Sombra Trophies Incoming!

Maxie_M0us3

EDIT: Sombra is now live on PS4! And the new trophies are discretly added to the same list as Ana's trophies. Good luck to get Sombra's trophies early!

Source: https://imgur.com/a/9rvDF

As you might not know, Sombra finally made her way into the Public Test Region today on PC before landing on Consoles.

And here are the trophies coming for Sombra... and I can tell my jaw dropped! :o

Hack the Planet

- Hack 15 enemies without dying as Sombra in Quick or Competitive Play.

Power Outrage

- Hack 6 enemies at once as Sombra in Quick or Competitive Play

My Face When...

cover256x256-adb5b94f4a6a4017a4933d9c63e

Edited by Max654
  • Like 1

Can't wait to grab up these extra trophies while finally being able to play as Sombra.

Yeah we can hope to get them early when the first week of her release, people will rush to select her on Quick Play and it'll now be One-Hero limit as Competitive... I welcome this decision but also worry about it... since we're stuck with Quick or Competitive for trophies...

• Like 1

Good thing these trophies take pretty much no skill, and rely on luck.

At least the "Hack 15 enemies without dying" trophy relies more on your skills to play Sombra than luck. You'd likely play it more stealthy for better chances of achieve it.

I was thinking of my strategy for this upcoming trophy: I place a translocator far from the battlefield, then I sneak behind enemies to hack them and run away from them, go to the next target and hack again. If I'm spotted, I use the cloak to escape them and proceed my hacks in another direction. If I find myself about to die, I teleport myself, take a medkit and wait for translocator to cooldown to place it away from the fight.

For "Hack 6 enemies at once", well it's more like timing and Sombra's Ultimate seems to have a significant radius to make this trophy a piece of cake.

Edited by Max654

The first one seems a lot easier than Lucio's. Sombra can go invisible and then only needs to stay out of harms way for two seconds of visibility while hacking before she teleports out. Hacking has a pretty decent range, so I reckon this will be easy.

The second one should at least be a lot easier than Winstons, but you still need the entire enemy team in the area (and not be dead). Shouldn't be too hard in competitive towards the end of the match.

The first one seems a lot easier than Lucio's. Sombra can go invisible and then only needs to stay out of harms way for two seconds of visibility while hacking before she teleports out. Hacking has a pretty decent range, so I reckon this will be easy.

The second one should at least be a lot easier than Winstons, but you still need the entire enemy team in the area (and not be dead). Shouldn't be too hard in competitive towards the end of the match.

Suddenly I was thinking, I wonder if using EMP will count toward the 15 Hacks in a life... The only way will be to count each of my hack, both Hack and Ult and see if it will unlock. Edited by Max654

After getting the 100%, I'm not excited about new trophies, but I will without a doubt go for them.

Good luck at Sombra's release to unlock Trophies quickly since, in the PTR so far, Quick Play will be 1-hero limit and the new No Limits mode (a.k.a. the "Old Quick Play") won't unlock any trophy. So hello the world who would rush to instalock Sombra for months!!!  :facepalm: I like to play Sombra, she's awesome... but I'm stuck on playing No Limits by far where it's 6 vs. 6 Sombras. Screw the Mega Hype surrounding her for months!

I damn hope Blizzard will reverse this decision about Quick Play and they put a "Practice Competitive" instead! Or they make every trophy count in this new No Limits mode!

Edited by Max654

Good luck at Sombra's release to unlock Trophies quickly since, in the PTR so far, Quick Play will be 1-hero limit and the new No Limits mode (a.k.a. the "Old Quick Play") won't unlock any trophy. So hello the world who would rush to instalock Sombra for months!!!  :facepalm: I like to play Sombra, she's awesome... but I'm stuck on playing No Limits by far where it's 6 vs. 6 Sombras. Screw the Mega Hype surrounding her for months!

I damn hope Blizzard will reverse this decision about Quick Play and they put a "Practice Competitive" instead! Or they make every trophy count in this new No Limits mode!

Well Blizzard doesn't really care or matter about trophies or this stuff they put them In-Game and so far only inthe PTR they didn't count, here is more likely Sony in my opinion that should make possibiel getting the Trophies even in the 1Vs1 3Vs3 or & no limits. Anyway it mwould be annoyin to do this in a rush way for me i can even wait some weeks when all the people will be satisfied and she could be picked up without problems even on comeptitive, like Ana when out everybody using her now if you don't go her in competitive you ahve to praise another team mate for it.

Well Blizzard doesn't really care or matter about trophies or this stuff they put them In-Game and so far only inthe PTR they didn't count, here is more likely Sony in my opinion that should make possibiel getting the Trophies even in the 1Vs1 3Vs3 or & no limits. Anyway it mwould be annoyin to do this in a rush way for me i can even wait some weeks when all the people will be satisfied and she could be picked up without problems even on comeptitive, like Ana when out everybody using her now if you don't go her in competitive you ahve to praise another team mate for it.

It looks like it'll take much longer to pick up Sombra than Ana since all the hype around her. Would be nice that Sony makes it change but it's more likely up to Blizzard to make it change. Let's hope the complains on the game's forums will do a difference.

Trophy requirements are Blizzard's decision, not Sony's. They very obviously made the requirements purposeful with the trophy wording specifying "Quick or Competitive Play" even way before Competitive was released. I believe it's very unlikely they'd change it to allow earning trophies in the brawl modes, because that makes some of the trophies easier in specific brawl types. If people want the trophies it'll likely just be something we have to work around and deal with. 

It looks like it'll take much longer to pick up Sombra than Ana since all the hype around her. Would be nice that Sony makes it change but it's more likely up to Blizzard to make it change. Let's hope the complains on the game's forums will do a difference.

Nah more than for the Hype for the fact that she is an Offense Charcater not an Healer so Oh god how many people will choose her anyway....

I don't think so, Blizzard just Give the Cute or Pixel Spray for doing this that are Achivment or trophies requirment but it gave this in every mode Except "Offline" and PTR (Well What the player got in PTR Got away afte rlet's better say) so i think now they could be taken in the different modes (Except Brawls that re particular) at least on PC, that0s my thinking but maybe i'm wrong who knows we will see. Anyway are Doable trophies not some ridicolous ones like Lucio or Zenyatta or even Roadhog where you ahve to be in a map with enemies close to push and fall dfown anyway :P

EDIT: Sombra is now live on PS4! And the new trophies are discretly added to the same list as Ana's trophies. Trophies aren't working in No Limits mode yet but we can hope that Blizzard make them working. Good luck to get Sombra's trophies early!

Well looks like there's a chance that No Limits (a.k.a. Old Quick Play) would get Trophies working too!

This is what Jeff Kaplan said here http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752046062?page=1 :

No Limits now has the same EXP as Quick Play. The change was made on the PTR in an incremental patch. It was noted but not too many people read the minor patch note updates. This actually makes No Limits more rewarding to play than Quick Match as you earn the same EXP plus have access to the bonus weekly loot box rewards.

Our plan is also to eventually add stat tracking for more modes that are featured in the Arcade.

We're currently looking into whether or not we can allow the achievements to work in No Limits. We'll get back to you on that one.

I damn hope it will become real... Edited by Max654

Sombra's ult hacks don't count for the "Hack the World" trophy. I did it twice today, 18 hacks without dying in a KOTH map, and 15 hacks in a payload map without dying. Saved both times for video proof that its glitched and didn't pop. 

I haven't managed 15 manual hacks with the ability yet as it makes it a lot more difficult if you have to do it that way. Closest I've gotten is 14.

Edit: Ult hacks DO count but for some reason the way hacks "count" isn't correctly displayed. For instance, I made it to 15 hacks 0 deaths twice and no trophy, but I made it to 15 in a map just now, no trophy, ulted two people, and when I hit 17 hacks it counted. 

So basically, when you hack someone with L2 make sure it's a "clean hack" and that you see the skull on them. If they die before it shows up I don't think it counts.

Edited by FearForDignity

I think I was about to get both trophies in the same match. I have more my chances to get her on Competitive mode than Quick Play. I went all through the near end of the map without dying.., until a Phara kills me from above...

And for the EMP, at the very end I employed EMP considering the whole group of enemy... until damn Pharah came after.. there I knew I missed it.

They are hard trophies but it's all about mastering the character and know how to get out of enemy threat.

• 5 weeks later...

took me little games to get used to her.  the hack 6 at the same time is luck based because her ult gets blocked by objects.   and requires all 6 enemy's to be in a close range of eachother.   hack 15 enemy's in one life takes a bit of skill. you can either screw your team by hacking and teleporting back "note that the teleporter only stays for 15 seconds after placing so teleport back each single hack.  however u wil make ur team fight 5v6 that way so ur being a twat.  or  hack 1 person kill them and teleport back basicly assasinating the one u hack. this way ur atleast useful  "thats the way i did it"   

i have both sombra trophy's and am at 100% complete again @goodluck getting the xmas skins!

Personally, I engaged the ennemy with my team and kept my distance and hack them. Also, don't be shy to spray them so you get your Ultimate charged quicker and her EMP do count for 15 hacks in a single life, her Ult will help you a lot.

When using her Ult, you'd want to place her translocate before using your Ult since the ennemy team has tendency to chase you right after they get hacked. So place your translocate away from the fight, sneek the ennemy and use your EMP on them within 15 seconds, then teleport yourself to safety and keep hacking and shooting until your Ult is charged again.

On 16/12/2016 at 5:44 PM, Maxie the Mouse said:

Personally, I engaged the ennemy with my team and kept my distance and hack them. Also, don't be shy to spray them so you get your Ultimate charged quicker and her EMP do count for 15 hacks in a single life, her Ult will help you a lot.

When using her Ult, you'd want to place her translocate before using your Ult since the ennemy team has tendency to chase you right after they get hacked. So place your translocate away from the fight, sneek the ennemy and use your EMP on them within 15 seconds, then teleport yourself to safety and keep hacking and shooting until your Ult is charged again.

If they didn't fix this with the last update,you can even just ult constantly ebcaus eSombra Ult Charge is Kinda "Broken" just have to hack a Big Medkit and tell a friend to get some damage and use it, by doing that you get like 15% or mroe of your ult charge right away and in few seconds the MEdkit is back, especially on Anubis while attacking by this way you could have your ult Ultra-fastly :P