Can you import PS3 save data?

Yes, you can. It's called cheating / hacking.

Can you import PS3 save data? Rather not have to play this again.

He means can you import your PS3 data onto the PS4 copy. Like cross save. No you can't.

Edited by skateak
  • Like 1

Yes, you can. It's called cheating / hacking.

Importing a save isn't cheating, when you bring over a save file it specifically states it's someone elses save and disables trophies. It's when you change the ownership of the save file and import it, it becomes cheating. Also, If you delete your hard drive content without syncing and than use that same save file it's not cheating either, this method allows you to manipulate trophies with a good speed but is a shitty thing to do. 

Looking through the fastest achiever, I'm quite sure you can't.

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4671-Dead-Island-Definitive-Edition/Druoxrodest?order=date#content

Anyway, I wouldn't imagine the company patching the ps3 version to make cross save possible, that game is so old that isn't even worth it.

Hope you still get around it and end up playing it again. :)

If you don't want to play the game again....don't play it again. Simple.

That's not really the point.  The point is saving time by getting trophies that I have already done once on the PS3 version.

With a few games you can cross-save and import, like GTAV... and Sound Shapes, etc.

I liked Dead Island, but I'd much rather import all my cool weapons and stats into that new version. 

Save myself 100+ hours, seems smart. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

That's not really the point.  The point is saving time by getting trophies that I have already done once on the PS3 version.

With a few games you can cross-save and import, like GTAV... and Sound Shapes, etc.

I liked Dead Island, but I'd much rather import all my cool weapons and stats into that new version. 

Save myself 100+ hours, seems smart. 

And the reason why they don't allow that is because of all the hacked weapons on the ps3 version