Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pirelli913

BREACH Tier 4

20 posts in this topic

Hadn't played my PS4 in a while and when I logged on the other day, I saw there was an update for Mankind Divided. Checked the trophies and saw there were five trophies added to BREACH... for a a new tier. In order to unlock Tier 4, you need 18% completion from Tier 3. I'm really not happy that they added this (even if it is free) because I hate BREACH, but I'm plugging through it...  :rolleyes:

I actually had 17% completion, so had to do one more.

The difficulty has gone up.

For me, it went up naturally because i was farming one of the 'Eliminate main unit' servers for Praxis points. The spike in difficutly is interesting. One of the early ones where you have to manually carry a data sphere will make you want to slash your wrists, as i've tried about 10 times unsuccessfully. You need to do 3 of those for one of the trophies.

There is a timed mission early on that is giving me trouble. Tier 4 isn't worth the aggravation.

The expainsion trophy is utterly ridiculous, you need to grind packs and be at the mercy of RNG, getting 6 of these will be a nightmare, I've had 1 in 100+ packs of various rarities opened :(

Is this more or less difficult than Tier 3 hardest nodes? Also, which packs provide the greatest chance of the Expansion items? Open question to all Deus Ex players.

By far, the Elite Packs (50'000 credits) give the best odds to get Expansion Items, which you can use in-game credits from missions on.

Also, in the last Darknet file you can choose to either keep or give credits. Keeping them (since it'll help for this) gives you 500'000 credits, which is 10 chances with Elite Packs to get Expansion Items.

Edited by Moccarocca

Is this more or less difficult than Tier 3 hardest nodes? Also, which packs provide the greatest chance of the Expansion items? Open question to all Deus Ex players.

To answer your first question, getting the trophies for Tier 4 makes it much harder, but just playing through Tier 4 isn't that much harder than Tier 3.

By far, the Master Packs (50k) give the best odds to get Expansion Items, which you can use in-game credits from missions on.

Also, in the last Darknet file you can choose to either keep or give credits. Keeping them (since it'll help for this) gives you 500'000 credits, which is 10 chances with Master Packs to get Expansion Items.

I'm kinda confused now. I just logged into the game and Master Packs (under Premium Items) costs 50 chip sets. But Elite Packs (under Booster Packs) costs 50,000 in-game currency. Can you clarify which you meant?

*Elite Packs (50'000) are the ones which give the best odds (a high chance) using in-game credits.

Just to let everyone know, I have four of the five trophies for this POS Expansion. Here are my tips (hopefully it helps others):

The first trophy you're likely to get is Data Emperor (Breach: Complete 5 Tier 4 Network servers.) To get this trophy, simply complete 5 of the 9 servers in Network 4A. My advice is to complete servers 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6. 4 is beyond ridiculously difficult.

The next two you're likely to get are The 40-Yard Digital Dash (Breach: Succeed 3 Data Sphere deliveries.) and Hourglass (Breach: Complete 10 Santeau servers.) To get The 40-Yard Digital Dash, you COULD do server 4 in Network 4A, but as I said above, it's hard as hell. Instead, go to Network 1A and complete server 09, then go to Network 1B and complete server 13, and finally, go to Network 2A and complete server 23. (Or do them in reverse to go from hardest to easiest.)

To get Hourglass, you need to complete server 12 in Network 1B, servers 21, 22 and 23 in Network 2A, servers 15, 16 and 17 in Network 3A, and server 08 in Network 4A. In addition to these eight, the last two will come naturally when you go after Ashes to Ashes (Breach Complete the Santeau Darknet File.) Or you can simply complete the first five servers I mentioned as the Santeau Darknet File has five missions itself. To unlock this Darknet file, sadly, you must first complete the other three Darknet files that come before it as it's the last. At the end of the case, #16 (Spoke with Client about his money) keep the money (500,000) as it'll help towards the final trophy, Excess Baggage Fees (Breach: Complete a server using 6 Expansion Items at once.) Basically, as Moccarocca said, buy Elite Packs with that money. Maybe you'll have better luck than I did. I only got two Expansion Items, so if anyone has any idea on how to boost money fast, please let me know! Thanks!

The best way to farm credits are challenges by a mile.

What I did it spend about an hour and a half setting 5 dummy accounts, you need to get around 1/3 of the way through Tier 1 before you can send challenges. You can send 3 from each account = 15. Each one you complete you get a victory pack which do not seem to give expansions, but all of them give around 13-16k credits and high grade nuke viruses which sell for between 3-12k. Sell anything you get like score/cheat modifiers as well.

You should also send challenges from your main account to the dummies and purposely fail them for more packs, I can send 5 a day, use whatever keys you have to replenish the challenges you can send daily, I would also advise buying Enhancer packs, you can buy 3 from the same price as an Elite and I have had no luck with the latter, I got 2 last night from about 17 packs.

I have another question, and please forgive my ignorance, but how do you challenge someone? It says "Show Challenges" but I can't find where to send them.

I have another question, and please forgive my ignorance, but how do you challenge someone? It says "Show Challenges" but I can't find where to send them.

Complete any server then press triangle at the results screen.

To put it in to perspective today I sent challenges from my main to alts, 3 challenges from each Alt to my main and completed the 3 daily challenges from shadowchild, so in total I had 23 Victory packs. In total I had around 350k of credits after opening them, then I sold a bunch of nuke viruses, cheats and patches and whatever else I had worth selling ending up at around 450k, you can buy 25+ Enhancer packs with that and I got 7 expansions.

Still RNG based but this is BY FAR the fastest method to farm credits.

Complete any server then press triangle at the results screen.

To put it in to perspective today I sent challenges from my main to alts, 3 challenges from each Alt to my main and completed the 3 daily challenges from shadowchild, so in total I had 23 Victory packs. In total I had around 350k of credits after opening them, then I sold a bunch of nuke viruses, cheats and patches and whatever else I had worth selling ending up at around 450k, you can buy 25+ Enhancer packs with that and I got 7 expansions.

Still RNG based but this is BY FAR the fastest method to farm credits.

Thanks. I only created one ghost account because I didn't want to create another five emails for each as well. Managed to get two Expansion Items so I now have a total of four. Just two to go. This is "slit your wrist" worthy agony.  :shakefist:

Oh, a tip for anyone that tries this method: When you send a challenge to your ghost account, you'll need to fail it three times for your primary account to get the Victory Pack. The easiest way I found to do this is to go in guns blazing and kill yourself. It'll count as one of your three attempts. Even easier is to find a red cube and shoot it when you're near it, which will kill you instantly. It's a lot faster than trying to complete the server while failing the challenge, too.

The quickest way is to just press options and exit server, this counts as a failure.

The quickest way is to just press options and exit server, this counts as a failure.

Nice. You're like my new bestest friend. I shall do that from now on.  :lol:

What I did it spend about an hour and a half setting 5 dummy accounts, you need to get around 1/3 of the way through Tier 1 before you can send challenges. You can send 3 from each account = 15. Each one you complete you get a victory pack which do not seem to give expansions, but all of them give around 13-16k credits and high grade nuke viruses which sell for between 3-12k. Sell anything you get like score/cheat modifiers as well.

You should also send challenges from your main account to the dummies and purposely fail them for more packs, I can send 5 a day, use whatever keys you have to replenish the challenges you can send daily, I would also advise buying Enhancer packs, you can buy 3 from the same price as an Elite and I have had no luck with the latter, I got 2 last night from about 17 packs.

Got all the trophies in Blitzkrieg fashion... except for Excess Baggage.. looks like I'll set up 2 dummy accounts and do the challenges.

Can someone answer this question:

I just have to create two accounts (without PS+, but with a valid email address), finish Breach tutorial, send 6 challenges (from two accounts), beat them, then fail them with one of the other accounts... Right?

So, in my scenario I would get how many packs?

Got all the trophies in Blitzkrieg fashion... except for Excess Baggage.. looks like I'll set up 2 dummy accounts and do the challenges.

Can someone answer this question:

I just have to create two accounts (without PS+, but with a valid email address), finish Breach tutorial, send 6 challenges (from two accounts), beat them, then fail them with one of the other accounts... Right?

So, in my scenario I would get how many packs?

Set up the two dummy accounts, complete the tutorial and about 3-4 servers from Tier 1 (I forget which before ShadowChild will give you challenges). Then, from each dummy account, complete three servers and send challenges to your main account. In addition to this, from your MAIN account, complete FIVE servers and send them to one dummy account. With that dummy account, fail all five challenges and from your main account, complete all six challenges. You'll  get about 90,000 credits for completing the challenges from your dummy and maybe 50,000 each from having your dummy fail. In other words, you'll have between 175,000 and 200,000 from the Victory Packs you open. The items you get from each Victory Pack, sell for additional credits. Then, with the cash you have, buy Enhancer Packs (under Booster Packs). You'll be able to open 12-14 packs that way. IF you have any Firewall Keys, you can replenish your challenges and repeat the process the same day. If not, you'll have to wait 24 hours to try again. It took me about two days to manage to get six Expansion Items. Good luck!

Whoa... set up 3 dummy accounts and (in less than half a day) got 8 expansion items. They are useful, especially if more BREACH content comes out.

Personally, this trophy was completely inserted in order to funnel people to spend real $$$. Smh.

As far as this method goes, don't forget to buy keys with the money on the dummy accounts so you can, in theory, keep sending challenges forever! (I think you can go back and forth with one account, sending challenges, and buying keys, until you get the 6 EXP items.

Tier 4 wasnt needed but thanks for all the helpful info here!

Not sure if its a glitch but after I bought 10 elite packs with the 500000 I kept from the picus darknet, I got 8 expansion items. 8/10 had one. The only thing I can think of that I did was mash x when buying them. I feel extremely lucky to not have to grind for this. 

On 4/20/2017 at 1:57 PM, ANTOTROPHIC said:

Not sure if its a glitch but after I bought 10 elite packs with the 500000 I kept from the picus darknet, I got 8 expansion items. 8/10 had one. The only thing I can think of that I did was mash x when buying them. I feel extremely lucky to not have to grind for this. 

A patch released a few months back increased drop rate for expansion items significantly, so yes, it's definitely possible.

I was reading through the tread here and I see others give good advice on the dummy accounts: I set up one myself, sent 3 challenges per day from main to alt, then 3 from alt to main, finished the levels on main and failed them on alt, and got 6 packs total per day (the most annoying part was juggling the accounts). The more alts you have, the better obviously, each will give you 3 more packs.

I'm done with Breach now, thankfully, and no touching it again, ever.