NA PSN 10th Anniversary sale-lots of PS2/PS1 classics.

angelgrievous

A lot of crazy crap in those articles, but for the guy who obviously did NOT read The Odyssey, Odysseus absolutely did NOT turn down the offers from the sexy sorceresses, nymphs, etc. He took up all of them on their offers, and STILL returned home to his beloved Ithaca.

Gamers can have their cake and eat it, too.

• Like 1

Wow what an awful sale. Full of trash that's been on sale forever.

Okay, so it might not be the best sale for everybody but...Trash?  

Bloodborne

GTAV

Xenogears

Max Payne

Wild Arms

Rocket League

Mega Man 8

Parasite Eve

Final Fantasy origins

Twisted Metal

Tron Bonne

Resident Evil 3 etc...

Trash?

• Like 1

Anybody who loves JRPGs or LEVEL-5 games, buy Rogue Galaxy. I can't recommend that game enough. An awesome JRPG that unfortunately got overlooked because it released in NA in 2007 (the "end" of the PS2 era).

Also, Bloodborne and the DLC for it are amazing. Best souls game, in my opinion.

I suppose how good or bad this sale is depends on how many older games a person has played and how important trophies are to them. For hardcore trophy hunters, the pickings are pretty slim. For others that don't mind checking out older titles, this sale features some of the most influential, iconic games ever made. If you are in the latter category, I highly recommend Symphony of the Night and Chrono Trigger. Both are regarded as among the best games ever made and hold up incredibly well.  I just played Chrono Trigger for the first time a few years ago and was absolutely blown away.  For PS2 classics, Katamari Damacy is some of the most delightful insanity you will ever experience and Suikoden III is criminally underrated.

• Like 2

****!

jumped all around my room when seen Rouge Galaxy, then got so disappointed when I learn I'm one dollar short..... I had to be a freaking ps plus member to get the game for $5, why they didn't let none plus subscribers to get those games for only $5?

i'll wait for week two and see what they add there T_T

Edited by yellowwindow7

Those are the whiniest articles I've ever read. It's possible to be nostalgic AND not be stuck in the past, you know.

Many gamers missed out on some of these titles, or judging from some posts, weren't alive when they were released. Closing yourself off to any games over X years old is completely ignorant. It's like saying studying world history should only encompass the last 12 years. Everything else is best left in the past.

If you're someone born between 1992 and 2002 then you probably missed out on a library of games.

I have several games on my profile including the Mega Man Legacy collection which date back to the late 1980s. There are plenty of people out there much older than me who played the old arcade games in the 1970s, but they still purchase and enjoy modern day games.

The problem I have with people are those in their mid 60s to early 90s who wish it was still the 1980s, still pretend it's the 1980s and absolutely refuse to accept any new solutions and ideas. These are the people stuck in the past, they have done nothing new in the past 30 or so years of their lives and look down on younger people. Like that old granny who complains about everything but wants to be sent back to the 1950s - 1960s.

The only ones that really caughts my eye are Grandia 3 and Suikoden 3. Still, I'm not buying them; I am way past these sony baits to spend money when we know that big sales are coming on the last two months.

Anyway, for those interested in RPGs, Xenogears, Grandia, Chrono Trigger and Castlevania - Symphony of the Night are great games that must be played at least once.

• Like 1

If you're someone born between 1992 and 2002 then you probably missed out on a library of games.

I have several games on my profile including the Mega Man Legacy collection which date back to the late 1980s. There are plenty of people out there much older than me who played the old arcade games in the 1970s, but they still purchase and enjoy modern day games.

The problem I have with people are those in their mid 60s to early 90s who wish it was still the 1980s, still pretend it's the 1980s and absolutely refuse to accept any new solutions and ideas. These are the people stuck in the past, they have done nothing new in the past 30 or so years of their lives and look down on younger people. Like that old granny who complains about everything but wants to be sent back to the 1950s - 1960s.

Most of the people who grew up in the 80's are in their 40's now.  The 60+ year olds are playing Spacewar on their mainframes.

I have no problem with those people (I assume you meant *born* in the mid 60's to the early 90's. Just as you are entitled to choose what you experience, they are just as entitled to choose what they experience.

It's also why I prefaced my post with "It's possible to be nostalgic AND not be stuck in the past, you know."