Akuma Is Coming To Street Fighter V

NEV

After the conclusion of tonight's Red Bull Battlegrounds Street Fighter V tournament and the traditional farewell "Shoryuken" salute from Street Fighter V Executive Produce Yoshinori Ono, a short teaser for Street Fighter V's newest character: Akuma.

The teaser was brief, showing only a view of a temple ravaged by a storm, followed by several flashes of light (which appear during Akuma's signature move, the Shun Goku Satsu), then an iconic Street Fighter image: a paintbrushed Kanji emblazoned on the back of a black gi.

No release date for the character was given, though the teaser mentioned he will be playable at this year's PlayStation Experience on December 3-4 in Anaheim, California.

Guess Akuma took a vacation from being in Tekken 7 to save this dead game amirite? :giggle:

Anyways, i noticed he has a slightly new design as well. The hair especially, is noticeable around the end of the trailer.

Wonder what this means story-wise for him. Unless future characters don't have a story mode, which would suck.

Edited by Oblivion
  • Like 1

That is not Akuma. The symbol on his back is different.

That is Shin Akuma, the unleashed version of Akuma with insane speed and power.

I'm guessing his outfit will be more akin to his Street Fighter Alpha 2 one, albeit with some additional changes if it really is him.

Although, maybe Shin Akuma is his V-Trigger? Don't really think they could put him in the game as a regular character unless they nerf him heavily lol

Guess Akuma took a vacation from being in Tekken 7 to save this dead game amirite? :giggle:

Anyways, i noticed he has a slightly new design as well. The hair especially, is noticeable around the end of the trailer.

Wonder what this means story-wise for him. Unless future characters don't have a story mode, which would suck.

As long as they don't give his hair the same treatment they did to Ken... -_-

I would love to see Dudley, Sean, and Remy return in this game. (I would like Hugo too, but I dnt want a repeat of USF4 Hugo).

My 8 characters I really want to see again are Dudley, Q, Hakan, Sean, Hugo, Poison, Remy, and Twelve.

Hugo I would nervous about seeing again because of USF4. Twelve I think would be neat. Poison I always liked. Remy I like a lot more than Guile personally.

But Dudley is my favorite and best SF character, I love and miss playing as Hakan and Q. And it would be fun to play as Sean again