldn't that have been said before things were started?  If they at least had the courtesy to communicate before setting this up it seems it would have been better for everyone.  BIOHAZARD could have found more suitable players and the people involved in this could have had a full session from the start of people who meet their needs.

• Like 2

As someone who has set a thread specifically for helping people and being known for doing charity runs, you can say that I have a lot of experience boosting and being in groups, helping people cooperatively. I only remember 3 (well, 4 but that one you already talked about) scenarios where the people I tried to help didn't do as I told them.

First one was with terraria. A guy got carried through everything but Slimer, which I said from start I wasn't going to help because would be a waste of time and doing that in coop wouldn't hasten the process, He kept messaging me for 2 weeks asking for help and I told him he would complete that much faster by his own and linked him to some checklist of what to do. He completely ignored that and kept messasing me until I blocked him, since then he joins most of the terraria gaming sessions asking for help with something that is better done solo.

Second scenario was with Destiny. Told this guy a couple strategies on how to cross the bridge glitching and not glitching. He was horrible, couldn't cross the abyss with me (ended up leaving him behind and soloing that to teleport him), then he couldn't kill the Swordbearer on bridge in a 1v1 while I was glitching the bridge for him to go across. Then I gave up trying to build the bridge and helped him killing the guy and taught him how to fly across, he never learned it. Then I had to switch my year-long tactic of glitching the bridge backwards so I could rocket the swordbearer for him to simply pick up the sword and go across. He gets to the other side and I tell him to hide on right side where enemy spawn is smaller, he gets killed everytime. It's alright, let's move on, let's practice other sessions of the raid. Tell him to wait outside the shrieker room, I kill everything and go through, soloing it. Good. Deathsinger phase, tell him to follow me right and then switch left, then switch right again for the kill. He either dies on right side or on left side or on kill. After 9 attempts, I tell him to wait in the initial area so I can solo it and so I do. Next step, Crota. I tell him to stay behind me and avoid damage as he isn't going to regen it, he uses a regen build so he is pretty much set, right? Tell him to clear enemies and stay at the other side of the glass to shoot Crota when he has to. He doesn't do it right, his timing is off and either he kills him when I'm killing Swordbearer or he doesn't kill it and I die in a leap of faith. End up telling him to shoot when I'm next to crota, but I'm actually the one doing the down with Telesto and an area grenade, I manage to kill him 'solo'. Alright, so I'm looking here not for a carry, but for a complete AFK run. I'm doing abyss solo, shrieker room, deathsinger and crota, all there is left is bridge. I teach him how to glitch unspawn enemies on bridge, he never learns to get up there, he never kills swordbearer solo and never survives the other side of the bridge. A week later he messages me he is playing the game just for exotics now so after 25 hours of teaching (yup, only takes 1h to get this done, if that), he says he is giving up. I deleted him and then he spent 2 weeks trying to add me back. Dude, no, you wasted plenty of my time.

There is another scenario in Destiny with a guy that simply wanted to raid the vanilla raid (a level 27 raid) with a level 8 character. Yup, that's right, game doesn't even let you start with more than 3 levels difference and he was trying to use one 19 levels below.

There is one smaller case with Borderlands 2. I powerleveled this guy to 50 with my boss backup save. He goes on and ask me to help with Jimmy, I show him the location and tell him I spent 13h doing the runs until I got the kill and that I'm not going to do it again, but I'm okay showing him the route for the farm. After that is done, he asks me to stay in the lobby and help him, I tell him that I'm not going to because he asked me help for leveling and that's what I did and Jimmy had been too much of a pain for me to do again. He goes on insulting me about selfish (WHAT???) I'm and that I don't help people in need and how I'm going to die alone because I don't care about others. He was the first person I blocked since I created my PSN account.

Well, my point is that I'm doing these kind of runs for quite a few years now and out of the, what? 200 people I've helped not more than 10 failed to succeed what we were meant to go (and that is counting both BL2 and Terraria people I mentioned above since they didn't get their plats).

Now out of the charity and into the boosting, I'm always host of my sessions and I'm always the one to organize them. I had only 1 scenario in all the games I've played that the person cut me off entirely. The person here talking is someone with over 200 platinums and a lot of them being online because unlike most trophy hunters, I don't care about online trophies.

The scenario was for SHIFT 2 where I was boosting with someone. We were doing King of The Hill using several accounts for boosting, I get him to the end and he wins and gets the trophy + plat and asks to leave. It's alright, have been a long session, take your time. He goes offline for a week and I'm like 'okay, something might have happened'. When he comes back online, he syncs his trophies and he earned several for almost every day in the week. I question him what happened (he had the PS APP on his phone and we used to message all the time, even when he was at work), he says he couldn't play the whole week (seriously, you earned 43 trophies in the past 6 days) and ask him when we were going to do my side of KotH, he doesn't answer. Next week, he is playing Killzone 2, I message him again, he says 'soon'. Goes two weeks, he does the 1% online for KZ2 legit always postponing me, then after he is done, I ask him again when we would do my side of shift 2 since he was done, he replies that he sold the game and unfortunately he won't be able to help me.

Yes, after a 10h worth of boosting to help him to get KotH and the plat, this guy sold the game without returning the favor. I didn't even reply to him, just deleted him and moved on. The result of that?

78d534486dd2390cd753533149d513f9.png

Didn't go back to it ever since, but one day... One day I'll.

Edited by Stevieboy
No naming and shaming in the forums.
  • Like 4

This is an amazing post Biohazard-R-Us. And YuriG's response above mine as well.

Life is too fucking short. Appreciate people who help/care/postive effect in your life. If they leave because of certain circumstances at least you have the good memory.

And of course throw away the shitty people who disrespect you or don't reciprocate after you helped them. I don't even want to know they exist.

"When I wheel my trash to the curb for pickup, I don’t take Kleenex with me to wipe tears away."

"When something in my house breaks and I replace it, I feel good about the replacement. I don’t have a sense of nostalgia or grief about the defective parts. They just go in the can with the rest of the trash."

Just finished Dead Island with the help of a friend. And I helped him. Feels good. We doing Riptide next.

Edited by ForbiddenRavioli
  • Like 1

Wow this is really sad. I remember boosting the Batman origins MP during the summer and I believe I stumbled upon the best group ever. They were all European so their time was totally different from mine so it was kind of hard to meet up. With an awesome host who organized a clan chat, we cleaned up all of the miscellaneous trophies, then the win trophies after splitting into smaller teams to minimize time as well as split into three teams for boosting XP.

Man it was very organized and I couldn't have handled it better myself. I remember waiting 2-3 days to wait for my turn to get predator paragon after some people leaving or disconnecting etc. And then I remember I was the second last to get it. One dude was left however and some had to leave because you know... Life. The next day me and some other fellas made sure to help the guy because he was very collaborative and was very nice. Despite all of us having the trophy, we still stayed and helped the dude. All 8 of us!

It was truly heartwarming and to this day I've made great psn friends despite not really playing with each other since all of us tend to avoid online games which is kind of funny actually.

Sorry to hear what happened to you BIOHAZARD and as a general rule( I feel even dumb saying this to you, it's painfully obvious) always have 2 or more slots extra in case people who don't cooperate well, join your session.

Edited by poopooblast
  • Like 1