ESO GOLD EDITION AS SINGLE PLAYER?

Mr_Freaker

I'm quite a big fan of the Elder Scrolls lore, despite only having played Oblivion and Skyrim.

However, I don't like to commit to online guild, raids, ... I just like a good single player game.

Even story doesn't really matter as I like the gameplay and abilities a lot.

Is the ESO GE fully functioning as a single player game?

I do not care about getting all the throphies, just if this would provide a fun Elder Scrolls (-like) experience to play whenever I want?

I've read it has become better suited for single players, but I'm worried this could be greatly exaggerated.

Apart from trials (raids), veteran (hard) dungeons and world bosses game can be played alone. Recent update changed end game area from 4 player content to solo or 2 player content.

Recent update also made game so that high lvl players can play with you and still benefit their character too. Everything scales.

MMOs are typically better with friends but you can play it alone. You dont necessary miss much by skipping trials and such if you're not into those. But then again ESO is more shallow Elder's scrolls experience than Oblivion or Skyrim for me.

• Like 1

I'm quite a big fan of the Elder Scrolls lore, despite only having played Oblivion and Skyrim.

However, I don't like to commit to online guild, raids, ... I just like a good single player game.

Even story doesn't really matter as I like the gameplay and abilities a lot.

Is the ESO GE fully functioning as a single player game?

I do not care about getting all the throphies, just if this would provide a fun Elder Scrolls (-like) experience to play whenever I want?

I've read it has become better suited for single players, but I'm worried this could be greatly exaggerated.

Absolutely! Especially the DLC-s are well crafted (Wrothgar and the Orsimer culture is terrific, even though I never was a fan of orks in any game).

I'm a single player centered gamer too, and I just play this game like any other TES game. Occasionally another player runs along me by accident when I'm on a mission and clearing out a dungeon, but that only means that there's an extra firepower for that brief moment, which is nice. This game even encouraged me to try out group dungeons, I had literally nothing to do to make it happen, you just join a queue, and go on about your questing until there's a notification that you're ready, then you just clear a dungeon with 3 other people for immense XP, and continue with whatever you were doing.

It's a nice addition to the lore, and some of the quests and books are really well written (but I confess, the majority of the game is very bland and generic, but then again, so were other games in the series sometimes).

Also I'd like to add that this MMO has by far the best (simplistic) UI, and it's not embarrassing to look at like those cluttered, awful MMOs, like Neverwinter.

But then again ESO is more shallow Elder's scrolls experience than Oblivion or Skyrim for me.

Yeah, combat is floatier, sneaking is awkward, and it's not as well crafted in detail. It's not a deal breaker, but yeah. I wish we had Morrowind and Oblivion on PS4.

Edited by fbdbh
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, you can definitely play this alone. I've been playing alone quite a lot since most of my friends deleted or sold the game.

I'm not even in a guild.

Pretty much every quest in the game can be played single player (though the main campaign is solo by default) But it also depends on which class you're playing, so it is best to do some research on the class you want to be and determine what gear and skills you want to use.

You will still encounter other players, like any MMO, but whether or not you want to group up for dungeons and raids is totally up to you. (Note that main cities will have lag levels of players. It can be a little overwhelming.)

Hope this helped. ^.^

• Like 1