Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DanielVT

Let's Be Honest About Infinite Warfare.....

24 posts in this topic

COD Sucks blah blah blah! xD, joke aside, you're right, IW isn't bad, but honestly... It doesn't feel like Call of duty anymore.. sad but true

i did read awhile ago that Infinite Warfare is meant to be part of a new trilogy so i am not sure if they will all be linked or what the deal is. But i wasnt a fan of the space ship battles....seems like star wars type shit. ugh. but its fun none the less

I never hated the Cod games, I just got bored of the "let's go to the future", I am more of the kind who likes ww2, ww1 and Vietnam and that is it.

The rest of the games got boring to me, blacks ops 2 was my stopping point as it lost to me the greatness of the old time war, however battlefield 1 looks good to me as it takes place in ww1 a time that is rarely ever put into games and when they are they are fun when done right that is, also if Cod were to go back to ww2 or any other past wars I will hop back into it again.

I feel the campaign and zombies are absolutely great

Multilayer is atrocious

I hate twitchy shooters and this is the epitome of that

Like I'm not very good and I don't enjoy it at all as you just melt the minute someone looks at you

It's a bit too fast paced for me

I prefer my MP like Uncharted etc. Where it takes both twwitch reactions and actual skill to kill people

I feel this game would have done a lot better if "Call of Duty" wasn't slapped on to it. It looks like an excellent game but as a Call of Duty title? 

I enjoyed ghosts,but AW had to of been the worst in the series. As for infinite warfare,I think they've made some great changes since the beta,mainly by reducing time to kill,but it just feels too similar to bo3 (which bored the life out of me). Can't comment on the campaign yet since I haven't touched it,but surely it can't be any more boring than what BO3's campaign was.

The campaign is surprisingly very strong this year

The story is a tad cliché but interesting

The gamelan though is the strongest it's been in a while

Everything meshes together so well and the new systems and downtime between missions etc. Work in its favor massively

IW is actually... and I can't believe what I am saying.. Good. I have had a hard time liking the new gen call of duties, but IW.. It isn't cod in my eyes, but it ain't bad.

I picked up, holding the copy in my hands while walking out of the store saying I will regret this and I can't believe I am buying this.. But I actually might not regret picking it up.

I actually would like to recommend people to play, before they say.

Interesting thread and a good read. For me the Call of Duty franchise became less interesting the moment I played Call of Duty Ghosts for the first time in 2013 on my PS4. The MP was trash, but I did enjoy the Extinction mode for a few hours, and that was also just it. The campaign was okay, and I liked the many stealthy situations in the game, but in overall it wasn't even remotely good as I feel that the Extinction/Zombies mode and multiplayer should suck you in and let you stay there until the next Call of Duty. I had the game for a month and decided to pass it on. I went out to purchase the Prestige Edition for it, and boy, I have never regretted a purchase this much.

Then Advanced Warfare came out, and while I actually enjoyed the multiplayer, I didn't like anything else about the game. All this futuristic crap with Exo-zombies, double jumping, wall running etc. just annoys me. Like many others, I prefer World War games, and when Battlefield 1 was announced I was the happiest guy on earth. Anyway, even though I didn't like it at all, I still think that it was an improvement over its predecessor.

After those two games, I said to myself: "Okay, I'm not gonna buy the next Call of Duty at launch since I don't like spending money on games that I don't like". But this is where it really changed for me. The beta for Black Ops 3 released, and I was really surprised. The MP was so good, and it felt really good even though it was plagued by a futuristic setting. So I decided to buy the normal edition of the game, which is the first time I didn't buy collector's editions by the way. The Zombies mode was great, the multiplayer mode was even better, but I didn't like the campaign mode one bit. I hated it, but Zombies and MP was awesome.

So when Infinite Warfare was announced I was getting kind of angry, because I don't want the Call of Duty franchise to turn into this. Then Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered got announced alongside of it, and that game accompanied with Modern Warfare 2, World at War and Black Ops 2 are my favourite first person shooters ever. So when it wasn't sold separately, I decided to buy the Legacy Pro Edition. I finished the campaign of Infinite Warfare on launch day, but it really wasn't my cup of tea. I really enjoyed those jackal missions on Veteran difficulty, but the rest of it just wasn't made for me. And the ending was pretty lame.

Then I tried out the Zombies mode, and I must admit it. This is the best Call of Duty Zombies game I have ever played. I find it so incredibly fun, and I just can't stop playing it. The MP is okay, but I'm really not enjoying it as much as I enjoy Modern Warfare Remastered. I'm actually playing IW's Zombies mode more than the MWR's MP mode at the moment... What is wrong with me, right?

In overall, I really feel like they should go back and make those World War games. The people behind EA understood what fans wanted and therefore developed Battlefield 1 (which has a terrible name to be honest, lol). I really hope to see changes next year. I mean, I don't get why they cancelled some of potentially best Call of Duty games of all time. Devil's Brigade? Vietnam? Roman Wars? That's what we wanted, and they just cancelled it...

Then I tried out the Zombies mode, and I must admit it. This is the best Call of Duty Zombies game I have ever played. I find it so incredibly fun, and I just can't stop playing it.? Vietnam? Roman Wars? That's what we wanted, and they just cancelled it...

Agree on the Zombies mode. I don't normally do Zombies at all in COD but I have to say Spaceland is amazing. 

COD Sucks blah blah blah! xD, joke aside, you're right, IW isn't bad, but honestly... It doesn't feel like Call of duty anymore.. sad but true

Gotta love how this works. Change things around and its not CoD anymore, stick to the same formula and CoD is too repetitive. It's still fundamentally CoD they just actually innovated this time.

Do you know why there is no solid CoD game after Modern Warfare series? Because of people like you. If you keep pre-ordering game no matter what , devs will continue to make sloppy games. If Activision writes Call of Duty on a blank disk, 5 million people would buy it.

Anyway, in my opinion SP is better than expected does not deserve the hate it's getting but MP is an absolute garbage. However, l would not buy it for 59.99$ when l can get Titanfall 2 or Battlefield 1 right now so if anyone is indecisive about what to buy...

Hop off your high horse. The horror of people buying something they enjoy! esp. when this one actually innovates and tries. Getting a lot of unwarranted hate simply for being a CoD game.

In overall, I really feel like they should go back and make those World War games. The people behind EA understood what fans wanted and therefore developed Battlefield 1 (which has a terrible name to be honest, lol). I really hope to see changes next year. I mean, I don't get why they cancelled some of potentially best Call of Duty games of all time. Devil's Brigade? Vietnam? Roman Wars? That's what we wanted, and they just cancelled it...

No, don't do it the EA way. I haven't tried BF1's campaign but the multiplayer was a hackneyed reskin not an actual World War 1 game. They sold the game on the premise of innovation when it was just a well made but bog standard Battlefield game.

-Devil's Brigade could be cool.

-Already done Vietnam

-Roman Wars is too far removed from what CoD is.

I have played every call of duty that has ever came out. Black Ops 1 and 2 and the Modern Warfare series were my all time favorites. Black Ops 3 was the first series I didnt buy at launch. I ended up getting it later and the Platinum. IW has a great SP but some of the side missions were copy and past. The ship missions to me all looked the same. The story was ok, but the bad guy was only in a few scenes and the way he died was just stupid. I really think the mp maps look great but the mp is pure garbage. Time to kill is way to soon and the high powered guns are already taking over. I have never really been a fan of zombies but Spaceland is awesome. But this is one of the weakest COD games in a while. I really feel IW had put a dark cloud over the series. So many rip off from titanfall and other games.We will see what happens with the next game but this year BF1 and Titanfall will have my time over IW. 

No, don't do it the EA way. I haven't tried BF1's campaign but the multiplayer was a hackneyed reskin not an actual World War 1 game. They sold the game on the premise of innovation when it was just a well made but bog standard Battlefield game.

-Devil's Brigade could be cool.

-Already done Vietnam

-Roman Wars is too far removed from what CoD is.

But they knew what the fans wanted. A WW game, which they delivered. I'm not saying that Battlefield 1 is the perfect game, but it's definitely not bad. I'm just asking for a Call of Duty WW game - not anything like Battlefield. Two totally different video game franchises in so many ways.

I like how you point out that "Roman Wars is too far removed from what CoD is". Weren't these futuristic games far away from being a Call of Duty game as well? They can do anything they want with the franchise, and I just want them to say farewell to this futuristic crap.

Regardless of this was cod or not, I feel that it should be judged fairly like any other game. If it's bad, bring on the pitchforks!!

If it's good then no need to hate it just because it's called "cod" and it should very well deserve it.

I personally wouldn't play it therefore I wouldn't rate it either simply because I'm biased against fps in general so I'd probably hate it just because of that despite that it could be a solid shooter.

I trust users so no high horse to hop off.

Because users can't be biased, particularly the multitudes who disliked the trailer en masse, hated on the game before it was released and spouted bullshit like "I haven't played a CoD since BO1/2/MW2/3 etc. because I know it's shit without having to play it lol"

Pretty sure most user ratings on those sites are from people who haven't even played the game, in fact.

I never trust Metastatic reviews

They've given some truly awful games amazing review scores

And some great games bad reviews

Case in point; World of Final Fantasy has a mid 70 despite being the best since X

Yet XIII managed mid-eighties

Meanwhile GTA V got like 97 and I honestly feel it deserves a 70 tops

The Witcher 3 deserved a 100 etc

But it's all opinion

Id rate IW an 85 and BF1 a 60ish, as it's plain boring. Unoriginal and not fun to play

But if course, it's all opinion what we like and diskike

Metacritic scores of IW 

80 Metascore, 3.3 user score.

Link : http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare?ref=hp

Metacritic scores of BF 1

88 Metascore , 8.5 user score.

Link : http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/battlefield-1

Metacritic scores of Titanfall 2 

90 Metascore , 8.4 user score.

Link : http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/titanfall-2

Yeah, l don't believe so-called reviewers when they are paid to review. I trust users so no high horse to hop off. I am the echo of majority that CoD fans seem to refuse to accept.  If IW sold that much, it is only because of fanbase of franchise.

You're being willfully blind if you're willing to trust user reviews that are so blatantly biased its not even funny. Feel free to discount professional reviews if you wish; I strongly disagree with that assessment especially when you have no real evidence that they were paid for good IW reviews or w/e but don't pretend that Metacritic user scores have any actual integrity. Its fanboys giving 10's and hate mongers giving 0's with very little thought or reason.

Battlefield 1 only sold so much because of its fanbase. Not sure what your point is.

Because users can't be biased, particularly the multitudes who disliked the trailer en masse, hated on the game before it was released and spouted bullshit like "I haven't played a CoD since BO1/2/MW2/3 etc. because I know it's shit without having to play it lol"

Pretty sure most user ratings on those sites are from people who haven't even played the game, in fact.

Thank you.

But they knew what the fans wanted. A WW game, which they delivered. I'm not saying that Battlefield 1 is the perfect game, but it's definitely not bad. I'm just asking for a Call of Duty WW game - not anything like Battlefield. Two totally different video game franchises in so many ways.

I like how you point out that "Roman Wars is too far removed from what CoD is". Weren't these futuristic games far away from being a Call of Duty game as well? They can do anything they want with the franchise, and I just want them to say farewell to this futuristic crap.

They knew what the fans wanted but did they actually deliver or did they deceive?

Nah; the future isn't too far removed from what CoD is. For starters it has guns.

IW isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. That's a given. Hating on Call of Duty is the "cool" thing these days. Hence the dislikes on youtube and the poor user review scores. I'm not crazy about the direction the franchise has gone but I know the game isn't a 3.3. Surely somebody with common sense would realize something is off there. I'd be willing to bet the majority of the people ragging on the game haven't played it in any capacity. The same thing happened with Black Ops 3. 

I'm not sure if I'm the only one (probably not, cause you're never the only one) but I really liked the fact, that IW is so SciFi-esque. I started with CoD 1 on PC and really enjoyed it till the point of WW2 saturation set in (and it was far before the release of MW1). This is the reason why I (and everybody else) loved the new Modern Warfare setting. But modern combat got soooo unbelievably boring after 100 franchises joined the modern train (CoD, Medal of Honor, Homefront, Battlefield and all the crappy low-budget rip-offs) and I dropped out after MW2. My hate for the franchise and especially the large part of the community was so strong, i didn't bother to look in CoD till now. 

I recently got Advanced Warfare and I really liked the campaign. Now I got Infinite Warfare and I loved the campaign. It was something fresh and new. Nobody can truly mean, that the setting is overused and boring, 'cause this kind of SciFi hasn't been here in such a bombastic orchestration. Sure, it's not the "old" CoD, but what everybody miss (especially the 14-year-kiddos who all got my mum) is, that neither CoD IW is like the old CoD nor was MW.

TL:DR

I loved the campaign and I really like the Zombie Mode which is quite extensive concerning the trophies :)

Look to start, I've always been a massive COD fan since the days of Call of Duty back on the PC in 2003. I've played every game, bought every DLC, and sunk way too much time into the franchise. I've never thought a COD game was bad, and I've always been sick of the internet thinking it's cool to attack the franchise just because it is super popular and the best-selling game every year that Grand Theft Auto isn't released.

When I first got my PS4 at launch, Ghosts was the big game to play seemingly. I never disliked Ghosts. It wasn't the best COD ever, but I had alot of fun with it. I really enjoyed the bombastic ridiculous campaign, hit max prestige in the mp (absolutely wrecked people), and found Extinction to be fresh and just fantastic. It was far from perfect but the game was unfairly hated IMO. 

When Advanced Warfare came out I was initially excited, but very quickly I soured. The campaign was great, but I hated the MP with a passion. We all know what is wrong with it. Only two guns were usable, unlimited boost jumps, worst spawns the series has ever seen, ugly maps, horrible kill streaks, and those god-awful supply drops. Zombies wasn't anything special but it was fun enough. On a further note, I absolutely hated the interface, the menus were ugly as hell, and just the general aesthetics of the game were ugly in my opinion. Advanced Warfare was the first COD I actually disliked and see as the worst in the series.

Black Ops 3 renewed my hype. It looked infinitely better than AW. It was a more grounded experience with a decent movement system. I played it a decent amount, but the campaign (hated the co-op emphasis) was probably the lamest of the series, and the first time Treyarch didn't do a good job. Zombies was solid, and the MP was decent, but got stale fast. The Supply Drops were once again infuriating and got worse. Overall I still havent finished the trophies in that game, and honestly it was the first time I got burned out massively on the series. It wasn't a bad game. It was a solid game, but it just bored me. As I die hard fan, that surprised me.

All this leads to Infinite Warfare. I was never hyped about this game after being burned out. I've longed for a return to boots on the ground and a historical setting such a WW1, WW2, or Vietnam (possibly the Korean War). I pre-ordered the legacy pro edition like I do every year (getting the best edition every year), but genuinely wondered if I'd regret it. The campaign looked ok through E3, and the beta was just a whole big meh. When I heard they were doing zombies instead of extinction I was highly annoyed. 

When I finally started to play the game, all my whims and concerns vanished. Look this game is really really good, and criminally underated (even with the solid reviews). The campaign is fantastic. Easily the best since the Modern Warfare series. It feels fresh, grounded, believable, and just the whole setting is fantastic. The interface and aesthetics especially the menus are wonderful. Just the atmosphere of the game is great. This is the first time after 3 straight years that I feel a developer got the whole future setting right. Jackal fights are fun, commanding the Retribution is great. You genuinely get attached to the charachters, and Infinity Wards take on space and fighting on different planets is just wonderfully realized. The weapons are great, the gadgets and gear are as well. I love the side missions, and the general direction of the game. 

Mutiplayer and Zombies has genuinely surprised me with how enjoyable they are. Alot of people are are saying its BO3.5. I understand it plays it safe in alot of ways, but I genuinely think zombies may be better and less hardcore than Treyarch's zombies (blasphemy I know). I genuinely am enjoying the MP far more than BO3 (although I can't pinpoint why). Map design is great, maps are pretty and unique, guns and gun balance is surprisingly decent so far, and the kill streaks are finally good again. The only massive negative is the supply drops and how they keep being further integrated as the years go on. I hate supply drops with a passion, but they seem to be here to stay. I'd happily pay $2.99 for a gun or something like that, but spending hundreds of dollars trying to get a random gun is fucking stupid. 

Anyway to wrap this up, I've found Infinite Warfare to be rejuvenating and worthy of attention. I know most are burned out on the future, but I totally believe that this game could become a genuine sub franchise in the series. I think with 3 developers there is room for a future sub-franchise. I'd like Infinite Warfare to be it. Sledgehammer won't be doing AW2 I don't think. I'd be stunned if we don't get a historical boots on the ground game, and hopefully Treyarch is done with the solid but needing to be finished Black Ops series. I'm sure Infinite Warfare will sell less than Black Ops 3 because its a brand new sub-series, and has gotten negative attention simply because it's future setting. Look this game is genuinely great and deserves a shot. Hopefully Activision sticks with it and allows Infinite Warfare a chance to breath and get a sequel. We need variety in the series, and IMO Infinity Ward has earned the right to the future era of the series. I'm very interested in others's honest opinions and not simply "COD sucks blah blah blah." 

Black - Contradiction (?)

Blue - Supportive Review from a Youtuber

It seems my purchase of the Legacy Edition may not be as partially bad as I thought it was (although note: I was already open-minded for IW prior to release)... but the last remaining reason why I am not and have not given IW a chance is because of the still outrageous SP price. I would attempt to 100% the full game when it becomes that, but I don't feel like $50 for a SP is worth the price, especially if there was a SP2 or more content that was not included in the SP1.

It might not feel CoD anymore, But for Star Wars fans like me is awesome! 

Think of it as another franchise!

Edited by Ethan