ToxicRedBull_

When is the PS3 PSN servers shutting down?

11 posts in this topic

Does anyone know when Sony is going to, or is allegedly going to, shut down their PSN servers for PS3? I know that a lot of people has said it will happen 2 years after the PS4 release, even though the PS4 has been out for a good 3 years now. Although I am getting a PS4 for Christmas, I kind of curious and worried at the same because I won't be getting rid of my PS3 (either not yet or ever) and I might try getting online trophies or just using online features... He says.

Does anyone know when Sony is going to, or is allegedly going to, shut down their PSN servers for PS3? I know that a lot of people has said it will happen 2 years after the PS4 release, 

Not to be mean but whoever says that is an idiot. I don't see them doing it within at least 5-6 years. I still think it will be longer than that. The ecosystem is way different. It is not like PS2 or even OG Xbox.

Edited by skateak

The servers for PSN are for all platforms, they are not exclusive to each one so the PS3 servers will not go offline unless Sony shuts down the whole of PSN

I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. I still enjoy a lot playing online on my PS3 and a lot of people do.

This isn't like console upgrades of old, the PS3 still holds up as a legitametly useful and fruitful console. Hopefully it will be several more years before any major change.

Been discussed loads, I doubt it'll happen for a while yet,