Easy way to do Proud Mode

Too bad the gameplay guide didn't have enough info for this, though we can add it to the guide with a credit to you and Jagslash, if you want?

The credit would go to KH Speedrun community for coming up with the strategy.

That strategy is pretty old and was one of the base for the Blitz/Sonic Blade/Lethal Frame strategy I used for the Boss Guide.

The biggest problems with the strategy is that you need to get the Blue Rhapsody and Red Nocturne cards and that bosses can card break you.

The credit would go to KH Speedrun community for coming up with the strategy.

That strategy is pretty old and was one of the base for the Blitz/Sonic Blade/Lethal Frame strategy I used for the Boss Guide.

The biggest problems with the strategy is that you need to get the Blue Rhapsody and Red Nocturne cards and that bosses can card break you.

So, which one is better: the fire/blizzard or sleights strategy?

So, which one is better: the fire/blizzard or sleights strategy?

IMO the sleights strategy because it's unbreakable and you don't have to worry about RNG to get the cards you need.

In terms of speed the the fire/blizzard is a little faster on some bosses, but overall they are about the same.

If you want to see the fire/blizzard strategy in action just skip around in this WR speedrun of Sora's story.

Edited by soultaker655

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for not responding guys been inactive for a long time!

Soultaker655 seemed more capable in answering your questions though so I appreciate that. :)

Haven't actually seen the sleights strat just thought about posting the fire/blizzard decks strat since its easy and requires minimum skill.

Feel free to use the post however you want, but as soultaker655 already said credits go to the KH Speedrun community. I credited Jagslash too because he specifically showed and explained how the strat worked!

• 6 months later...

It's been awhile since this was brought up, but since the PS4 version of Re:com is out, I can now record evidence of the point I was making about the sleights strategy being better in most cases.

Here is the first Larxene fight using 3 different strategies. (Fire, Blitz, and Sonic Blade)

As you can see all 3 strategies work, but at this point in the game Sonic Blade is the easiest way to deal with bosses like Larxene.

The Fire strategy can work, but the bosses can card break you and you are kind of forced to keep a few 0 cards in your deck to stop the bosses sleight.

The Blitz strategy can work, but because the Blitz sleight is kind of weak at this point in the game you may end up getting card broken towards the end of the fight.  

The Sonic Blade is not only one of the strongest sleight in the game, but card powers 20-23 it's hard for bosses to card break you even without attack bracer.

This is why I feel the sleights strategy being better in most cases.

(All of these fight are on proud mode)

Fire strategy

Blitz strategy

Sonic Blade

Edited by soultaker655

Yeah, I just finished the Sora proud mode yesterday. :) Went pretty well. Sonic Blade and Blitz something (basically jumps on the enemy) is great, especially early on, Fatal Frame is awesome once you unlock that, and Ragnarok is also great once you unlock that. For Sonic blade you want 21-23 combos cards of different types, for fatal frame you need stop magic and two cards, all of as high value as you can, Ragnarok you should just do 3,3,3 cards. Of course, use the premium rooms to lower the cards requirements, that way you can equip tons of these combos. Makes normal fights super easy too. I can't remember the Blitz thingie, where you jump on enemies repeatedly, but very useful. And if you place them correctly in the deck it's just to spam this over and over. :D 

Edited by MMDE

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Gamehelp said:

you didn't even use a Red Nocturne card at all during the fight, using this "elemental" strategy without using these heartless cards is just handicapping yourself at the least, the fight would have been over in half the time it took you to beat Larxene here.

your argument is redundant, the "elemental" strategy is still the most efficient and easiest way to play this game.

I would have used the red Nocturne card if I had it at the time. Which is one of the point I'm trying to make about the Elemental strategy. The fact that the strategy relies on you to obtaining a card that drops randomly severely weakened the usefulness of strategy. After grinding on red nocturnes for 3 hours one still didn't drop.

Even if I did have the red Nocturne card the point that I'm trying to make about bosses still being able to card break you still stands.

Look if you like using the elemental strategy that's cool use it ,but don't come at me with such a useless argument that makes it look like you didn't even read the posts I made about strategies.

Speed was never the point I was trying to make about the slight strategies. I even said the elemental strategy is slightly faster than the others. My points were entirely about unbreakable attacks in the fact that the elemental strategy has a little too much RNG in it.

The fact that you completely refuse to acknowledge the points I made in my posts make your counter argument completely redundant.

2 hours ago, Gamehelp said:

you didn't even use a Red Nocturne card at all during the fight, using this "elemental" strategy without using these heartless cards is just handicapping yourself at the least, the fight would have been over in half the time it took you to beat Larxene here.

your argument is redundant, the "elemental" strategy is still the most efficient and easiest way to play this game.

IIRC, I just spammed one combo over and over, and by the time I was running out of cards, I would use a card to restore them all and then do it again until the boss were dead. Boss wasn't even able to attack me or something. :S Not sure what you would need fire for then. Requires no skills.

Edited by MMDE

• 7 months later...